(Topic ID: 176514)

If You Had To Come Up With A Pinball Theme, What Would It Be?

By AVH7401

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 101 posts
  • 70 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by volkdrive
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8257 (resized).JPG
    rocky-horror-picture-show-lips (resized).jpg
    IMG_6233 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6234 (resized).PNG
    IMG_6232 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6231 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0084 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0083 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0081 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0082 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0080 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2708 (resized).JPG
    navigator (resized).jpg
    pf (resized).jpg
    IMG_0689 (resized).JPG
    Official_Gta_V_Artwork_Stop_And_Frisk (resized).jpg
    There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 7 years ago

Castelvania style and or new hockey style NHL my vote. Always wanted a beer or Jack Daniels with cigars and darts style of pin, or monsters of rock pin like Brutal Legend game that came out.

#52 7 years ago
    Quoted from denmark71:

I would like another cartoon theme: Futurama or Bobs Burgers

Futurama would be awesome. Bob's burgers; not so much.

#53 7 years ago

They Live or The Thing

#54 7 years ago

I would imagine you could do some pretty bad ass things with a Pink Floyd themed machine...

I would also be first in line for a Rick and Morty theme...there was a pretty extensive thread not too long ago about what a R&M pinball machine should include, references, callouts, etc. Some pretty good and hilarious ideas.

#55 7 years ago

Bill and Ted. Flashing phone booth bash toy, collect historical figures, pass the test, circle K wizard mode and avoid the reaper. A lot of funny call outs, include "Don't Fear the Reaper" as a music track.

#56 7 years ago

IMG_0002 (resized).JPGIMG_0002 (resized).JPGIMG_0001 (resized).JPGIMG_0001 (resized).JPG
    If we're talking band themed, I think both the music and artwork of Tool and a pinball machine are a pretty solid fit.

But for an original theme I would love to design a machine called "Arcade 80." The game would begin by concentrating on the early SS pinball scene with sounds and call outs from machines like gorgar, black knight, sorcerer, FP etc. maybe even some of their game modes integrated. A magna save on the right, a DMD graphic of Sorcerer with a two ball multi lock on a ramp where you can put another ball through it to increase the play field value. Familiar things that will make your soul happy.

Then, a familiar thumping electronic sound takes over the speakers and on the DMD, a new challenger enters: Space Invaders. All the quarters in your cash box are leaving the pinball machine and stacking up on the video game side and you have to fight off the invaders! Once you defeat Space Invaders, you hear the familiar drone of Asteroids. Another challenger to defeat! With each new video game introduced you have to fight to keep the market share of pinball in the black. You could use such great original sound effects from these old games, and you would be literally trying to save pinball all over again while--- playing pinball! In the end of course, you lose the last ball and PAC Man comes and gobbles your ass up. The match screen would include WMS/Bally with a "Closed" headline.

#57 7 years ago

Grand theft Auto

great storyline (modes)
    great artwork
    great music
    cool pinball !!!

Official_Gta_V_Artwork_Stop_And_Frisk (resized).jpgOfficial_Gta_V_Artwork_Stop_And_Frisk (resized).jpg

#58 7 years ago

If i were doing a licensed theme, Id want Bobs Burgers, Archer or Nightmare before Christmas.

Original Theme, Id build a pin about construction. Have a big building on the playfield, light up sections as you hit shots to build them (concrete slab, then steel structure, etc), have cool interactive toys like tools and maybe a crane or spinning concrete truck... get the building built and hit wizard mode to demo it and start building again...

#59 7 years ago

I would like to see a World War 2 theme'd Pinball machine or perhaps one based on the American Civil War where you picks sides.

#60 7 years ago
    Quoted from Kingsley73:

I would imagine you could do some pretty bad ass things with a Pink Floyd themed machine...
    I would also be first in line for a Rick and Morty theme...there was a pretty extensive thread not too long ago about what a R&M pinball machine should include, references, callouts, etc. Some pretty good and hilarious ideas.

A pinball machine based on The Dark Side of the Moon would be mind-blowing (You can take that in more than one way )

#61 7 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I would like to see a World War 2 theme'd Pinball machine or perhaps one based on the American Civil War where you picks sides.

WWII for the win!

#62 7 years ago

Voltron..complete the 5 lion shots to start VOLTRON multiball

#63 7 years ago

The dresden files : Harry Dresden- Wizard.

#64 7 years ago

If you want a non-licensed theme, then maybe a new disaster machine. i.e - Sunami.

IMG_0689 (resized).JPGIMG_0689 (resized).JPG

#65 7 years ago

A 50th Anniversary Star Trek where they pull together the original series, the Next Generation, DS9, Voyager and Enterprise.

#66 7 years ago

Scooby Doo, the original cartoon series using a few of the iconic episodes and monsters. Mix in multiple small LED screens on the playfield with the targets and use them to change the look of the field each time. Each time you play out to the end of an "episode", it finishes with a multi ball "chase the monster" where the characters and monsters run past the targets all over the field and hitting the targets would knock down the character passing by.

#67 7 years ago

pf (resized).jpgpf (resized).jpg

#68 7 years ago

navigator (resized).jpgnavigator (resized).jpg

#69 7 years ago

I would theme a game where you systematically went thru it and destroyed all the other themes from the last several years. With a wizard mode where you get to eliminate one by one the people that keep asking for more of the same.

#70 7 years ago

Beatle Juice!

2 weeks later
    #71 7 years ago

bump

#72 7 years ago

Interesting. Could you elaborate a little more on the theme?

#73 7 years ago

Black Sails! IMHO

#74 7 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

Interesting. Could you elaborate a little more on the theme?

gliebig I am referring to a pinball machine that has a theme about bumper. The whole playfield should only contain bumpers besides the flippers.

1 week later
    #75 7 years ago

"The Breakfast Machine" from Pee-wee's Big Adventure

#76 7 years ago

"Pussy Grabber"

IMG_2708 (resized).JPGIMG_2708 (resized).JPG

#77 7 years ago

Im not a deadhead...but Grateful Dead would make for a great pin!

#78 7 years ago

Lots of great themes out there.
    Sturgis Rally (they managed to badly botch the 3 Harley pins) Believe it or not, the Sturgis name is trademarked
    Pink Floyd
    Led Zeppelin
    The Beatles
    Three Stooges
    Futurama
    Beavis & Butthead
    Animal House
    Mad Max

#79 7 years ago

Goodfellas would be a great theme! Some very cool mode options -- The Lufthansa Heist, the "How do I Amuse you -- like a clown" mode, along with the helicopter chase with "Jump into the fire " by Harry Nilsson playing in the background. A great movie would be a great pin!

#80 7 years ago

Blasto!

IMG_0080 (resized).JPGIMG_0080 (resized).JPG

IMG_0082 (resized).JPGIMG_0082 (resized).JPG

IMG_0081 (resized).JPGIMG_0081 (resized).JPG

IMG_0083 (resized).JPGIMG_0083 (resized).JPG

IMG_0084 (resized).JPGIMG_0084 (resized).JPG

#81 7 years ago

One of my favorite fantasy movies as a kid from the 80's: Neverending Story, Labyrinth, Flight of the Navigator, The Dark Crystal, Legend or Willow.

#82 7 years ago

Dirt bike themed game. Braaaaaaaappppp!!!!!!

#83 7 years ago

Back in the late 70s and 80s a lot of pins were themed around space, and rockets, and space travel. With all the advancements in space technology I think doing a newer space theme would be cool if done right.

#84 7 years ago

I'm gonna home brew Fallout themed pin. It has a huge following and I imagine it would catch the attention of the younger crowd with its post apocalyptic theme and help get them into pinball.

IMG_6231 (resized).JPGIMG_6231 (resized).JPG

IMG_6232 (resized).JPGIMG_6232 (resized).JPG

IMG_6234 (resized).PNGIMG_6234 (resized).PNG

IMG_6233 (resized).JPGIMG_6233 (resized).JPG

#85 7 years ago

flipper since jaws still aint happening

#86 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mfsrc791:

Dirt bike themed game. Braaaaaaaappppp!!!!!!

Bally BlackWater 100

#87 7 years ago

The Rocky Horror Picture Show

The voice call-outs would be awesome...LOL

rocky-horror-picture-show-lips (resized).jpgrocky-horror-picture-show-lips (resized).jpg

#88 7 years ago
    Quoted from indypinhead:

The Rocky Horror Picture Show
    The voice call-outs would be awesome...LOL

I am amazed this hasn't been done.

#89 7 years ago

Since the 80s revival still has a little juice left in it: Christine. Just think - the Plymouth Fury grille under the translite with two headlights on either side where the speakers usually go. You put in your quarters, and the whole machine revs. You press start and the lights flicker, the Carpenter music pulsing. An LCD in the playfield that imitates Christine's green speedometer keeps track of your progress. A little crane with a magnet on the end locks your balls behind Darnell's Garage. Roll back the odometer to hear the best of the best of 50s rock-and-roll as you mow down your victims. As you do, the pepper's ghost effect on the rearview mirror on the backglass changes, fading from youthful vigor to ghoulish zombification.

#90 7 years ago

1) Xmas. Unbelievable that it never happened.Lots of open lisences including characters ,music, etc.Throw in a B/W "Bad Santa" type humor.Ages 8 to 80 could dig a pin like that.

2) Tatoo Think of the great art and social connection.from old sailors to young hipsters.would be a stunning art package.

#91 7 years ago

I could say (I have before...get to sleuthing?), but that would spoil all the fun later on?

#92 7 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Bally BlackWater 100

A good one

#93 7 years ago

Toy story
    Scoooby doo
    Adventure time

What can I say ....the wife likes animation

#94 7 years ago

Jaws.

IMG_8257 (resized).JPGIMG_8257 (resized).JPG

#95 7 years ago

I'm surprised people are still posting on this forum. I thought it was dead.

#96 7 years ago

Command & Conquer: Red Alert

#97 7 years ago
    Quoted from AVH7401:

I'm surprised people are still posting on this forum. I thought it was dead.

Its fun to come to a place where you can dream about themes you want to see but probably never will see made

#98 7 years ago

A WW2 themed machine has been in my thoughts for a while.

#99 7 years ago

Aliens!! Wink wink

2 weeks later
    #100 7 years ago

Sherlock Holmes. Based of the RDJ movies....

There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/if-you-had-to-come-up-with-a-pinball-theme-what-would-it-be/page/2?hl=dopes214tx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.