(Topic ID: 139809)

If You Had a Top 10 90's Pin & Someone Offered to Trade a New Game..?

By Scout

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by cougtv
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    #1 8 years ago

If you had a high end pinball machine.... example a perfect Twilight Zone or other top 10 1990's game & someone walked up & offered to trade KISS, Walking Dead, Wizard of Oz or another new model game... keep in mind that the pinball machine you get... you can never sell or trade. That takes out the reason to trading a game because it's more valuable.

#2 8 years ago

ACDC LE or Tron LE

This is my wallpaper on my computer:

image.jpgimage.jpg

#3 8 years ago

I would trade it for much older games, and already have.

#4 8 years ago

All depends on the specific game, not the era it's from.

#5 8 years ago

No chance. Nothing made in this century compares to the B/W pins of the 90's. Now I would consider a temporary exchange between parties just to mix it up a little. Which is really what it sounds like you're describing to me.

#6 8 years ago

I like and have owned both. I also like to buy and sell games. So the can't sell it later thing won't work for me.

To answer, yes I would trade an old nice BW for new. I had a very nice TZ. I sold it for cash to buy new pins.

#7 8 years ago

I sold a TZ for a STLE

#8 8 years ago

Traded a fully restored TOM with fresh nos pf swap for MetLE

Pretty happy about that one

#9 8 years ago

I was offered a NIB metpro for wh20 when metpro was first released and turned it down. Still have wh20 and glad I hung onto it.

#10 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Traded a fully restored TOM with fresh nos pf swap for MetLE
    Pretty happy about that one

That's the one pin that would make me think about it. At least for a little while.

#11 8 years ago

I traded a HUO Monopoly straight up for a TZ. Does that count? That was 14 years ago, mind you. I've quite a few top end 90s B/W games but wouldn't trade them for many games made recently.

#12 8 years ago

I traded a TAF which was in players condition for a really nice Mystery Castle and 500 bucks, no one wanted to trade it for anything new so I took a rare. There might be only 20 MC's in the condition like this one was in. Got tired of Fester then Bear Ramp, repeat and rinse, and there are 2 other TAF's in our League but no MC's. MC is not the greatest but is really difficult and I can't get all the items yet after like a couple of months playing it.

#13 8 years ago

Sold my TOTAN, TZ, IJ, CFTBL plus a bundle of cash for IMVE, AcDC prem, Tron and STLE and XMLE and TSPP.

All fun games, but I'm preferring the new games. However newness is a plus as I'd owned the older games 5-6 years.

#14 8 years ago
    Quoted from Scout:

If you had a high end pinball machine.... example a perfect Twilight Zone or other top 10 1990's game & someone walked up & offered to trade KISS, Walking Dead, Wizard of Oz or another new model game... keep in mind that the pinball machine you get... you can never sell or trade. That takes out the reason to trading a game because it's more valuable.

Why can't you sell it? Sounds like a bad person to trade with. Stolen goods?

#15 8 years ago
    Quoted from roffels:

It's just a very roundabout way of asking: "would you give up a top-10 1990s game for a new model game?"

I'm thinking of doing just this: Selling my TAF and Dr Dude next year to fund an Alien.

#16 8 years ago
    Quoted from roffels:

Weird stipulations makes thread weird.

I don't know why the 90 B/W games are put on a pedestal, I enjoyed my TZ and TAF but letting them roll out the door wasn't anything hard to do.....

ToM was a fun game but the snore wizard mode made it very easy to let go.

The Sterns that I have a ton of playtime on, Xmen-Met-AC/DC-TRON-IM-Spiderman-LOTR have great coding with excellent wizard modes (edit-that are tough to get to) are easy to let go of too....well, maybe not TRON.

#17 8 years ago

Uh-no.

I have 40 pins. Many are top of the "popular" list or cookie-cutter as they use to call us.

Few are new. I consider LOTR one of the best games ever (so I have 2, need the backup) but the last few years nothing feels like I want to keep them. I like my AC/DC but I have system-11games I like more.

Nope. I could have what I want of the new list but just don't want them. I am a Huge "zombie" enthusiast. Stickers on the car and everything. Watch Walking Dead religiously. But that game is boring. Would not trade my Creech or WH20 for a NIB.

#18 8 years ago

You can't justly compare pins from the 90's with games like Met and Tron. They are completely different era's, companies, and game play standards. In my opinion, everything after LOTR is different than every game that came before it. Same with TAF back in the 90's. You wouldn't compare Flash to LOTR, and you can't fairly compare games like Wh2O with MET.

#19 8 years ago

I traded TAF for Tron and couldn't have been happier. TAF was certainly fun but Tron was way more fun, to me. Games, regardless of the era, have to be fun. I like playing QD and Centaur just as much as BSD and Metallica. Which games do you like playing the most? Why could you never sell or trade it? Seems like a weird stipulation to me.

#20 8 years ago

Traded MM for LotR + cash. Would do it again and again. LotR is a much better game. IMHO

#21 8 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

I was offered a NIB metpro for wh20 when metpro was first released and turned it down. Still have wh20 and glad I hung onto it.

I have both new and old, for instance met pro and wh2o. Love the build quality on the older pins, love the fact their loaded with cool toys and unique features. New pins I love the ruleset, and the fact they are new. I hate how cheap theyre made and how they strip everything out (pro)but keep jacking up the price.
    With that said I've been on a stern kick as of late and actively seaching for a couple titles. In the meantime i found a jy and fell back in love with 90s era. Both eras have great pinball, just gotta find the ones that suit "you"
    However I would trade in either direction. For instance to obtain my grail pins of the 90s afm ss I'd probably trade any newer pin in my collection. On the other hand i would probably trade any older pin in my collection for a modded huo tfle. Hint hint.

#22 8 years ago

Wizard of OZ or STLE/Prem (maybe on the second).

#23 8 years ago

There's nothing new that's better than the only top 10 game I have, AFM. And certainly nothing coming out that I can see.

#24 8 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

Uh-no.
    I have 40 pins. Many are top of the "popular" list or cookie-cutter as they use to call us.
    Few are new. I consider LOTR one of the best games ever (so I have 2, need the backup) but the last few years nothing feels like I want to keep them. I like my AC/DC but I have system-11games I like more.
    Nope. I could have what I want of the new list but just don't want them. I am a Huge "zombie" enthusiast. Stickers on the car and everything. Watch Walking Dead religiously. But that game is boring. Would not trade my Creech or WH20 for a NIB.

Totally obsessed with the zombies as well. I would have bought the machine this year but got a new central heat / air unit and air handler as that was more pressing. I will obtain one, I got a couple of games in at a show but that is my exposure to the game. Most find Stern IJ4 or SWE1 boring while I absolutely love those games. So yes, there is a good chance I would do the trade. Never sell I would never do. Right of first refusal is an option. I have several games I got from a friend that gets that on some of my games, so I may not be able to do those......

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/if-you-had-a-name-your-pin-someone-offered-to-trade-a-new-game and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.