(Topic ID: 262477)

If you had $1500....

By dugmar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_9828 (resized).JPG
    There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 4 years ago

What pin would you buy? Currently in my collection is an AFMr and a WCS '94. Looking for an older, fun pin to add to the lineup.

#2 4 years ago

Flash
    Stars
    Magic
    any of 100 good EMs

#3 4 years ago

Meteor?

#4 4 years ago

Since I already own a Hardbody, I'd look for a High Speed. There are also many EMs that would be good choices. Target Alpha would be near the top of my list.

#5 4 years ago

I'm here to say it: Meteor blows.

The definition of a one shot game.

#6 4 years ago

But you gotta make some other shots to make the 1 shot worth something.

So maybe a 1.5 shot game?

#8 4 years ago

Big Guns
    Jokerz
    Road Kings

Lots of early SS games and EMs, not too many system 11's for 1500

How about a nice condition Gorgar?

#9 4 years ago

Games I've bought for under $1500 and really enjoyed are Fire! and Black Knight. Those are actually the first two I bought. Black Knight has nostalgic value though. Non-pinhead visitors also really seem to like Fire! with the ladder and fun call outs.

#10 4 years ago

Down payment on a R&M.

Can you even get a reasonable non EM machine for $1500? I mean there's a trashed Xenon on here for $1200!

#11 4 years ago

I'd save $700 more and get a Taxi

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

Down payment on a R&M.
    Can you even get a reasonable non EM machine for $1500? I mean there's a trashed Xenon on here for $1200!

If you aren't afraid to do a little work, there are plenty that can be had.

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

If you aren't afraid to do a little work, there are plenty that can be had.

Think it is highly dependent on where you live and your time. The vultures are out in full force and for instance where I live, it's pretty dry. You on the other hand live near ground zero, so I think your perception is skewed a bit

#15 4 years ago

Might have to add a few bucks, but try out a system 11
    big bang for the bucks.

#16 4 years ago

I just bought a decent shape #SF2 for just about this price

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The definition of a one shot game.

You're playing the game wrong. Drop targets all day.

#18 4 years ago

There’s a guy in the northeast selling a Sorcerer at $2k. Very good game for the money.

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from Powdevil:

There’s a guy in the northeast selling a Sorcerer at $2k. Very good game for the money.

Dude said $1,500!

This isn't 'Nam man, there are rules!!

#20 4 years ago

I bought my Secret Service for less than $1,500. Sure, it gets panned by the experts, but I think it's a fun machine for the price.

Good luck finding a High Speed anywhere near $1,500.

"Maybe" a Maverick, although those seem to be closer to 2k.

Is condition important, or just playability?

#21 4 years ago

Black Knight

#22 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

Think it is highly dependent on where you live and your time. The vultures are out in full force and for instance where I live, it's pretty dry. You on the other hand live near ground zero, so I think your perception is skewed a bit

The market is very fierce where I'm at. Just gotta be at the right place at the right time. Most good deals get snapped up within 30 minutes. I've made my fair share of drives for games <$1k myself. They're out there. You just need to keep your eyes open for them.

#23 4 years ago

This thread proves the old adage:

"How do you get a bunch of advice on Pinside on the best game for $2,500? Ask for advice on the best $1,500 game."

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This thread proves the old adage:
    "How do you get a bunch of advice on Pinside on the best game for $2,500? Ask for advice on the best $1,500 game."

Just like, "why get a Pro when you can save a few more grand to get the Prem?!?!?!"

#25 4 years ago

F14 is a game that you can actually get for $1,500, and absolutely kicks ass.

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from BeaglePuss:

True. But if you are solid on 1500, I say buy either Shaq Attaq or Sharkey’s Shootout for 1500.

You should be able to find one of those 3 for around that price.

If those are not old enough: Flight 2000 but it’s kind of a maintenance dog, Fast Draw is great EM, or maybe Firepower?

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from BeaglePuss:

Forgot about F14. I vote that!

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from RonSS:

I bought my Secret Service for less than $1,500. Sure, it gets panned by the experts, but I think it's a fun machine for the price.

I just traded a pin for Secret Service a few months ago, awesomely fun pin with great callouts.

Making the jackpot shot while 2-3 balls are flying around is a bitch but I pull it off time to time and the lightshow is great.

#29 4 years ago

When is the last time you saw a Pinbot for 1500.....it's been like 4 years for me.

#30 4 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

When is the last time you saw a Pinbot for 1500.....it's been like 4 years for me.

I bought mine off pinside 5 months ago, with a spare playfield for $1450. Just needed a flipper diode.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/84327

#31 4 years ago

Oh, and also, someone could buy my Cyclone that works right now (It's got a really ugly but sturdy cab, and some popped inserts under mylar, okay? Plays fine, and I just fixed the bonus wheel.) for 1400. Just saying. =p

#32 4 years ago
    Quoted from dozer1:

Big Guns
    Jokerz
    Road Kings
    Lots of early SS games and EMs, not too many system 11's for 1500
    How about a nice condition Gorgar?

I got two of those for less than $1500. Just got my Big Guns for $1200 last weekend. A few issues but it's in pretty good shape, and only going to get better. I got my Jokerz! for $1300 and have put a little work into it, but it's in pretty nice shape too. I enjoy playing both and love these Sys11 tables. I'd really like a Taxi, Bad Cats, and Diner to round out my collection.

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from herbertbsharp:

I bought mine off pinside 5 months ago, with a spare playfield for $1450. Just needed a flipper diode.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/84327

You drive to pick it up? For me that would've been like an 1850 game, but I see what you mean.

#34 4 years ago
    Quoted from Time:

I just bought a decent shape #SF2 for just about this price

Yeah, but you're stuck owning a SF2.

#35 4 years ago

Alien Poker .... great game for under 1500

#36 4 years ago

Find a broken 3k game . Pay 1500 and spend another 500 on parts . Maybe thats the way you could score a Pinbot or High Speed ( both worthy titles ) .

Get to be smarter person doing the repairs as well !

Shane

#37 4 years ago

High Speed!!!

#38 4 years ago

Id find the nicest system 11 I could find

#39 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Frog:

Just got my Big Guns for $1200 last weekend. A few issues but it's in pretty good shape, and only going to get better. I got my Jokerz! for $1300

Nice way to have cool games for 1500! Pay 1200 then shop it out and LED it. You are right in there on price and have a game that looks and plays well.

#40 4 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

You drive to pick it up? For me that would've been like an 1850 game, but I see what you mean.

Yeah, I think it was 3 hours each way, pretty standard drive in these parts. I see what you mean too, that price is a bit lower than typical.

#41 4 years ago

A bunch of spare parts.

LTG : )

#42 4 years ago

6 Pinstadiums? LOL

#43 4 years ago

Be patient and see what comes up in your price range within driving distance.

#44 4 years ago

I would absolutely go for a Firepower.

#45 4 years ago
    Quoted from RonSS:

Good luck finding a High Speed anywhere near $1,500.

I got mine for $1,200 and it worked 100%. I ven had to only drive 75 minutes from my house to pick it up.

#46 4 years ago
    IMG_9828 (resized).JPGIMG_9828 (resized).JPG
    #47 4 years ago

Space Station, Firepower, Space Shuttle... maybe a Black Knight, Pinbot or Paragon if they are broken or thrashed.

#48 4 years ago
    Quoted from MikeVarney:

I got mine for $1,200 and it worked 100%. I ven had to only drive 75 minutes from my house to pick it up.

Nice! How long ago? Seems as though everything is made of gold lately... or at least the sellers think it is.

#49 4 years ago

Williams Comet.

#50 4 years ago

Where are these $1500 High Speeds? No where............

There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/if-you-had-1500?hl=parkshow30 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.