(Topic ID: 262477)

If you had $1500....

By dugmar

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_9828 (resized).JPG
    There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #52 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinkid:

Where are these $1500 High Speeds? No where............

I picked a player up last night for $1200 and sold one 2 weeks ago for $1500

#53 4 years ago

I just bought a High Speed for $1200. All it needed was about $700 in boards, lights, rubber, and plastics.... And I still think I got an ok deal on it.

$1500 is tough anymore, especially for a SS that is fully functional. Everything I have purchased under $2k has needed some work, tyically boards.

Edit, Apparently my deal wasn't that great as evidenced by the poster above me

#54 4 years ago

Blackout or Jokerz

#55 4 years ago
    Quoted from ViperJelly:

I just bought a High Speed for $1200. All it needed was about $700 in boards, lights, rubber, and plastics.... And I still think I got an ok deal on it....

Well....if you're happy with that "deal" that's all that matters

#56 4 years ago

Space Shuttle, Countdown and Joker Poker are all solid pins that can be had in the $1500 neighborhood.

#57 4 years ago

With a $1500 budget, you are going to have to take what comes along. It's not like people are selling great looking and working games if you are trying to buy at the low end of the range for the games you want. People always tell me they want to buy a game. I'm not usually much help because I buy at the bottom of the range and sell at the top. Once they get an idea of what they need to spend to get something they always want to buy alpha-numeric games at em prices.

And I go with High Speed for the best $1500 game. Taxi for the best $2k game.

#58 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinkid:

Like 5 changed hands in my area just last year for that or under. Most under.

#59 4 years ago

Back in 2011, I picked up a nice Fish Tales for $1,400. Guess those days are long gone

Since nearly 14,000 were built, still might find a deal. Great game...highly recommend.

#60 4 years ago

Big Hurt. Bought mine for $1100 and it would be the last pin to leave. Loaded pinball machine, fun shots, toys, ramps, modes. Bonus if you are a baseball fan.

#61 4 years ago

Moberg’s Pin Buying Rules

1. You don’t play with the cabinet. Only buy games with ugly cabs. Graffiti? Great - you just saved 10-20%. Fade? Saved another 5-10%.

2. No games with LEDs in them. By putting them in yourself - you’ll save oodles of Ka$h Monét.

3. No Gottlieb DMDs, unless you want it for the rest of your life. Frank Thomas, Shaq Attaq, Teed Off, etc.

4. System 80 has some tasty treats buried deep; Alien Star, Pink Panther, Haunted House. These can still be found at a bargain if you get lucky, and I believe they are good investments.

5. Most importantly - DO NOT give a FAHCK about theme.

In conclusion, if I had $1,500 today for the purchasing of a pinball machine, I would buy a Williams Millionaire, a B Tier EM and a pack of LEDs.

#62 4 years ago
    Quoted from snaroff:

Back in 2011, I picked up a nice Fish Tales for $1,400. Guess those days are long gone
    Since nearly 14,000 were built, still might find a deal. Great game...highly recommend.

I just picked up a project import Fish Tales for $2,400. It's in decent shape and mostly working, but needs a bunch of cleanup. I feel pretty happy with the price point.

#64 4 years ago

If I had $1500...Jen would, sit in the park for inspiration, adapt to my surroundings, contemplate life's circumstances over a cherry slurpie and a burrito...Then I would go buy a pin, Any pin, Just because they are all fun in there own way, and what someone else thinks will make me happy is just a load of bull.

#65 4 years ago

I've only bought 1 game over the $1500 threshold and that was Centaur. Most of the 40+ I bought/fixed/sold were less than 1K. Titles like Black Knight (really nice), Firepower, Stern Stars, several Xenon's, Flash Gordon, many Paragon's, Playboy's, SBM's, and more. Of course they needed fixed, but getting a cheap game and being able to drop another $500 in it will build a collection. Many I sell to friends.

#66 4 years ago

Future Spa! It often can be had for under $1,000 and it's a keeper in my collection. I love the inline drop targets on it.

#67 4 years ago

My first nib was Special Force, and I still think about for the cost maybe getting another one someday. Also Bally Play Boy or Evel Kenevel, I had those when I was younger also.

#68 4 years ago

Jungle Lord

#69 4 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

Sharkey’s Shootout

how do you start multiball with out it being awarded? I've owned the game for like 2 years and still haven't bothered to figure that out yet. Can't seem to ever get past lock 2.

#70 4 years ago
    Quoted from hocuslocus:

how do you start multiball with out it being awarded? I've owned the game for like 2 years and still haven't bothered to figure that out yet. Can't seem to ever get past lock 2.

The default difficulty settings have all 3 locks lit without anything special to qualify them.

However, you can increase the difficulty of the locks. If you have locks set to hard, you need to start a hurryup with the left orbit, complete the hurryup by hitting the single drop target and that lights locks.

#71 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinkid:

Quoted from RonSS:

Good luck finding a High Speed anywhere near $1,500.

100 miles from you
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-high-speed-54

#72 4 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

If you have locks set to hard, you need to start a hurryup with the left orbit, complete the hurryup by hitting the single drop target and that lights locks.

Ok, that makes total sense. When I first got the game I got to the wizard multiball mode within a handful of games. Pretty sure I changed the settings and some aspects on the field to make it harder.

#73 4 years ago
    #74 4 years ago
    Quoted from hocuslocus:

Ok, that makes total sense. When I first got the game I got to the wizard multiball mode within a handful of games. Pretty sure I changed the settings and some aspects on the field to make it harder.

Forgot to mention the mystery ramp shot as well. I have mine rigged to only be allowed ONCE per game. That helps to cut down on the random mystery ball multiball award. Overall, it makes the game a lot more difficult.

#75 4 years ago

F-14 Tomcat
    Pinbot
    Playboy (+100)
    Bank-a-Ball (with $$ leftover to look for more)

#76 4 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

Forgot to mention the mystery ramp shot as well. I have mine rigged to only be allowed ONCE per game. That helps to cut down on the random mystery ball multiball award. Overall, it makes the game a lot more difficult.

That's probably my biggest complaint about the game, especially in multiplayer mode. Seems like who ever is awarded that wins the game 90% of the time, because the jackpots & supers are worth so much.

#77 4 years ago
    Quoted from hocuslocus:

That's probably my biggest complaint about the game, especially in multiplayer mode. Seems like who ever is awarded that wins the game 90% of the time, because the jackpots & supers are worth so much.

Then simply disconnect all 4 inlane and outlane switches. All they do is endlessly relight the mystery award.

#78 4 years ago

New York is more than 100 miles from me and I wouldn't go there if it were free. There are none around here, like I said..........

#79 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinkid:

here was one chief https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-high-speed-54

#80 4 years ago

Personally I'd go for a High speed or F14 tomcat both are really fun games and fall within your budget

There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/if-you-had-1500/page/2?hl=frippertron and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.