(Topic ID: 57103)

If you could re-theme any existing machine...

By MattG

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Humungus-wasteland_warrior.jpg
    Humungus.png
    trollercoaster.jpg
    flesh-gordon.jpg
    RBTM.jpg
    HH_Superbowl.png
    HH_Layout_SpyvSpy_working.png
    RB.jpg
    cab_mock_up.jpg
    There are 84 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 10 years ago

There are plenty of posts about what our "dream machines" would be, but what if we took a different twist on it?

If you could re-purpose any existing machine into a completely different theme, what would you choose?

I got this idea in another thread, where I suggested re-theming Monster Bash as Rocky Horror.

I also think it would be fun to re-theme HS2 as the Mad Max Trilogy.

#2 10 years ago

I like where you are going with this, now do you dislike the original themes or just going on layout and gameplay?

Heres some of mine:

I like No Fear but I think the theme is terrible. You would need a theme that's fast and non stop to match the gameplay though. I would do Fear and Loathing in las Vegas, but keep all of the art from the original book as much as possible that ralph Steadman did. I would turn the skull into Hunter S. Thompson and use Call outs from the movie though.

Bram strokers Dracula is my least favorite theme in pinball but a fun game. I think that would work for The Big Lebowski. When the coffin pops open it can have the little toe in it. Bats could be Donny mode where you hear all of the great lines that Walter uses on Donny. The castle can be a a bowling alley. The video mode can be where Walter wails on that car. Mist Multiball can be "Spare" multiball where you need to hit a spare.

I have always wanted to retheme an old beat up EM to be all Bettie Page, just use photos and artwork of here and keep the chimes. Now that's classy. I really want to do this someday.

#3 10 years ago

I would love to re-theme a machine to Falling Down, not sure which one though.... cab_mock_up.jpgcab_mock_up.jpg

#4 10 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

I like where you are going with this, now do you dislike the original themes or just going on layout and gameplay?

I don't dislike the existing themes, I was just asking if anyone had fun ideas for alternative themes based on the same layout. MB and HS2 are some of my favorite all-time pins!

#5 10 years ago
    Quoted from herbertbsharp:

I would love to re-theme a machine to Falling Down, not sure which one though....

One with lots of drop targets?

#6 10 years ago

as I said before re theme sopranos as jaws...yacht can be changed to the orca, safe changed to the anti shark cage, talking fish changed to shark(complete with cheesy,jerky mouth movements), yellow barrel pop bumpers etc

#7 10 years ago

I already started this topic and did not get many replies as I would have thought.

#8 10 years ago

Metallica. I like the game play and toys, but as Sparky would say, 'tallica Sucks!

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

#9 10 years ago

While it's pretty close already, turning MM into Monty Python and the Holy Grail would be fun. I mean it's already got the catapult, peasants, knights etc. Just replace the dragon with the killer rabbit and you are on the way.

Heck, Francois Du'Grimm is pretty much a direct rip-off from the movie anyway!

#10 10 years ago

F-14 into a Team America.

Best part would be the, America F-Yeah song during multiball.

#11 10 years ago

TSPP into just about anything else.

#12 10 years ago

I would like lotr better if it were just an original generic theme. I love the game, but the theme and wacky names are still a turn off for me.

#13 10 years ago

R&B into Tom & Jerry

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from Mato:

R&B into Tom & Jerry

or Spy vs. Spy

#15 10 years ago

Ripleys into Seinfeld . OP you might get your wish, well sorta kinda. Home pin has mentioned elsewhere that he is considering/looking into rocky horror as pin number two.

Twilight zone into the west wing or a mish mash of anything sorkin. Of course this theme would be an unmitigated commercial disaster but I would be happier then aaron spelling.

#16 10 years ago

Godzilla into Pacific Rim.

#17 10 years ago

transformers into the american civil war.

#18 10 years ago

JM into The Matrix (already done!)
    WCS into NHL
    No Fear into Hot Wheels
    Judge Dredd into The Fifth Element

Later,
    EV

#19 10 years ago

Shrek into Anchorman
    TOTAN into I Dream of Genie
    TOM into Munsters

RB.jpgRB.jpg

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from EchoVictor:

LOVE that idea.

#21 10 years ago

Demolition Man -> ANYTHING
    -mof

#22 10 years ago

I would like to get a six million dollar man and change the sounds to have all the bionic ones like in the show, also put the cheesy back ground music in also. But of course I have no frickin idea how I would do it, still learning how to repair them.

#23 10 years ago

Who is this Home Pin and where can I get in line for Rocky Horror??

#24 10 years ago

WWFRR to classic ECW!

Also, Flintstones to Big Lebowski (the bowling pins are key; everything else can be done easily)

Mars Trek to Space 1999 wouldn't be a big stretch.

Radical to Ridiculousness?

High Speed/Getaway to the Transporter

Power Play to Stanley Cup (with Bobby Orr in a BRUINS uniform and the classic flying cup-winning shot on the backglass!)

GnR to Aerosmith (personal preference)

ACDC or Metallica to Zeppelin (better music!)

#25 10 years ago

How about turning MM into a King Arthur and the knights of the round table theme (Excalibur). Wizard mode, The Holy Grail. All sorts if possibilities!

#26 10 years ago

Pinside could be re-themed into Bitchside.

#27 10 years ago

F-14 into anything else.

#28 10 years ago

Baywatch into anything else. Great layout, great ruleset. Just needs a new theme on it.

#29 10 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Baywatch into anything else. Great layout, great ruleset. Just needs a new theme on it.

Baywatch to Sharktopus!!!

#30 10 years ago
    Quoted from StevenP:

Baywatch to Sharktopus!!!

Baywatch to Sharknado.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2724064/

#31 10 years ago

I'm liking the holy grail theme idea. "I fart in your general direction, your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries...."

#32 10 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

Who is this Home Pin and where can I get in line for Rocky Horror??

It makes me shiver, with anticip...................ation

#33 10 years ago

No, Sharktopus > Sharknado, and it takes place on beaches. No apologies to bandwagon Syfy-movie "fans." Sharknado isn't their first awesomely cheezy disaster/terror flick (far from it!), and not their best.

#34 10 years ago

or Spy vs. Spy

Current design for the retheme of my Hollywood Heat. I want to get a grey ramp made for the grey spy multiball. The design is nowhere near complete...lots of work left to do, but too many other low-hanging fruit projects

Here's the thread I started once I first looked to do a retheme

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/great-playing-totally-fugly-pins

HH_Layout_SpyvSpy_working.pngHH_Layout_SpyvSpy_working.png

#35 10 years ago

I'm further along with the super bowl theme design than spy vs spy (but like Spy vs Spy better). The hard part is finding a theme that matches the ruleset, targets, inserts of the donor. Other theme designs I have in the works are Rat Rods, Zombies, FarSide, Sin City, Top Guns, and Off Road. The design choices are largely because of the original Pin Ball inserts that are an integral part of the original HH ruleset

HH_Superbowl.pngHH_Superbowl.png

#36 10 years ago

Sopranos into Goodfellas.

LTG : )

#37 10 years ago
    Quoted from herbertbsharp:

I would love to re-theme a machine to Falling Down, not sure which one though....

Elvis, the HBH could be the Whammy Burger and the Jailhouse could be the foundation on the empty lot.
    Think about it.

#38 10 years ago

Flash Gordon to Ghostbusters.

#39 10 years ago
    Quoted from wizzardz:

Current design for the retheme of my Hollywood Heat. I want to get a grey ramp made for the grey spy multiball. The design is nowhere near complete...lots of work left to do, but too many other low-hanging fruit projects

Here's the thread I started once I first looked to do a retheme

I just played Hollywood Heat for the first time this weekend and was surprised how much I liked it. A retheme for that machine would take it to the next level.

#40 10 years ago

F-14 into F-22. I've worked on both aircraft, but would be neat to see an update.

#41 10 years ago

South Park to Archer!!

#42 10 years ago

Ironman into Superman! Don't get me wrong Ironman is perfect, but I also think the layout is perfect for Superman. Doomesday could come out of the playfield.

#43 10 years ago

Theater of Magic into GOB's "Illusions of Wonder" pinball.

Hello Michael!

#44 10 years ago

Shrek into Jaws. Mini playfield could become the Orca. Donkey becomes the shark.

LTG : )

#45 10 years ago

Demolition Man into Fifth Element

#46 10 years ago

I love Bride of Pinbot and the theme. But it sure would make a better Transformers pin than what is out there now. At least Bride transforms!! Oh yes he did

#47 10 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Shrek into Jaws. Mini playfield could become the Orca. Donkey becomes the shark.

Change that to Family Guy and you may be on to something.

#48 10 years ago
    Quoted from EchoVictor:

JM into The Matrix (already done!)
    WCS into NHL
    No Fear into Hot Wheels
    Later,
    EV

Couldn't agree more on the WCS into NHL. I have envisioned this many times and would be all over it, I hate soccer.

#49 10 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

I would like lotr better if it were just an original generic theme. I love the game, but the theme and wacky names are still a turn off for me.

How about turn it into the Princess Bride.

Golum = Pit of Despair

The Shire = Billy Crystal's I think he was Magic Max house

Loop shot sounds = "My name is Inigo Montoya you killed my father prepare to die"

The main ramp activates modes like "Besting Inigo" "Fighting Andre" "Inconcievable mental duel"

The firebeast = the five fingered man you must duel

And when you come back from being "mostly dead" flipper power is reduced or alternates - right one works, left one doesn't then 5 seconds later it switches.

Stop rhyming now I mean it - Anyone want a peanut? Classic.

#50 10 years ago

"Justified" needs a pin. The callouts would be just as much fun as the game.

-Steve

There are 84 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/if-you-could-re-theme-any-existing-machine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.