(Topic ID: 48649)

If You Could Pick The Next Stern Rock Band Pin, Who Would It Be & Why!

By ZippyThePinhead

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 251 posts
  • 134 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Jimmyd044
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“If The Following Were Your Choices To Chose From for Stern's Next Rock Band Pin, Which Would You Like To See Most?”

• Pink Floyd 75 votes
      31%
    • Led Zepplin 62 votes
      26%
    • Ozzy 27 votes
      11%
    • ZZ Top 14 votes
      6%
    • Megadeth 14 votes
      6%
    • Van Halen 26 votes
      11%
    • Aerosmith 22 votes
      9%

(240 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BA0B5D7F7999D480E01680F978ABBE69.jpg
    th-5.jpeg
    meatmen-war_of_the_superbikes.jpg
    portada.png
    120306097.jpg
    Offspring_6.jpg
    Offspring_5.jpg
    Offspring_4.jpg
    image.jpg
    Offspring_3.jpg
    Offspring_2.jpg
    Offspring.jpg
    There are 251 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
    #1 11 years ago

I would like to see a Pink Floyd pin. Think of all the songs and themes that could be used on it! Led Zepplin would also rock. Maybe even an Ozzy or ZZ Top.

#2 11 years ago

Ramones-

Not listed- Weird how your avatar is a Pinhead and you don't have it listed.

Gabba, Gabba, Hey

#3 11 years ago

Megadeth rules! Imagine all the Vic Rattlehead artwork that could be done on the playfield and all the killer songs. That would be my ultimate pin followed by Iron Maiden.

#4 11 years ago

Didn't we just do this?

#5 11 years ago

None of the above. Not that they are bad bands, but I wouldn't be interested in buying a pin featuring any of them.

First and foremost give me an NIN pin. If I can't have that, I'll consider Tool or Slipknot as alternates.

#6 11 years ago

Radiohead, Beatles, Girl Talk, NiN, Tool

#9 10 years ago

I also vote tool, could tool win by write in?

#10 10 years ago

Nine Inch Nails, Marilyn Manson or Rammstein for three bands which will probably never see the light of day as a Stern pinball machine, but all have catchy heavy music which would go well in a pinball machine.

#11 10 years ago

Iron Maiden is not on your list??

#12 10 years ago

I know it's not rock but techno what about daft punk

#13 10 years ago

Blues Brothers.

#14 10 years ago

RUSH.

#15 10 years ago

LED ZEPPLIN not even a ? man this should have been first on Stern's list

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from musketd:

LED ZEPPLIN not even a ? man this should have been first on Stern's list

Possible could sell out faster than Metallica did.

#17 10 years ago

Your poll choices suck.

#18 10 years ago

Led Zeppelin, VH, Queen, and the Beatles....all good bands to make into a pin

#19 10 years ago

SLADE

#20 10 years ago

Pink Floyd The Wall

#21 10 years ago
    Quoted from flashburn:

Your poll choices suck.

And yet...you posted NO suggestions of your own on the message board...which sucks even more!

#22 10 years ago

Did they do that Run Run Away song in the 80's with a fiddle?

#23 10 years ago

Don't ever do a Pink Floyd pin - ever.

I might have to break my pledge and buy an LE preorder

#24 10 years ago

Justin Beiber so they would sell around 5 of them and stop making band pins. How about an original idea for a change?

#25 10 years ago

We need a grateful dead pin, the artwork and music would be unbeatable

#26 10 years ago

Aerosmith or the hottest hand in the world KISS

#27 10 years ago

I would buy an LE Ozzy

#28 10 years ago

Totally new GN'R machine! Not kidding! Appetite LE!

#29 10 years ago
    Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

Justin Beiber so they would sell around 5 of them and stop making band pins. How about an original idea for a change?

What would you suggest...more movie theme pins? Movies are only popular for a short time, while many rock bands and their music become part of who we are starting at an early age well into our adult lives. To me, pinball and rock music are a perfect match!

#30 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballgeek:

I know it's not rock but techno what about daft punk

Already exists. It's called Tron:LE.

#31 10 years ago

Beatles

Beastie Boys

#32 10 years ago

I would have to say The Beach Boys...........

#34 10 years ago

I vote they stop making rock band pins of old bands that appeal only to old guys.

Start making video game themed pins - Call of Duty, Halo, Legend of Zelda, Final Fanatasy, Half Life, WOW, etc.

#35 10 years ago
    Quoted from RTR:

I vote they stop making rock band pins of old bands that appeal only to old guys.
    Start making video game themed pins - Call of Duty, Halo, Legend of Zelda, Final Fanatasy, Half Life, WOW, etc.

They make rock band pins that appeal to "old guys" because they are generally the ones that have the money to spend on new pins as opposed to the "young guys" who barely make their rent.

#36 10 years ago

I would like to see all of these pin's made, except Megadeth. I think Led Zepplin would be a really cool pin because their music rocks.

#37 10 years ago

Pink floyd with a likeness to TZ would kick serious arse! Imagine the modes and toys..

#38 10 years ago

Nine Inch Nails

#39 10 years ago

I would like to see either Pink Floyd or Zeppelin but I think the music of Zeppelin would work best in the game.

#40 10 years ago

I hope they never make a rap pin, but if they do, Notorious BIG has some potential. I envision Getting Paid drop targets, a Drive By Skill Shot, a Ho scoop, Puffy Multiball, etc.

Post edited by NorCalRealtor

#41 10 years ago
    Quoted from ZippyThePinhead:

What would you suggest...more movie theme pins? Movies are only popular for a short time, while many rock bands and their music become part of who we are starting at an early age well into our adult lives. To me, pinball and rock music are a perfect match!

I did make a suggestion... create an original idea pin (aka WH2O, TOTAN, MM, MB, TOM and most EM/SS pins) !! IMO, some of the best pins are non-licensed.

Pinball and rock music are a great fit, but enough already with everything (including from JJP) being licensed.

#42 10 years ago

Why isn't Rush on here....and isn't there more threads about this!

#43 10 years ago

It's probably smarter to do a "Rock Band", or "Guitar Hero" type of pin. That way you would be able to satisfy the needs of many fans.

Personally, I still think that Pinside needs to acknowledge the fact that there are good bands that are NOT forty years old.

Pete

#44 10 years ago
    Quoted from ZippyThePinhead:

I would like to see a Pink Floyd pin. Think of all the songs and themes that could be used on it! Led Zepplin would also rock. Maybe even an Ozzy or ZZ Top.

Again with these polls with lack of correct choices.

Been hearing Rush and/or Black Sabbath are the possible next ups. Rightly so.

#45 10 years ago

You left out IRON MAIDEN, put them in the poll and I will answer the question.

#46 10 years ago

LIMP BIZKIT!

....did I just blow your minds?

#47 10 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Already exists. It's called Tron:LE.

I bet we all know that what about a daft punk pin ingeneral without tron music

#48 10 years ago

iron maiden won this poll by a landslide recently . now they were not even listed !

#49 10 years ago

Just thought of another band with lots of great songs and would be perfect for a Dirty Donny translite...Motley Crue!

#50 10 years ago

Anything but Aerosmith...please god! that band sucks so bad.

There are 251 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/if-you-could-pick-the-next-stern-rock-band-pin-who-would-it-be-why and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.