(Topic ID: 148341)

If you could only have one, what would it be and why?

By jgentry

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 72 posts
  • 67 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by 27dnast
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

burn_got_(resized).jpg
THERE_CAN_BE_ONLY_ONE_-_HIGHLANDER_(resized).jpg
homer_7_(resized).jpg
nacho-i-love-it-1_(resized).jpg
There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 8 years ago

Pie; apple; cause I like pie.

#52 8 years ago

AC/DC Premium would probably be the last to go but when HEP finishes my silver Centaur I could easily see that one becoming the last one out.

#53 8 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I couldn't see going with LOTR or TSPP as an only game. Both are great but you would never be able to play multiplayer on them and you'd have to set aside at least 30 minutes every time you play a game. Maybe if you were allowed to keep 2-3 pins.
I'd have to go with something with medium range depth. Probably STTNG or TZ? ACDC would also foot the bill. Out of those 3 I'd probably go with STTNG. The game has great flow, is always challenging, and is just a complete package. It's the longest lasting pin in my collection for good reason!

As a LOTR owner I disagree IF the majority of people playing aren't great at pinball. But yeah, when Steve from Modern Pinball jumps on my LOTR he played it once for over an hour straight at a party. Sort of ruined the fun.

#54 8 years ago
#55 8 years ago

Right now I would say TWDLE. Unique and challenging layout, I like the art, great dots and light show, fast and brutal gameplay, and the code is awesome.

#56 8 years ago

MM or MMr

Because it's the best pin for me. Play it the most, makes me smile every time

#57 8 years ago

AC/DC Premium. Every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

#58 8 years ago

MM or Whitewater.. have both for 15 years now.

#59 8 years ago

I hate myself for saying this... Game of Thrones. All my other games are getting lonely. Stupid honeymoon period, I sound like a noob.

#60 8 years ago

TSPP is the perfect pinball and would be my pick. It has been my #1 for the past ten years and I don't see that changing.

#61 8 years ago

I think nostalgia is kicking in here a bit but I love Flash Gordon. That might be the pin I would select.
I play it as much as the others in my collection. TSPP, STTNG, AFV etc.
FG is fast, tough, and has several ways it can be played to attempt high scores. Does not hurt that I am a drop target fan either.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#62 8 years ago

....and FG has a good number of drop targets

#63 8 years ago

TAF for me I would say, although I like all of them. I played a TAF on location daily in 1993 and did not ever get tired of it.

#64 8 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

I would keep The Shadow. Most complete, fun and challenging game I've ever owned. I've played a lot of good games, but none i'd rather own.

I bought this in part ownership with my dad and brother as our first pin just recently. I feel it may have been a mistake... as I don't think I would get over not having ramp diverters on any other pin! It just works.... dialling in smooth super vengeance after super vengeance just feels..... blissful! Right now, and I'm a bit sentimental, I don't think we will ever sell it.
I'm glad to see it features in a few peoples top slot, I really am!

1 week later
#65 8 years ago

TSPP all the way. Easy choice. Deep rule set, addictive play, blockbuster theme, excellent challenge.

Homer Simpson Thumbs UpHomer Simpson Thumbs Up

#66 8 years ago

Think i would like a new one. Still need to pick from the hobbit, ghostbusters or the big L. Maybe jjp 3.

#67 8 years ago

THERE_CAN_BE_ONLY_ONE_-_HIGHLANDER_(resized).jpgTHERE_CAN_BE_ONLY_ONE_-_HIGHLANDER_(resized).jpg

#68 8 years ago

"If you could only have one, what would it be and why?"

My first pin... ST:TNG... Before I realized all of this is insane.

#69 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I hate myself for saying this... Game of Thrones. All my other games are getting lonely. Stupid honeymoon period, I sound like a noob.

You infatuated little pinball bitch! Love at first touch! You are like a school boy who copped his first feel of little Suzie from down the street and fell in love instantly. Snap out of it Dave, have some dignity! You have been playing pinball for decades! What happened to your love of all things Tron?????....or what about your obsession with "precious" or the Man made from Iron???? There is nothing worse than new pinball pussy!.......It warps the mind!

#70 8 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

You infatuated little pinball bitch! Love at first touch! You are like a school boy who copped his first feel of little Suzie from down the street and fell in love instantly. Snap out of it Dave, have some dignity! You have been playing pinball for decades! What happened to your love of all things Tron?????....or what about your obsession with "precious" or the Man made from Iron???? There is nothing worse than new pinball pussy!.......It warps the mind!

When I hear "GOT" all I think of is:

burn_got_(resized).jpgburn_got_(resized).jpg

#71 8 years ago

MM

But since two is minimum for maximum enjoyment
MM
and Spider-Man

#72 8 years ago

Wow. This is a tough question.

Out the games I currently own, ACDC Prem, WOZ, TAF, and JM would probably be in my finalist pile. And I think I'd go with WOZ.

Now...if this were a sell-off to get the most cash... I'd keep Frank Thomas in a heartbeat.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 14.95
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.50
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/if-you-could-only-have-one-what-would-it-be-and-why/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.