(Topic ID: 77446)

If you could only have one pinball machine which would it be?

By LitzDoc

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2013-1 qtr 034.JPG
There are 97 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 10 years ago

Probably WOZ, but IJ would be a close second. I am expecting The Hobbit will be my all-time favorite, but we'll see.

#52 10 years ago

Star Trek LE, best pinball machine to date.

#53 10 years ago

AC/DC Premium or LE. Most immersive and thrilling. Many ways to play it. Fast and rewarding for risk. Multiball with a big, hard earned song jackpot with the volume turned up is phenomenal. And it can kick ones bottom when it's in a bad mood.

#54 10 years ago

#55 10 years ago

Patiently waiting but I think TH by JJP is going to be THE ONE!

#56 10 years ago

AFM I just can't get enough of this game. It's fast, funny, and never gets old. Plus it's a challenge for me.

#57 10 years ago

Sophie's freakin choice! I refuse! They're all my children, it's bad enough the wife makes me sell one when I pick up a new one.

#58 10 years ago

WOZ all day long. very innovative and lots of room for continued growth and potential in pinball gaming

#59 10 years ago

My Virtual Pin...Of Course!

Otherwise, Xmen, always a different game with the magnets!

#61 10 years ago

I would take a virtual pin, so I can have 100's of games downloaded on it. 1 game will get old, regardless of what it is. Virtual pin solves that when your out of space. Love mine.

#62 10 years ago

LOTR, but I have thought of selling it.

#63 10 years ago

I can't think of ever selling my AC/DC

#64 10 years ago

AC/DC BIBLE. All the rest are just games.

#65 10 years ago
Quoted from Breadfan:

AC/DC BIBLE. All the rest are just games.

I have not added the responses up but I think AC/DC is in the lead. I guess many love the speed and adrenaline rush of the game.

I think I may have to add one to my collection at some point in time. This might be difficult with all the new pins coming out. I thought I would be happy with 2 pins 6 months ago. Now I have 3 pins with a 4th on order (MMR). This is an addictive hobby. I would never have predicted that a year ago when I first got into it.

#66 10 years ago

Of my existing pins, it would be Bally's 4 Queens hands down.

Of a new pin, AC-DC Luci. Absolutely love the artwork. It makes a great playing game awesome.

#67 10 years ago

My response has always been the same to this question, STTNG.

#68 10 years ago

ACDC Premium.
Best machine ever!

#69 10 years ago

Hey,

I'd say it's a tough call. If it was just one for me, it wouldn't be a hobby. Having half a dozen machines is a lot like having a garage full of "toy" cars. You can keep some that are awesome or rare or really fast that have sentimental value or what have you. Cutting it down to one, you almost have to become pragmatic about it. If I had a '69 Charger and the 325xi I used to own side by side, and someone said, "Choose one," I'd probably go with the BMW. The Charger is the far cooler car, but cool in a once-in-a-while way, whereas the BMW is a nice but drivable on a daily basis car. So, I'd choose that.

Likewise, in pinball, I'd probably go with PinBot. I think there are FAR better games out there, but it hits the mark between fast and deep just right. You can play a quick game on it, or you can play a long game on it. You can only play long games on LotR or TSPP; playing Black Knight for an hour kinda defeats the purpose; PinBot hits the middle of the road really nicely.

Luke

#70 10 years ago

Luke
Nice analogy and analysis. I have never played Pinbot. I should give it a try sometime. They have it at my local arcade. I never have put a quarter into it. Thanks.

#71 10 years ago

IJ! Satisfying shots abound, and the callouts, video modes and multiballs never grow old.

#72 10 years ago

POTC The zizzle version!!!

#73 10 years ago

I have owned 150+ games thru out the 20 years of collecting (current own 30). I've thought about this question many times. It would be a toss up between TAF or TZ, with a slight edge towards TZ.

#74 10 years ago

something about afm , just keep coming back to it. Last new pin was xmen le from summer of 2012 , and it probably gets about as much play as my afm.

#75 10 years ago

Never getting rid of my Whirlwind. Not only do I love playing it, but I love seeing people react to the fan for the first time.

"Where did that breeze come from?"

#76 10 years ago

If I had to whittle my collection down to just one, it would be Addams Family. It's got it all. Challenging without being punishing. Great light show and callouts. It's never leaving my collection.

#77 10 years ago

I haven't played very many pins, so my pick is probably a little biased. I currently have LOTR and ACDC Premium. I couldn't live without my LOTR!!

#79 10 years ago
Quoted from LitzDoc:

I have not added the responses up but I think AC/DC is in the lead. I guess many love the speed and adrenaline rush of the game.
I think I may have to add one to my collection at some point in time. This might be difficult with all the new pins coming out. I thought I would be happy with 2 pins 6 months ago. Now I have 3 pins with a 4th on order (MMR). This is an addictive hobby. I would never have predicted that a year ago when I first got into it.

This is only the beginning. The name pinhead was likely coined before the name crackhead.

I smoke pins!

#80 10 years ago

Addams family. Pls

#81 10 years ago

Ac/dc , had it a year, only have got to 4 songs done, kicks my ass every time I play it

#83 10 years ago

I only have room for one pin in my apartment, so i went with the deepest game i could find, i ended up buying TSPP. I love it, there's so much stuff to do.

#84 10 years ago

The Creature From The Black Lagoon.

#85 10 years ago

Addams Family

#86 10 years ago

I used to see threads like this and SM would have a big presence. Now just one mention for it and ACDC tops the poll. Shows that its difficult to really evaluate a new pin for long term enjoyment. Interesting to see how the current crop holds up. I haven't played ACDC, ST or Metallica. Love my Spiderman though. Had it for 2 months and still play it daily.

#87 10 years ago
Quoted from lukerp:

Cutting it down to one, you almost have to become pragmatic about it. If I had a '69 Charger and the 325xi I used to own side by side, and someone said, "Choose one," I'd probably go with the BMW. The Charger is the far cooler car, but cool in a once-in-a-while way, whereas the BMW is a nice but drivable on a daily basis car. So, I'd choose that.

My father owned a '70 Charger R/T orange/black. I grew up riding in it, learned to drive in it and got to drive it on my own occasionally (it was his baby, afterall.) I can honestly say I would not choose the BMW.

Bill

#88 10 years ago

Another vote for TAF. Great all round game.

It's the game you'd show to an alien from outer space to define what a pinball machine is.

#89 10 years ago

At this point in time.....Tron.

#90 10 years ago

Paragon

#91 10 years ago

For me, DE Star Wars
Sold it once, bought it again, sold it again and probably will buy it again in a year or so.

Vern:
If I could only have one food for the rest of my life? That's easy-Pez. Cherry-flavored Pez. No question about it.
----- Stand By Me

#92 10 years ago

I just might keep the space shuttle, so fun and its got that sweet bell that just makes me happy.

#93 10 years ago

JM or MB

#94 10 years ago

I'd probably keep my Indiana Jones...however its a close call with Tron LE and Jackbot

#95 10 years ago

Tough question, but if I could only have 1 it would be TRON.

#96 10 years ago

I am going to argue the point that you can't choose virtual pinball because it is a video game.

#97 10 years ago

WOZ.. even before the code is complete, it's 5x deeper than 99.999% of other games, and the light show is amazing.

Unlike LOTR, you can be in the middle of an exciting game of WOZ in under 2 minutes.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, MA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 97 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/if-you-could-only-have-one-pinball-machine-which-would-it-be/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.