(Topic ID: 77446)

If you could only have one pinball machine which would it be?

By CPBMD

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 97 posts
  • 89 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by PinballHelp
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2013-1 qtr 034.JPG

There are 97 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

I have been thinking if space only allowed one machine which would I pick? I currently have 3 pins and really like the way they complement each other. If I could only pick one pin I would pick one with deep rules. 3 deep pins that come to mind are LoTR, TSPP and TZ. Of those 3 I would pick TZ. I am just curious how others would approach this hypothetical situation? Maybe some are actually in this situation and can only have one pin. Which did you pick?
Thanks for the comments
CB

#2 5 years ago

Of your 3, I would pick LOTR. The pin I would pick if I could only have 1 is AC/DC...there are so many ways to play the game...and getting to Encore is no easy task.

#3 5 years ago

Even though the rule set isn't complex, I'd have to go with my childhood favorite, Pinbot.

#4 5 years ago

Tz,or taf

#5 5 years ago

GOLDENEYE, Love all the modes, getting to shoot the guards with the gun. the satellite. I am never letting this one go!!!

#6 5 years ago

I have not played all games but of the pins I own would be Tron because its always fun and I am bad enough player that it does not seem too easy to get to SOS or Portal.

#7 5 years ago

This has been asked many times before, but I would pick STTNG. As close to a perfect package of pinball that has ever been made IMHO. I like challenging games with deep rulesets.

#8 5 years ago

Iron Man, although I can't imagine letting JP or VND go.

#12 5 years ago

AC/DC right now

#15 5 years ago

I bounce around on this, but if you are talking only DMDS,
my first pin GnR would probably be the last one to go.

EM- wise it would have to be Big Daddy

#16 5 years ago

I only got two and does are WOZ and soon STLE. I think i really will enjoy STLE. WOZ is also very fun!

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

GOLDENEYE, Love all the modes, getting to shoot the guards with the gun. the satellite. I am never letting this one go!!!

I agree. The only way my Goldeneye is leaving is if I get of of pins completely.

#19 5 years ago

Probably go with AC/DC - fun for everyone that plays and yet hard to beat

#20 5 years ago

Of your 3 I'd go with LOTR - I just find it more fun to play than TSPP or TZ. I'm not a great player so I'll never complete LOTR but it's still fun. My favorite all time is probably MM. And that's my dilemma. I have only room for 2 pins. Currently have WW and POTC. Have MMLE on order, but considering switching MMLE order to The Hobbit LE. I'm so confused.

#22 5 years ago

WOZ so much to do on it

#23 5 years ago

WOZ ECLE by a mile. The game just draws me in like no other.

#25 5 years ago

Dr Who

#26 5 years ago

Diner or Centaur.

Centaur has more action than any pinball I've ever played, but Diner has the two most satisfying ramp shots in pinball.

Can I have both, and alternate each month?

-mof

#27 5 years ago

LOTR if I wanted a daily challenge
AFM if I wanted daily fun

#28 5 years ago

You didn't say it had to be a machine that was actually made, so.... I'm definitely going to have to go with a pin themed around the band Skinny Puppy.

#29 5 years ago

I would have agreed with Deep Rules and said LoTR... Until I got my STLE. That's the one I'd keep. I found out that the excitement of chaining combos is important to me. Luckily, I don't have to choose. STLE, TZ, LOTR, STTNG, and WOZ make up my Pin room. Plenty of variety, and something for everyone. 2 things for Trekkers!

#30 5 years ago

Even with the unfinished code, I'd hold onto my Metallica. I quite simply love that game.

#31 5 years ago

I wouldn't say it's my all time favorite, but if I could have only one it would be TSPP

#32 5 years ago

Whitewater

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from Defiler:

You didn't say it had to be a machine that was actually made, so.... I'm definitely going to have to go with a pin themed around the band Skinny Puppy.

Don't know Skinny Puppy, I got a chewin' / poopin' puppy, but maybe THLE will be the 'one'

#34 5 years ago

Call me crazy but it would be Monster Bash and I don't even own one. If I could only have one, it would be primarily for friends and family. I would want the game to be fun, have a theme and rules that everyone could understand, and I would want it to have cool toys. Second choice would be a tie between AC/DC and MM.

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Call me crazy but it would be Monster Bash and I don't even own one. If I could only have one, it would be primarily for friends and family. I would want the game to be fun, have a theme and rules that everyone could understand, and I would want it to have cool toys. Second choice would be a tie between AC/DC and MM.

Excellent points - I had a MB - wife and kid still miss it big time

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

Even though the rule set isn't complex, I'd have to go with my childhood favorite, Pinbot.

100% on this. PinBot can be difficult to play, challenging to roll the score. It is also fairly easy to sell when you decide to move onto a different machine.

#37 5 years ago

Acdc premium without a second hesitation

#38 5 years ago

Tried going the one pin only route with TAF and it didn't work. I now have about 15, but if I had to reduce I couldn't live without my TAF and Quicksilver.

Quoted from Defiler:

"They took out my stomach......my kidneys...."

#39 5 years ago

Scared stiff!

#40 5 years ago

I can't think of owning just 1 anymore........for me, it might be an "all or none" scenario, as I would be going through serious withdrawals regardless.........yes, I have an addiction...believe it's been brought up by others before, as well.....

#41 5 years ago

Another vote for Scared Stiff...

#42 5 years ago

ACDC Premium! Every day of the week and twice on Sunday! Hands down! No other pin gets my blood flowing and pumping quite like it! There's nothing that compares to it! Period!

#43 5 years ago

2013-1 qtr 034.JPG
#44 5 years ago

Probably either STTNG or AC/DC Prem.

#45 5 years ago

Looks like AC/DC is getting a lot of votes. Is it a deep game compared to LOTR or TZ?. I have only played it a few times. I don't know the rules like I do with TZ.

#46 5 years ago

For me it would have to be TZ. What a modern marvel. I just love that pin.

#47 5 years ago

I have and love some of the other votes on this thread, but I might have to say... The Shadow.

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from LitzDoc:

Looks like AC/DC is getting a lot of votes. Is it a deep game compared to LOTR or TZ?. I have only played it a few times. I don't know the rules like I do with TZ.

Not as deep no.

Personally I don't like the really deep games.

TZ - No
TSPP - No
LOTR - Yes...but got tired of it....pinball games that last over an hour and a half is not my idea of fun.

On the other hand I like fast flowing games.

HS2
JM
AC/DC

STTNG isn't super fast but it does flow nice and has amazing theme integration.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Woodstock, GA
There are 97 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside