(Topic ID: 25200)

If you could only have one pin in your collection, which would it be and why?

By Hawkeyepin

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 92 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 11 years ago

I'll wager "depth" rather than "expensive pin" is the most important here but we'll see...

#2 11 years ago

The one I have.

#3 11 years ago

Spiderman. Flow, ruleset, speed, it has it all

#4 11 years ago

whitewater

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

The one I have.

Ditto.

But I do love JP and think it is a great 1-pin-collection machine. Easy enough for visitors, deep enough to keep me playing. I really prefer it over the TAF at my parents house.

#6 11 years ago

AC/DC - Easy answer. Maybe not the depth of other games but be honest if I only had one pin I'd rather it be a fun "scoring" type game as eventually I get bored with the depth factor in a game that I likely would beat eventually anyway with it being my only pin.

#7 11 years ago

I'm thinking Twilight Zone.

#8 11 years ago

AC/DC Because it is the best game ever.

#9 11 years ago

MM

Love the humor, it's fun, rewarding, hard, good looking.

#10 11 years ago

The one I have

#11 11 years ago

AC/DC! No question about it. I had a LotR but the game time was so long I stoped playing it. I have a SM and it's a great machine but AC/DC is the one I have the most fun with. And it's not ' cause I am in the honeymoon phase with AC/DC, I have this pin now long enough to judge it. It's the best I had and still have and also it's the best I have ever played.

But I want to see SR's next pin. I have the feeling they just started.

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from DrainO:

The one I have

May I remind you that I'm a lawyer and I can sue you for plagiarism.

#13 11 years ago

6 months ago, I would have said IM or TSPP. Today it's AC/DC.

#14 11 years ago

AFM. It the only pin that I have been able to play for over 8 straight hours and never bore from it.

On a side note, I wish that AC/DC was a theme I was interested in, it sounds like a great pin. Maybe my neighbor will buy one?

#16 11 years ago

LOTR - Theme, deep rules , great shots and flow and just the right amount of toys

#17 11 years ago

STTNG - deep, good flow and very rewarding on a good game. You can have a killer game one second and then this pin kicks your @ss!

#18 11 years ago

Whitewater.

#19 11 years ago

AC DC LE. Because everyone always likes it best. Everytime.

#20 11 years ago

Just about any mid-80s Williams machine. I shudder at the thought of how many rolls of quarters I dumped into them over the years.

#21 11 years ago

Tough one. I would say STTNG or MM. I know both have staying power and a perfect mix of toys and modes, ect. Since I have owned STTNG for about 2 years now and can't see parting with it anytime soon, I have to go with a known winner in my case. Very close for me though.

EDIT - I don't own a MM (read the topic incorrectly) and out of pure chance picked one I happen to own anyway.

#22 11 years ago

TAF.

Simple. I've got the most memories with it.

#23 11 years ago
    Quoted from coasterguy:

AC DC LE. Because everyone always likes it best. Everytime.

Spiderman used to be that game in my house for guests, AC/DC has overtaken it though...at my house this weekend I had a couple friends tell me "I don't know what it is, but I really like this game".

#24 11 years ago

Monster Bash. I'm a huge horror fan, so the theme is perfect. The gameplay is a blast, the artwork is terrific, the music kicks ass, and it has plenty of humor.

#25 11 years ago

AFM - Grail pin

Depth - for the pros
    Approachability - for the nubs
    Shots
    Humor
    Art
    Callouts/Music
    Martians!!

Seems to be the most complete package for me

#26 11 years ago

AFM.

Why did I sell it??!!

#27 11 years ago

MM. Looks, playability and popularity make this this an easy choice for me. AFM a close second.

#28 11 years ago

AFM...to date my favorite but MM is right there

#29 11 years ago

I can't believe no one has said my answer yet. I'd have a virtual pin. Never played one, but it would be that, then I could have multiple pins in one.

#30 11 years ago

If I had a MM, I'd probably say that. But out of my current collection and past owns, LOTR is one game that I always enjoy playing. The time it takes to finish a game usually holds me back from frequent plays on it, but if I could only keep one, LOTR would be it.

#31 11 years ago

Of the games I've had/owned....TSPP

Of the games I've not had.....MB

#32 11 years ago

WhiteWater ftw

#33 11 years ago
    Quoted from ThePostmaster:

I can't believe no one has said my answer yet. I'd have a virtual pin. Never played one, but it would be that, then I could have multiple pins in one.

Nothing against Virtual pins intended. I like them, they have their place. They fit nicely in a medium size collection are can be very well done. I plan on building one at some point as well.

As to it being the ONLY "pin" in a collection wouldnt work for most. I would rather have just about any pin post 85' then just have one virtual pin. Virtual pins are just video games in a pinball cabinet... and thats what it feels like... Not pinball.

Just my opinion, and no offence intended. :p

#34 11 years ago
    Quoted from The_Gorilla:

On a side note, I wish that AC/DC was a theme I was interested in, it sounds like a great pin. Maybe my neighbor will buy one?

I would love to play one as well. Very interested, but don't want to buy before playing...

#35 11 years ago

MM - because it's the best pin I've ever played.

#37 11 years ago

TSPP without a doubt. There's so much to do in that game I'm nowhere near getting tired of playing it and discovering things.

#38 11 years ago

For me, WPT hands-down. Incredible flow and depth, great shots, incredible integration of rules/strategy/shots, lots of satisfying drop targets, killer shredding soundtrack. This is the #1 strategy king of any pin, IMO--the decisions to be made with each shot are incredible.

Plus you can play WPT several ways. For example, a friend and I recently played a game where we ONLY tried to make drop-target hands, which the game tracks--made it a simple, fun alternative game (because the drop hands are separate from all other features/shots/modes, except for one multiball that doesn't disable the drop hands). You can also put it on Extra Easy and it becomes an incredible multiball stacking frenzy.

#39 11 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

W H I T E W A T E R ! ! !

I agree!!

#40 11 years ago

SM for me, I love the shots enjoy the flow and think it has the perfect ruleset to go along with the design.

#41 11 years ago

Not an easy choice, but currently...

MM for the following reasons:

Fast

Fun

ColorDMD is AWESOME!

Non-pinheads love it and a big part of pinball for me is seeing others smile when they play.

Lastability > I will likely never 'beat' it and often I find that just 1 more turns into 5 more and me either cussing of cheering out loud.

It is damn funny.

It is non-liscensed so it is timeless.

#42 11 years ago

sm - best package rolled up in one - artwork, toys, music, callouts, build quality, feel, speed, flow, light show, rules, story line. how this games is not #1 on ipdb is beyond me.

#43 11 years ago

Suprised by all the White water love! It is a great game and would make my "only 3 games list" but I will have to go with TZ

#44 11 years ago

LW3 has lasted a year in my collection. Choose your song and shoot while you're playing multi ball. sound familiar? First pin.

Seriously, AFM or ACDC. One more game kings. Great sound, speed. Flow better on acdc. Both brutal and fun.

Cant own just one.

#45 11 years ago

TAF

Are there really other pins out there that people play?

#46 11 years ago
    Quoted from asnatlas:

I would love to play one as well. Very interested, but don't want to buy before playing...

There's one at In Play in Des Moines. Conveniently connected to buzzard billy's awesome game. The Rolling Stones is right next to it...

"One of these things is not like the other one..."

#47 11 years ago

W H I T E W A T E R!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#48 11 years ago

a few months ago it would have been superman, now i just keep playing ac/dc - i play it everyday - all the others are being ignored right now

#49 11 years ago

white water? serious?

#50 11 years ago

Whitewater is indeed a killer game!!

There are 92 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/if-you-could-only-have-one-pin-in-your-collection-which-would-it-be-and-why and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.