• Latest reply 9 years ago by BestShot31
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-459.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider griffin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I've been collecting arcade games for a while, I've always had about 19 games and 1 pin (TAF). But I've decided I'd like to balance out my line up and change the ratio to about 6 pins, 12 vids.

My space is a converted garage where I have some seating and a small bar area in the middle of the floor with my games on the outer edges. It's used for family hangout, movies, football, parties and general drinking and fun.

I now currently own STTNG and TAF and enjoy them very much, I'd like to add 3-4 more pins that give good diversity and offer great entertainment to none-pinheads just as much as they do for me. Nothing too racey as they are in a place where kids will come and play (but they don't have to be Mary Poppins sugar sweet either).

So the question is, if you could pick 4 more pins to go alongside TAF and STTNG that would offer variety, entertainment and a nice mix of play styles what would they be?

#10 9 years ago

Interesting suggestions so far. I didn't want to put any financial constraints on the suggestions, rather just hear what people have to say. Unfortunately my budget doesn't run to AFM, MB and MM standards but that's ok.

I'm surprised to see so many people recommend Iron Man as it seems to be a brutal game, certainly not much fun for the casual player.

WW does indeed look great but I am worried that already having TAF would mean I have two games with virtually identical playfields.

I was surprised not to see RFM, TSPP or Whitewater in anyone's recommendations, I was wondering why that would be.

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from pinskull:

striker extreme-
Corvette-
shack attack-
Monopoly-
Harley Davidson-

Stop that lol

#64 9 years ago

Thanks for all the awesome replies.

It seems the most common recurring choices are Iron man, Scared Stiff,Monster Bash and Lord of the Rings.

Monster Bash, Scared Stiff and Attack/Revenge from Mars certainly fit into my style preferences because I love the campy, over-the-top call-outs and voices, it's certainly one of the reasons I love TAF and STTNG, very entertaining and 'theatrical'. This was the same reason I loved my Judge Dredd when I had it.

My concern with some of the newer themes is that they lack character. Unless you are a big fan of the theme then I'm concerned they are just a bunch of sound samples from a movie, but maybe that's just me. I liked the concept of ACDC and I enjoy the music as much as any regular Joe but I'm not an ACDC nut so again it doesn't make me excited as a theme.

Decisions decisions.

1 week later
#88 9 years ago

All this feed back has been really helpful, not because of the titles so much, but more the thought behind the line up as a whole.

I've added 2 pins (well reclaimed an old one I had sold & got 1 new addition)

1. Addams Family - All time favorite - Challenging but fun for everyone to enjoy
2. Star Trek: The Next Generation - Challenging and awesome theme integration
3. Judge Dredd - This pin is WAY underrated, great flow & one of the best multi-balls ever with DW mod
4. The Simpsons Pinball Party - Deep, fun and family friendly (Instead of LotR)
5. ?
6. ?

Soon I should have about $4k or so for my next pin, not sure where to go next. I think I need a really fast flowing game next, I hear a lot of people say sm is really great for flow but I'm not sure if I like the theme enough to pay that much for it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 1,159.00
$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 26.99
Playfield - Other
Lee's Parts

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hanford, CA
$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider griffin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/if-you-could-only-have-5-6-pins?tu=griffin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.