image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_20160708_222427_(resized).jpg
proto_(resized).jpg
freedom_(resized).jpg
melody2_(resized).jpg
Melody_(resized).jpg
untitled_(resized).png
images_(resized).jpg

There are 248 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
#52 8 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

I then spent 2 years checking in with the seller to see if he would sell his.

He said no!

#53 8 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

but I played Volley last week... And now I really want one!

That's a keeper as well.

#54 8 years ago

C37 or Hit The deck

#55 8 years ago

Night Rider

#56 8 years ago

It is possible to own just 1 EM game, I've done it, for like 27 years. Space, economic, and the significant other, are a few real reasons to only keeping 1 pin. Be it an EM or SS.

#57 8 years ago

I'm down to only one EM now, Abra Ca Dabra and there isn't another that I would trade for it, so I guess that's my answer!

#58 8 years ago

gottlieb fire queen - though you couldn't give me a vulcan

#59 8 years ago

I love my Atlantis, but I would probably say either Fastdraw or Fireball. Fireball is pretty awesome IMHO.

#60 8 years ago

That's most likely because most Canadian threads I have ever seen are al like "Any pins for sale in Canada" and realistically everyone is fighting over the same machine, Lucky to get one..... And 27 years later you still got it.

#61 8 years ago

Big Ben

#62 8 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

It is possible to own just 1 EM game, I've done it, for like 27 years. Space, economic, and the significant other, are a few real reasons to only keeping 1 pin. Be it an EM or SS.

Your profile shows you own 7, multiple EMs. I'm confused.

#63 8 years ago

Melody.

#64 8 years ago

I played one of those once. Pretty neat for a one flipper game.

#65 8 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

Probably 27 years previously.

#66 8 years ago

Really tough to say. Perhaps either Cow Poke or Hawaiian Beauty.

#67 8 years ago

Joker Poker

#68 8 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

AlexF has it right. Previously 27 years. Had the Solar City since 1982 (I like Drop Targets). Didn't get another pin until 2009.

#69 8 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

AlexF has it right. Previously 27 years. Had the Solar City since 1982 (I like Drop Targets). Didn't get another pin until 2009.

And you still have it. That is pretty cool.

#70 8 years ago

4MBC, but if I didn't have that then Gold Strike / Target Alpha / El Dorado

#71 8 years ago

Dragoon for me as well.
But I do like me some Gemini.

#73 8 years ago

I'm with jr : Pleasure Isle

1b. Diamond Jack
1c. Cowpoke

#74 8 years ago

Of my four, I'd have to go with Mars Trek. It's fun, fast, and frustrating at the same time.

#75 8 years ago

Super Spin

#76 8 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

You, sir, deserve a medal!

#77 8 years ago
Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

I'm with jr : Pleasure Isle
1b. Diamond Jack
1c. Cowpoke

The tough part of the question is that EMs spanned many years. Completely different from one era to another and each one has it's own unique characteristics.
But if I had to pick one machine....then I'd agree with JR and Delta that Pleasure Isle has many of the great classic features that keeps bringing you back for another game. It's one of my favorites and a keeper. I'd choose this one for the 60's EM metal rails
El Dorado for the 70's
World Champ for the 50's woodrails
Barnacle Bill for the 40's
Major League for the 30's

My $0.02

#78 8 years ago

I like all of the love for Surfer/Surf Champ and Royal Flush/Card whiz is in here. I've owned them both and they're great choices.
But if I just had one, it'd be the EM rare version of Joker Poker as first pick, then Atlantis or C37.

#79 8 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

You, sir, deserve a medal!

Aahh shucks. Thanks.

#80 8 years ago

It may not have the deepest or most interesting rules but Quick Draw rings my bell.

#81 8 years ago

Another vote for World Champ!
I like the size, the looks and how it plays.
Had a 4M BC and even though it was fun to play, didn't like the looks. Ugly plastics and the cab...but it was a cool game!

#82 8 years ago

Fireball- beautiful and classic art package, challenging skill shot, multi ball...this game is the GOAT of EMs

#83 8 years ago
Quoted from jodini:

4M BC and even though it was fun to play, didn't like the looks. Ugly plastics and the cab

The plastics are unbelievable, but the Triceratops graphically stabbing the guts out of the T-rex are what holds me back.

#84 8 years ago

Night rider.!

#85 8 years ago

I love Abra Ca Dabra and also El Dorado, but... the "hey - one more game" machine is King of Diamonds. Lighting the bumpers and cashing in is as great as getting all diamonds!

#86 8 years ago

Sing Along

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#87 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

The plastics are unbelievable, but the Triceratops graphically stabbing the guts out of the T-rex are what holds me back.

But Dinosaurs..with cave men...in 4MBC? That should pull you right back in! Miss mine, but always looking

#88 8 years ago

This is true! I had a flasher behind my guts just for effect! It was a fun game with the multiball...loved the volcano and tar pit! Darn it...now I want that sucker back!

#89 8 years ago

Wow @ the Abra love! I used to champion that game for years and get blank stares! Good to see everyone coming around the past few years I've noticed. Good stuff

#90 8 years ago
Quoted from mechslave:

Wow @ the Abra love! I used to champion that game for years and get blank stares! Good to see everyone coming around the past few years I've noticed. Good stuff

Moving lit targets? What's not to like about that? And the artwork... ooh la la!

On Fireball: Beautiful, fun game. Multi-ball & zipper flippers? Neat! It gets kind of old in a small collection, though.

#91 8 years ago

Royal Flush.

#92 8 years ago

Very tough to say but I would also go with Sing Along.

#93 8 years ago

It would be a wedgehead

#95 8 years ago

1a. Atlantis
1b. Quick Draw
1c. Jacks Open or Lucky Hand

#96 8 years ago

Sonic Joker's Wild, or Gottlieb Canada Dry

#97 8 years ago

Nobody has said Target Pool? Come on, Target Pool!!!

#98 8 years ago

I need to play more ems when I see them at shows

#99 8 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Nobody has said Target Pool? Come on, Target Pool!!!

Target Pool is a great game. Problem is GTB made a lot of great games!

#100 8 years ago

Hayburners. Love those little racing horses.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 45.00
There are 248 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/if-you-could-only-have-1-em/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.