(Topic ID: 26424)

If you could have a new knocker sound?

By Slaymetender

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

What would you like?

I'm thinking of adding a cow bell in my custom game. Too cheesey? What knocker sound do you think would be cool? And yes, I'm asking about a physical knocker, not a digital noise.

#2 11 years ago

cheezy.. how bout the horn Rodney Dangerfield uses in caddyshack?

#3 11 years ago

Make it motorboat

#4 11 years ago

I think a cowbell would get loads of laughs.

If you could simulate the sound effect of one hard twang on a mouth harp that might be cool sounding for a physical sound.

Or a regular bell kinda like CV BG.

#5 11 years ago

One hard strum from a single bass guitar string Can you hook up a single string and strum it in a pinball machine?? I bet you can Slay

I do like the bell idea, like a ring bell from a boxing ring?

#6 11 years ago

I prefer that they just hang there and silently entice me.

Oh, did I misunderstand the question?

#7 11 years ago

I like it the way they are. The point of it is to let everyone around you know you've done something awesome! And what's better then a very loud clunk!! Of a knocker going off after getting a replay or high score!

#8 11 years ago

I would like the game to play woot there it is.

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

I would like the game to play woot there it is.

whoomp there it is =-) heres a shovel fool can you dig it. can you all dig it.

woot is Dungeons and Dragons term for "Wow there is the Loot"

#10 11 years ago

I would like the knocker to be the sound twilight zone makes when you hit the jackpot shot to the piano. Now that would get your attention!

Kevin

#11 11 years ago

10 gauge shotgun shell.

Knocker goes off I want to see people fainted in front of the game.

LTG

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from Tommi_Gunn:

Make it motorboat

Yeah, I'm thinking not a lot of people read this the way you and I did....

Chris

#13 11 years ago

I love the original knocker sound.It makes me laugh so hard when it scares the crap outta people!

#14 11 years ago

"Needs More Cowbell!"

Good idea if you can make it work.

#15 11 years ago

I like the old chimes sounds and think a single teachers hand bell would be cool. Should be easy to rig up with a small coil to hit the bell top.

That said, what is your custom game? It would be cool if the knocker matched the theme in some way.

#16 11 years ago

The only way I'd change it is to make it louder (and mine are very loud), the knocker is one of the best sounds in pinball.

#17 11 years ago

I like the old fashion knocker. I was a pinball virgin until about 3 years ago when I bought a BSD as my first pin.. the first time that knocker went off it scared the sh*t out of me and i thought there was something wrong with the machine.. I since have learned to love that sound but still cant get used to the Stern screeeeech of death..

I think a unique sound per game would be cool actually but that would be digital and not what the OP is looking for.

#18 11 years ago

How about a huge metal gong as a topper with a big mechanical topless dude hitting it?

#19 11 years ago

How about an air horn ( a proper full sized one off a truck or locomotive) with a big compressed air can. Wire up a pnumatic solenoid into the knocker circuit. That would scare the crap out of people nearby!

Has this already been done? I know there was a siren fitted to a game in the nineties.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/if-you-could-have-a-new-knocker-sound and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.