(Topic ID: 125305)

If u won the raffle - which game - WOz or the Hobbit?

By AJB4

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 36 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by AJB4
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which game would you pick?”

• WOz 38 votes
    37%
  • The Hobbit 66 votes
    63%

(104 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 4 years ago

Let's say you won the Project Pinball Charity Raffel sweepstakes. Which JJP game would you pick - WOz or The Hobbit?

#2 4 years ago

I have a WOZ shipping from JJ this week or next, so it would have to be the Hobbit.

#3 4 years ago

I would pick Hobbit. Most of the trails and errors with Wizard of Oz have been worked out so Hobbit should be pretty solid.
I am not even crazy about the Hobbit movies, but I love the look of that game.

#4 4 years ago

Good question! I've only played WOZ a few times and I really liked it. I've never not had the chance to play HOBBIT yet. Do I go with a game I know I liked or hope that I like the TH? Also, how long would we have to wait for the TH? All things considered, I think I'd pick WOZ. Wait....actually, it's whatever my wife tells me she wants.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from Flack:

Wait....actually, it's whatever my wife tells me she wants.

#6 4 years ago

Woz by a long shot

#7 4 years ago

WOZ, because my wife and daughter are miffed we don't already have one.

#8 4 years ago

Wait for game #3

Not really into either game theme wise
Maybe the next machine will be awesome

#9 4 years ago

Is there currently a raffle going on?

#10 4 years ago

Got a WOZ, no interest in TH, so it would have to be a shot in the dark at game #3. Where do we enter?

#11 4 years ago

http://www.projectpinball.org/sweepstakes/

yes there is a raffle currently selling tix

#12 4 years ago

WOZ since Hobbit is already on order

#13 4 years ago

I'd pick hobbit and then order a woz. Nothing better than two machines for $8075

#14 4 years ago

Hobbit. I like how the game looks and plays, and I already have a great WOZ. And the two games have distinctly different styles. so having both would not be 'redundant'!

#15 4 years ago

Already have WOZ. I wasn't in on Hobbit, but I really want Pat's game (Hi Pat!). So I'd try to wrangle it into JJP#3.

And I quote about number 3:
--------------------------------------------------
"Legendary Designer Pat Lawlor is working on game #3 which is slated for release in Q3 of 2015. His Team of Artist John Youssi, Programmer Ted Estes and Sound Master Dave Thiel bring the band back together that made so many great games. Their game is an original theme and not a license. After all, when you have this Team, who needs a license?"
--------------------------------------------------

And obviously if they wouldn't let me put it all on #3, I'd accept a shiny new Hobbit into my game room. After all, even if I wasn't a huge fan of the movies, Keith is programming it. I know that isn't a guarantee, but I'm pretty sure he and Ted will whip out something fun.

#16 4 years ago

I would take Hobbit since WOZ is already in the market are being sold secondary

I would just sit on it and flip it for something else

#17 4 years ago

I'll pick WoZ if I win.

#18 4 years ago

I'm a man...........I'm forty...........The Hobbit.

#19 4 years ago

I'm a man...53...love my WOZ

#20 4 years ago

my brother in law has a WOz so was thinking that if I won I might go for a Hobbit but I already have LOTR so maybe WOz might be a change of pace - Certainly the light show and creativity in WOz really shines...

#21 4 years ago

From what I've played I like the layout of Hobbit better, so probably that one.

#22 4 years ago

I never got into the WOZ theme, so Hobbit for me. GOt a chance to play it at MGC, thought it was ok, so we'll see how new software update make it even better.

#23 4 years ago

Hobbit SE is already fully prepaid so WOZ. It's the only way I'll get both without my wife killing me.

#24 4 years ago

I'd trade them both for Fish Tales.

#25 4 years ago

I'm just in because it is a good cause. If I win I will choose whichever one I think will bring more money towards a Metallica Premium or LE.

#26 4 years ago

WOZ is so polished...such an incredible game...it's tried and true. I'd stick with it.

#27 4 years ago

let's get this current project pinball raffle sold out!
BUMP

#28 4 years ago

I'd trade either one away

#29 4 years ago

Only played about 10 minutes on WOZ on location once. Other 3 times I saw one on location it was turned off.

I would say Hobbit because it looks like it has more potential IMO.

$75 a ticket with 1 in 200 chance though I think I will stay out of the raffle scene as I work hard for my money.

#30 4 years ago

Poll is kind of messed up because a lot of the people on here already own a WoZ. Maybe the poll should also say that the raffle makes the choice mutually exclusive. In other words, you can only keep one of the two titles.

In any case I have played both and own a WoZ. I would keep my WoZ. I love The Hobbit theme, but just can't get excited about that open of a playfield. I would rather have "slower" play and have much more interaction with playfield devices. But this is subjective and can really appreciate those that like faster play and all. Even though some people say WoZ is slow, I think it can be plenty fast and love the format.

#31 4 years ago

Hobbit easily.

#32 4 years ago

How many tickets of 200 are sold?

#33 4 years ago

49% as of 2 minutes ago. so roughly 98 tickets sold with 102 to go...

#34 4 years ago

I think I will buy a few chances.

#35 4 years ago

Hobbit for me. I'm ready for that game to hit the line!!!!!!!

#36 4 years ago

I bought 5 tix -> figured for a good cause and that would be a heck of return on the investment

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 88.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside