• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

12143125_10153699260164508_7490601277765400099_n.jpg
Screenshot_2015-10-20-22-07-50-1.png
#1 8 years ago

Twilight Zone is ranked either #1 or #2 on the lists that are here on Pinside & on the IPDB top 300 but..... whenever I check out other Pinsiders collections (100's of Pinsiders) of what they have now & their "wish list" I've noticed Twilight Zone is not on any of the "wish list's" I've seen. Is this because... who ever wanted a TZ now has one?

#2 8 years ago

Interestingly timed question. I am considering an trade offer on a TZ right now. There is one at a local Putt-Putt and I've put maybe 20 games on it max. I've liked it but not really sure what I'm doing and that pin is only in marginal shape at best so I'm guessing my experience is less than optimal. It will be interesting to see what other folks think on this one.

#3 8 years ago

It is a great game. It was on my wish list till last month when a found one.

#4 8 years ago

Twilight Zone is not rare the way Medieval Madness is, so there are plenty to go around. Most enthusiast either have one, or had one and are done with it.

According to IPDB:
- Twilight Zone: 15,235 produced
- Medieval Madness: 4,016 produced

If you think about it, it is amazing that there are so many in circulation, but the price manages to stay quite high.

#5 8 years ago

Do I wish I had TZ? Yes. But it's not on my wish list because I don't have 5k+ to put on a machine. Do I wish I operated an arcade with or had a private location with 1000 machines? Yes. Do I put 1000 machines on my wish list? No. I see the wish lists as more of a preemptive "WTB" post.

#6 8 years ago

Many reasons but by far the best is Lost in the Zone. Totally immersive wizard mode. Sounds, lights, so many things to do...its just awesome.

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

Twilight Zone is not rare the way Medieval Madness is, so there are plenty to go around. Most enthusiast either have one, or had one and are done with it.
According to IPDB:
If you think about it, it is amazing that there are so many in circulation, but the price manages to stay quite high.

I always thought the same thing about TAF.

#8 8 years ago

I'm with nosro most people that wanted one got or had one. Why the price is so high is a good question with the amount that were made. But you could say the same for taf.

#9 8 years ago

Well I believe its one of the most wanted pins and the most owned pin on pinside not sure what your looking at?Screenshot_2015-10-20-22-07-50-1.pngScreenshot_2015-10-20-22-07-50-1.png

#10 8 years ago

I think the price is where it is bc its a great pin with a ton going on tgat alot people want . Heck its worth 3500-4 in parts lol

#11 8 years ago

Yes. Why do you think no one wants a TZ remake? Because everyone with taste in pinball already has TZ, there's no need for one.

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from mario_1_up:

I'm with nosro most people that wanted one got or had one. Why the price is so high is a good question with the amount that were made. But you could say the same for taf.

I did!

#13 8 years ago

I had one and sold it to pick up another machine I wanted. Its now back on my wish-list but I would take an AFM and then IJ before I would want TZ back.

#14 8 years ago

Man there were TONS of them, so a lot of people have them.

#15 8 years ago

I've owned mine for over five years. It's a good one. Lots of them are bolted to the floor of collectors homes.

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from TZBen:

I've owned mine for over five years. It's a good one. Lots of them are bolted to the floor of collectors homes.

Yep thought of selling mine a few times bc ive had it the longest but I know ill never find another in the awesome huo condition its in for the price I paid so its bolted to the floor

#17 8 years ago

Yep, a good friend of mine has had a beautiful TZ for ten years and he says his isn't going anywhere.

#18 8 years ago

I had mine for ten years. It's an amazing game. Perfect in fact. Hopefully one day I will have the space to own it again.

#19 8 years ago

It is a great pin, I love getting LITZ.

#20 8 years ago

I just got my second TZ. This time I had it torn down and clear coated. It's fair to say you won't see another pin with so much going on and combined with the nostalgia, it makes it a great piece to have in your collection. I havn't read the rules in quite a while so right now it feels choppy. When you get the rules down, learn a strategy, conquer LITZ, and crack a billion.......that's when you feel what a great collaboration it truly was by Lawlor and his team. :PS)Imho.

#21 8 years ago

Check the amount of pinsiders that have it on their wishlist on the TZ page of the top 100 . There are 832. I think it is like the second highest of any pin. the OP did not check these 832 wish lists . This is for a game there were 15k made. That is amazing . That is why it is #1 .

#22 8 years ago

My love affair with TZ has been renewed with the addition of a Pinsound card. The DCS Granner mix is great; but, the reorchestrated remix of the original audio is incredible. I doubled up my highest score on one of the first few games I played on it with this mix probably because I shut my brain off and was just listening to the audio. I was one Clock Chaos away from being LITZ for the first time. Ended up with 1.4 billion or so. My wife came in the room when I was on the 3rd ball and was watching and she couldn't believe it.

It's simply a great timeless game.

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

According to IPDB:

Same with Monsters Bash, 3361 made. I have little interest in Medieval Madness (unless one falls in my lap) but I would much rather have a Monsters Bash than a Twilight Zone... and I want the Twilight Zone.

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Yep thought of selling mine a few times bc ive had it the longest but I know ill never find another in the awesome huo condition its in for the price I paid so its bolted to the floor

What if I contractually agree to sell it back to you at the exact same price (or a little less) 2 years after purchase? I think this purchase model needs to be explored. I'd be interested in an incredible condition machine for just a short period to rotate around. All these pinsiders have the luxury of space for 5, 10, or more machines... I can fit 3 tops and I have a space open!

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

According to IPDB:

Depends on how long you've been collecting.IIRC you could get them in the 2-3000 range btwn '03 -'10.I sold a beater for 1800 to a buddy in '04.I would have asked for 2500 but he was a friend and really wanted the game.

#26 8 years ago

tz is the best imo very deep superpin fun.832 people have on wishlist.I dont have games on a wishlist so people wont bump up the price if im lookin for a title.

#27 8 years ago

my short and sweet answer is -- A LOT TO DO!!!!

longer version:
- 4 flippers
- dual level
- magnets
- a clock! - surprised someone hasn't modified it to be digital and have a separate feature that has the real time and date on it!
-(you can control 2 magnets - too cool!)
-ceramic ball play
-its pretty!
- hummmmm I love everything about the game!

#28 8 years ago

I've had my TZ for 11 years. It's a great game, I could never sell it...plus my wife loves it!

#29 8 years ago

TZ is the 2nd most wished for game on pinside and also the most owned. If it didn't have such a large lead in ownership, it would more than likely be the most wished for game. I miss mine, not enough to go through the hassle of getting another one, however.

12143125_10153699260164508_7490601277765400099_n.jpg12143125_10153699260164508_7490601277765400099_n.jpg

#30 8 years ago

TZ was the game that I remember most from back in the day. I would like to have one someday but it's not high on the wish list. I love playing it on location but not sure I really want to own one given the high cost. The layout is not my style but no denying it's a very cool pin. There is a ton of things to shoot for, cool toys, great sounds, and power ball is one of the coolest things in pinball.

#31 8 years ago

I love TZ and its on my wishlist but I don't plan on getting one unless it was the right trade or deal.
there are too many games that i have yet to wizard and TZ is one that if i figure out how the kick out is working i can get LITZ by the end of the night.(might be like a dozen games)

still would love one since TZ is my favorite show and there is no denying that it is a great game and a classic

#32 8 years ago

It's a great game, but if you're into "fast flow" games, this one probably isn't for you. That being said, the amount of shots and modes that it has are second to none.
Mine won't be leaving anytime soon...

#33 8 years ago

One of the best games ever made . Shane

#34 8 years ago

They made so many because it was (and still is) a phenomenal game. It will never be reproduced, and it offers far more production value and fun than most games coming out these days.

I look at it and say "for the same money would I rather own a new Stern or a timeless classic? Which is going to offer me a deeper more robust experience?"

The 90's B/W games are pure fun, there's no denying that. As long as they offer the same if not more fun factor as new games the value will remain high, especially for the all time greats like TZ.

#35 8 years ago
Quoted from TZBen:

Lots of them are bolted to the floor of collectors homes.

Simply an Awesome game! Mine is going no where.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 132.00
$ 29.95
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn Park, MN
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 12.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/if-twilight-zone-is-so-popular and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.