(Topic ID: 189586)

If the programmers were better then this hobby will explode!

By Radrog

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 196 posts
  • 82 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by jwilson
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    this-guy...i-love-this-guy-drunk-baby-meme (resized).jpg
    IMG_6659 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#41 6 years ago

It would be nice if it was easier for end users to modify (we see how the sound music adjustments are well received).

I believe even minor tweaks could improve some games.

Plus, could you imagine if a game like IM or Tron was completely re-done with more advanced rules like TWD?

Not saying Tron or IM are badly done but the code is something that can be altered and could make the whole game play differently such as for example JD has two different starting rules.

How cool would it be for IM to have different rules for each different movie? Or for IM to have more meat to the rules like Metallica?

#110 6 years ago

I'd like to give appreciation to all the guys that code pinball. I think they are doing a lot on a shoe string budget both time and manpower.

I am still going to be frustrated when there is a bug or something that could easily be tweaked to make the pins better, but I realize it's not the programmers fault ( it's Stern's fault for not prioritizing those things - bug fixes etc.) and even with XM or Kiss debacle is not down to the fault of the programmers that is solely because Stern does not care enough.

I was reading about the video game Assassins Creed II and it was said that it took over one year and there were 300+ developers working on it and I'm sure mutli million dollars of budget.

My point is seeing what a small team of programmers can do with a tiny time and money budget is really amazing that we have games like Tspp, LotR, WoZ, TWD, and even Tron which while not as high as TWD is still a truly well coded pinball machine.

I wish every pin could be as greatly coded as TWD or LotR but they can't all be.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/if-the-programmers-were-better-then-this-hobby-will-explode?tu=rai and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.