(Topic ID: 34844)

If Stren did a re-run of IM pro would you likely buy it?

By rai

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 50 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by goatdan
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“IM”

• Yes 36 votes
    38%
  • No 58 votes
    62%

(94 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goatdan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#50 11 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

To hell with the dealers who stock pile these games and jack up the prices.............Stern is not making that profit.

To be fair, those dealers who stock pile the games and jack up the prices are taking the risk on the machines actually going up on value, and allowing Stern to manufacture more of the machines. If those dealers didn't buy extras for the future, the runs would be considerably smaller in the first place.

As for the possibility of a remanufacture of the game, as I've said before, there is *always* the possibility that Stern will remanufacture anything. I don't see them coming back and doing an LE run though because of the issues with LOTR LE, and to be fair LOTR LE took a long, long time to sell out.

LOTR LE was arguably a step down from the original version (no figures, and a lot of people didn't like the new backglass). IM LE if it is a step down I don't think it will sell very good. If they do much in the way of differences and lock it to the LE (improve skill shot, etc) it will disappoint / tick off a lot of people who bought the standard model.

If it can make financial sense, it will happen, but all of this pining for some special LE model I think is completely misplaced, and if Stern does that I do think it would adversely affect their Pro models in the future more than their current LE model already does.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Mary, FL
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goatdan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/if-stren-did-a-re-run-of-im-pro-would-you-likely-buy-it?tu=goatdan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.