Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 299 posts
  • 122 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by J85M
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1393 (resized).JPG
    spinpiut 2 (resized).JPG
    Fast and Furious DMD video play.jpg
    soap-show.jpg
    download (1).jpg
    Backglass.jpg
    Dazed.jpeg
    Unknown.jpeg
    th-2.jpeg
    shelby-mustang-020-5.jpg
    image.jpg
    download.jpg
    Kim-Kardashian-Cleavy-Peeks-And-Major-Booty-In-Pants-11-580x435.jpg
    th.jpeg
    spoiler12.jpg
    lame.jpg
    There are 299 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
    #251 9 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I'm not arguing that the franchise isn't "evergreen" as you put it. I love the movie series. I'm saying the pin would be a sales failure if you are only looking at the routed aspect of it.
    It would be like making a Top Gear pin now that it's over. Top Gear is literally the world's most watched factual show in the world. They had 350 million viewers per week, across the globe. That's plain insanity. A Top Gear pin now would be a flop.
    I don't believe you can automatically assume a pin would be popular on route just because it's done well in the box office. A "Titanic" pin would be as epic of sinking ship as the actual Titanic.

Disagree......a Top Gear Pin would be huge. It's an iconic show.....and will be for a very long time.

A one of (Titanic) does not have the staying power of a franchise....i.e. Star Wars, LOTR, Harry Potter, Fast & Furious. Not to mention the theme (or demographic that appeals to) does not lend itself to the "pinball world".....FF certainly does.

#252 9 years ago

bottom line is if the game is fun it will sell nuff said

#253 9 years ago

derek u have 2 TOM?

#254 9 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

A one of (Titanic) does not have the staying power of a franchise....i.e. Star Wars, LOTR, Harry Potter, Fast & Furious. Not to mention the theme (or demographic that appeals to) does not lend itself to the "pinball world".....FF certainly does.

Wizard of Oz?

#255 9 years ago

Imagine a fast furious pinball made by Steve Ritchie ....full of fast ramps , good shots , great flow , great sound effect of cars . This theme can become the next Ac dc , and can easily bring more new people into this hobby .

#256 9 years ago
    Quoted from Monarca1091:

Imagine a fast furious pinball made by Steve Ritchie ....full of fast ramps , good shots , great flow , great sound effect of cars . This them can become the next Ac dc , and can easily bring more new people into this hobby .

What would licensing be like on it? I know very little about licensing, but from the TBL/Kahlua issue, it seems that Stern would have to get all of the car brands to allow their use in the game too. F&F is about the cars as much as it is the plot.

I would personally rather see either a generic drift pin or a generic supercar pin from Steve Ritchie. I don't see the need to use a license on it, but that would contradict Stern's desire to always do licenses now.

FWIW, I love discussing this with you guys. My boss always tells me that anything I write needs to be passed through a "dick check", because they come off sounding rude or angry. I'm anything but.

#257 9 years ago

Well personally I think it was a bad choice (theme) for a pinball machine. Don't particularly care for the game play on it either but I do realize and can appreciate that many love it. Others have mentioned Muppet's and I think that sucks as a pinball theme also.

#258 9 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

Others have mentioned Muppet's and I think that sucks as a pinball theme also.

I thought it was a joke.

#259 9 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

Well personally I think it was a bad choice (theme) for a pinball machine. Don't particularly care for the game play on it either but I do realize and can appreciate that many love it. Others have mentioned Muppet's and I think that sucks as a pinball theme also.

I personally don't care for the theme either.

As far as earnings go though, I think WoZ is doing pretty well on route. Even though both of us don't like the theme. I seem to remember some magazine photo that showed it up on the list for pins.

Oh, and... Muppets! I'd have to play it to know if I would buy it, but it sure would be easier to justify to myself if I'm convinced the wife and kids will love it too, lol.

#260 9 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I thought it was a joke.

The first rule of fight club is you don't talk about fight club.

#261 9 years ago

"Let's make soap"

#262 9 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

"Let's make soap"

Will a shop vac work? I've got plenty of fat.

This got weird quick....

#263 9 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

Others have mentioned Muppet's and I think that sucks as a pinball theme also.

You want a pinball machine, I'll give it to you!

#264 9 years ago

If you were to believe that a F&F machine would sell you would believe that a "Die Hard" would sell. They are the same type of theme and continuation.

#265 9 years ago
    Quoted from musketd:

How does everyone on here not think this will not sell? It is the number one earning movie of the year so far not to mention there is seven of them and ohh it has all kinds of cars, music, and tons of action in the movie; not to mention the sit down arcade game sold like crazy too

I would buy it, that being said, the ticket sales are due to a highly ethic population.......Off the charts. I think people believe very few of them play pinball.........and they would be correct.

#266 9 years ago
    Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I would buy it, that being said, the ticket sales are due to a highly ethic population.......Off the charts. I think people believe very few of them play pinball.........and they would be correct.

Most of the world is ethnically diverse. What statistics did you have that puts the fan base of this particular series "off the charts?"

#267 9 years ago
    Quoted from dt3:

Nobody watches them... outside the theaters.

Wrong and research proves it wrong, plain and simple.

#268 9 years ago
    Quoted from dt3:

Disagree with you. It continues to grow because more and more cars get out on the road but IMO FF style car shows arent nearly as big they were in late 90s early 2000s. I used to be really into the japanese import scene and then that eventually evolved into the euro import scene. With that being said the billion dollar industry you mentioned is too disjointed (american, japan, euro, new, retro, style, drag, etc etc) to ever really try to market something like a pinball game.

Actually, you agree with me with your response, more cars on the road.... Plus I never said anything about Japanese cars or shows, clearly you haven't watched any recent "FF" movies because its "dis-jointed" all across the other brands/styles you have listed.

#269 9 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

"Let's make soap"

I can already imagine the translight for this one !

soap-show.jpgsoap-show.jpg
    #270 9 years ago
    Quoted from Baiter:

Most of the world is ethnically diverse. What statistics did you have that puts the fan base of this particular series "off the charts?"

You misread it. It sounded a little racist at first glance, true, but if you look again he said "ethic". So he's just saying that people of good character with high moral principles dig this film, that's all.

Quoted from thedarkknight77:

the ticket sales are due to a highly ethic population

#271 9 years ago
    Quoted from musketd:

bottom line is if the game is fun it will sell nuff said

Yes theme is important but the reality for at least most pinheads is the layout and whether it is fun? I like the Walking Dead theme but I did not care for the layout with pop bumpers taking up most of the action. I like WWE as a theme but I did not care for the ring and how much time it took up with the ball play. If Stern can deliver a game with a great layout that has polished code and is fun, then it will sell. Innovation is key and pinheads want something different other than another cookie-cutter layout.

I had a thought that it would be cool if Stern incorporated the DMD to be LCD and had an awesome video mode where you race through the streets and control left to right steering with the flipper buttons to avoid obstacles and finish mode.

Fast and Furious DMD video play.jpgFast and Furious DMD video play.jpg
    #272 9 years ago

Quote from Diesel "This will win best picture. There is nothing that will ever come close to the power of this thing"

The only person who cares about Vin Diesel is himself

#273 9 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

You misread it. It sounded a little racist at first glance, true, but if you look again he said "ethic". So he's just saying that people of good character with high moral principles dig this film, that's all.

...and of the highly ethical characters, "very few of them play pinball"

#274 9 years ago
    Quoted from Baiter:

...and of the highly ethical characters, "very few of them play pinball"

Well we already know what kind of people play pinball:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/drifters-and-homosexuals-hang-out-in-pinball-parlors

1 week later
    #275 9 years ago

Looks like there will be a Furious 8. I take back my statements that it F7 will be the final.

"Furious 8: Movie to Arrive in Theaters on April 14, 2017, Actor Vin Diesel Says
    Diesel made the announcement at Universal’s CinemaCon panel on Thursday. “Furious 7″ is the seventh-highest grossing film of all time, earning $1.15 billion at the worldwide box office."

1 year later
    #276 7 years ago

Hard to believe there isn't a Fast and Furious pinball machine or even much talk about it. One of the highest grossing movie franchises of all time and with the coming release of Fate of the Furious, it looks to get even bigger. I could see owning one if it was done right.

#277 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Hard to believe there isn't a Fast and Furious pinball machine or even much talk about it. One of the highest grossing movie franchises of all time and with the coming release of Fate of the Furious, it looks to get even bigger. I could see owning one if it was done right.

Because the franchise is so big, the licensing is cost prohibitive, and the franchise protections would mean a mountain of red tape. The pin would cost 20 grand, and we aren't quite there yet......maybe xmas.

#278 7 years ago
    Quoted from Manimal:

Because the franchise is so big, the licensing is cost prohibitive, and the franchise protections would mean a mountain of red tape.

Well, there are already pinball machines themed after some of the other big grossing franchises like Marvel, Star Wars, Batman, LOTR etc...

It's pinballs chance to get back into the 21st century with a franchise born in that century.

#279 7 years ago
    Quoted from Manimal:

Because the franchise is so big, the licensing is cost prohibitive, and the franchise protections would mean a mountain of red tape. The pin would cost 20 grand, and we aren't quite there yet......maybe xmas.

With Star Wars coming I think the franchise is too big and cost prohibitive is out the window, if Stern feel they can sell sufficient numbers no licence is too big.

#280 7 years ago

I liked this movie series but they should have stopped with the last one. I think this series is about to jump the shark with a final money grab.

#281 7 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

if Stern feel they can sell sufficient numbers no licence is too big.

I hope they do and are not getting all their licensing ideas from pinside.

#282 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I hope they do and are not getting all their licensing ideas from pinside.

Ironic this thread was rejuvenated as I have been tinkering with the idea of doing a re-theme for a while and I just recently started thinking of doing a F&F Stern re-theme, ideas for modes and rules as well as trying to decide what Stern I would re-thene if I went ahead with it. Would be good to know before I start anything serious if Stern have the licence.

#283 7 years ago

and the movies are friggin god-awful.
    i couldnt sit thru the last one i took my kids to see. glad i was in one of those new theatres with the big red seats. took a nice nap!

#284 7 years ago
    Quoted from robotron:

i couldnt sit thru the last one i took my kids to see. glad i was in one of those new theatres with the big red seats. took a nice nap!

What movies do you like then? I saw Fast 5 for the first time last week and it was awesome. I have seen several of the others and have liked them too including the first one upon release

I have a hard time sitting thru the long drawn out fairy tale movies they have themed pinball machines after, and I find playing those games to be just as boring. Not to mention some of the bands that have their own game now. Nothing exciting about them at all.

#285 7 years ago

Fast and Furious would be awesome!!!

#286 7 years ago

Edit: Decided not to argue my point.....must be getting old....lol

#287 7 years ago
    Quoted from Manimal:

Star Wars is big...yes, but they already have a relationship in pinball and a couple of games have already been done. So machines are out there and the licensing framework is already in place.

Well, then instead of moving forward into the 21st century with box office record breaking action licenses involving fast cars, it looks like the next racing theme may be one they already have a licensing relationship with.

spinpiut 2 (resized).JPGspinpiut 2 (resized).JPG

#288 7 years ago

Everyone knows a crappy movie always equals a crappy pin, like The Shadow, Demolition Man, Tron.....

#289 7 years ago

you mean driving an exotic car from one skyscraper to another is so realistic.
    i guess you can do that on a pinball.
    yeah it might be good.

#290 7 years ago
    Quoted from robotron:

I gotta go with you on this one. Tacky movies, tacky theme for a pinball, and I doubt it would sell in big numbers. Car themes always flop for Stern and FF is a franchise for kids who aren't buying pinball machines.

#291 7 years ago

Better as a virtual pin to duplicate all the CGI fake stunts.

#292 7 years ago

FF sucks balls and is for 12 year olds.

If they really wanted to give auto-mayhem a shot they missed the boat with Fury Road. I'd just love to have a crappy ball and hear "MEDIOCRE!"

#293 7 years ago

Would love a Fast and Furious pin

#294 7 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

FF sucks balls and is for 12 year olds.
    If they really wanted to give auto-mayhem a shot they missed the boat with Fury Road. I'd just love to have a crappy ball and hear "MEDIOCRE!"

Cmon Levi like the F&F didn't inspire you to pimp your ride

IMG_1393 (resized).JPGIMG_1393 (resized).JPG

#295 7 years ago

Everyone has their dirty little secret movies they love, but don't want to admit. The Fast and the Furious movies are my dirty little secret, but I don't mind letting the secret out. I love these movies, even Tokyo Drift. Car pins are tough though, but the FF franchise has a lot to offer for creative shots. Although I do admit the theme may not be very popular among the Pinside crowd.

#296 7 years ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Car pins are tough though

High Speed- 17,080 units made

HS2 Getaway- 13,259 units made

Quoted from RyanStl:

Although I do admit the theme may not be very popular among the Pinside crowd.

Who cares! I'm sure most that play or own pinball machines have nothing to do with this place and it's members narrow focus of themes.

#297 7 years ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Everyone has their dirty little secret movies they love, but don't want to admit. The Fast and the Furious movies are my dirty little secret, but I don't mind letting the secret out. I love these movies, even Tokyo Drift. Car pins are tough though, but the FF franchise has a lot to offer for creative shots. Although I do admit the theme may not be very popular among the Pinside crowd.

It's a billion dollar franchise now don't be ashamed Fast & Furious is no longer a dirty secret it's full blown mainstream now, blockbusters are rarely thought driven pieces of cinema, the best blockbusters just let you sit back and forget about the normal day to day things and just put a smile on your face for a few hours.

The money the franchise has earned at the box office suggests that the movies are putting smiles on a lot of people's faces, I don't think pinside members not watching f&f7 was too much of a worry for Universal's 1.5billion take the box office

Plus it's about time themes stretched further than what we want on pinside after all we need new players, people that are not pinheads coming into the hobby to keep pinball alive and licences like F&F could be the ticket to do just that I know several non pinheads that would jump on a F&F pin for their body shops/garages as well as their homes.

#298 7 years ago

Meh. Just get Kapow to retheme a Mustang as FnF and re-price it at 10k ... at least they'd sell another couple hundred of them.

#299 7 years ago

No way John F&F deserves a much more elaborate and crazy layout than Mustang

There are 299 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/if-sterns-new-game-is-fast-and-furious/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.