Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 137 posts
  • 80 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by fosaisu
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

robin-stranger-things (resized).jpg
    Todd (resized).jpg
    F348239F-F109-48AD-8DC8-58D0B79E7EF5 (resized).jpeg
    a862dffd1c21186289e41ab49366037c (resized).jpeg
    source.gif
    3msfcb (resized).jpg
    dbc21f3d-5a3b-47da-a2e0-5fcbc2650f8c_screenshot (resized).jpg
    E1497294-6D0A-4037-A02F-CA732ED20701 (resized).jpeg
    ramseasons (resized).jpg
    itsabouttime (resized).jpg
    91896839-chips-potato-potato-chips-isolated-on-white-background- (resized).jpg
    InspirationShot_MarvelousIceSilver@2x (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider inhomearcades.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

A $700 topper add on.

And you would still save a couple of thousand with Stern.

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

On a stripped down pro. Would have nowhere near the light show, sounds/music and features.

I'm a big fan of this title, but no one can compare to Stern Pros. Spooky has yet to release a title that is beyond the over all finish of a modern Stern pro. I like charlie and spooky as an operation, could not be more impressed with what they have done. Hopefully this title competes with Stern, but you'll need to compare it to a Stern premium at the very least given the price point.

#72 4 years ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

Rick and Morty standard edition = $6995
    Stern Pro plus $700 topper = $6600
    $395 = "a couple thousand"
    Is this common core math?

What $700 topper? Stern pros are no where near $5900.

#78 4 years ago
    Quoted from f3honda4me:

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-star-wars-topper.html

Even at a $5200 (which is about as cheap as you might find a NIB pro, and most people will pay more) plus $750 for topper, that's still only about $1k apart. You're still not saving the "couple thousand" that guy claimed you would if stern was making RM instead.

Dude, you pick the one topper stern charges 700 for an use that as your reference?

Stern pro at 5200, announced and delivered within weeks, similar features of R&M. Most toppers are $400 bucks.

R&M, 7k, plus additional for BS edition if you want your game with in the next 12 months. BS edition to get your game puts you at 7500 or slightly more. Yes you get the topper and they get over a year to deliver all of these games. I'll go through 3 NIB sterns before then.

Keep in mind, I ordered two R&M. I support spooky and scott but bottom line is NO ONE can touch the fit, finish and quality stern offers at the pro model.

#86 4 years ago

I'll wait for someone to give an example of a game better than a Stern Pro NIB at $5200.

Spooky standard R&M is 7k. What about a spooky title is better than a Stern pro model exactly?

Lets compare titles available from spooky against Stern pros:
    Alice Cooper
    America's Most Haunted
    Dominos
    Jetsons
    Rob Zombie

I'll give it up for Total Annihilation but other than that, theres not a game yet to be made that competes.

#92 4 years ago
    Quoted from Calfdemon:

Just out of curiosity, but why are you comparing them to Stern's bottom line games? Why not compare them to their Premium or LE games? Spooky does not take things out that effect gameplay so they can sell a budget model. With that thinking, all Spooky game playfields are "fully loaded", so then you should be comparing it to Stern's fully loaded playfield models, not their stripped down models.
    Get the starting point correct and then you can start comparing.

Because I am saying that Stern's "bottom line" games are just as feature rich as Spooky's games. Theres not much of a difference and if anything I give the edge to Stern.

There is nothing wrong with either company, I like them both.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider inhomearcades.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/if-stern-was-making-rick-and-morty?tu=inhomearcades and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.