Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 137 posts
  • 80 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by fosaisu
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

robin-stranger-things (resized).jpg
    Todd (resized).jpg
    F348239F-F109-48AD-8DC8-58D0B79E7EF5 (resized).jpeg
    a862dffd1c21186289e41ab49366037c (resized).jpeg
    source.gif
    3msfcb (resized).jpg
    dbc21f3d-5a3b-47da-a2e0-5fcbc2650f8c_screenshot (resized).jpg
    E1497294-6D0A-4037-A02F-CA732ED20701 (resized).jpeg
    ramseasons (resized).jpg
    itsabouttime (resized).jpg
    91896839-chips-potato-potato-chips-isolated-on-white-background- (resized).jpg
    InspirationShot_MarvelousIceSilver@2x (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider calfdemon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#87 4 years ago
    Quoted from inhomearcades:

I'll wait for someone to give an example of a game better than a Stern Pro NIB at $5200.
    Spooky standard R&M is 7k. What about a spooky title is better than a Stern pro model exactly?
    Lets compare titles available from spooky to compare to Stern pros:
    Alice Cooper
    America's Most Haunted
    Dominos
    Jetsons
    Rob Zombie
    I'll give it up for Total Annihilation but other than that, theres not a game yet to be made that competes.

Just out of curiosity, but why are you comparing them to Stern's bottom line games? Why not compare them to their Premium or LE games? Spooky does not take things out that effect gameplay so they can sell a budget model. With that thinking, all Spooky game playfields are "fully loaded", so then you should be comparing it to Stern's fully loaded playfield models, not their stripped down models.

Get the starting point correct and then you can start comparing.

#91 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Because there is a market for Stern Pros.
    Everyone arguing aboot the prices between toppers and powder coatings etc etc doesn't mean anything to me; I'm not interested in that stuff and don't want to pay for it and go through the trouble of selling it.
    I own a JJP machine that cost 2K more than some Stern Pros, it doesn't make either one "better" or "worse."
    The bean counting aspect of ownership is such a drag now.

And I agree with you on the cosmetic add-ons. I just don't understand the idea of changing gameplay between models by cutting things out of the actual game itself, which Stern does and Spooky doesn't. I just think that if you are going to compare price points, it is hard to do that with one that is a stripped down gameplay experience to one that has everything. If you are doing that within the same company for gameplay comparisons, great. But to take a game that is missing part of it and saying it is "better because it is cheaper" when comparing it to a game that has everything in it, I just disagree with the previous poster going that route.

I am with you in the "one is not necessarily better than the other because of price" aspect. I am just pointing out the flaw in what he is trying to compare.

#93 4 years ago
    Quoted from inhomearcades:

Because I am saying that Stern's "bottom line" games are just as feature rich as Spooky's games. Theres not much of a difference and if anything I give the edge to Stern.
    There is nothing wrong with either company, I like them both.

I don't agree that this is a valid argument either. Every game is different, regardless of company. Some Stern games have more features than other Stern games regardless of pro, premium, or LE level. And some JJP more than other JJP, and so on... That is a game title to title argument. Otherwise you could cherry pick all day long. Many of Stern games are loaded with features, then there are games that are barren. Same could be said for any company that has put out more than 2 games.

All of Spooky's games have way more features than a Beatles Gold. So what does that mean?

And I like both companies too.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider calfdemon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/if-stern-was-making-rick-and-morty?tu=calfdemon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.