(Topic ID: 57543)

If Star Trek isn't the next pin...I'm pretty sure The Muppets is.

By hassellcastle

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 84 posts
  • 62 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Joe_Blasi
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

stat.jpg
kermits.jpg
wolveranimal.jpg
imagesMT.jpeg
kermit.gif
There are 84 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

Kind of excited about this.
I really have no interest in Star Trek. I'm sure it may be a great game and I know Steve can design a great game, it's just the theme isn't there for me. I've never been a Trekkie fan.

Anyhow I don't know if anyone caught Jody's prick tease on Facebook a couple of weeks ago, but he posted the youtube video done by The Muppets performing Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody.

Was it just a tease? Or a hint of things to come? Will this be John Trudeau's first game with Stern?
Inquiring mind wants to know.

Personally I think it's a great theme and it's time less. Muppets have been around for a long time and there are so many great things they can do with this machine. Young and old will enjoy this game. While Shrek I could see as being more "kid friendly", I wouldn't be surprised if I saw a Muppets Pinball in a bar.

I can see it now.
Order yours now - ANIMAL Limited Edition - Only 500, game is tricked out in bright orange metallic powder coat. Has a bouncing Animal at the drums in the rear of the playfield that jiggles like Sparky.

Could also be a Kermit Limited Edition of 500, game is tricked out in green powder coat.

All of this is just on speculation, I'm taking a guess. Either way if it does happen. I think I could definitely get into this title. I think my kiddo's would like it too.

I'm estimating it will either be the next title coming out this fall, bumping Star Trek to the first quarter of 2014..or vice versa.

....discuss

#2 10 years ago

Even better - Queen themed. A reissue of Flash Gordon with tons of music.

Oh, and no one is a 'Trekkie fan' even trekkies. It's very territorial, perhaps even more than Star Wars vs. Star Trek. I'm a DS9'er.

#3 10 years ago

They've been hinting Muppets for about a year now...even before X-men. Would be an interesting choice

#4 10 years ago

Swedish Chef wizard mode?

#5 10 years ago

Muppets would be a welcome breath of fresh air from Marvel and Ye Olde White Rocke Band

#6 10 years ago

Yes.
Swedish Chef Meatball Multiball .

"Ah heedee hurrdeee"

#7 10 years ago

experiment time with beaker

#8 10 years ago

Wakka Wakka Wizard Mode!

#9 10 years ago

Agree it would be a breath of fresh air, but going from Metallica to Muppets, is well..a huge move.

Let's just hope that My Little Pony isn't on the horizon (although my 2 daughters would be stoked!).

Michael

#10 10 years ago

Michael, a lot of Bronies would disagree with you.

#11 10 years ago

My very own game, how jolly decent of them.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

Michael, a lot of Bronies would disagree with you.

Bronies! lol...

Embarrasing enough that I know many of the ponies names as well (comes in handy during playtime...)....

#13 10 years ago

I love love love the Muppets. No interest in a Muppets pin. Would much rather see a Pixar related title. Or, I don't know, a new Star Wars?

#14 10 years ago

While the Muppets would appeal to kids, Im not sure the LE market would take off like it has for other recent titles. It certainly could be coming, but it's going to be for a different segment of the market IMO. At least I won't have to be tempted to buy it though, so that's good.

#15 10 years ago

It's time to meet the muppets in this wizard mode tonight ...

#16 10 years ago

I've heard only "1" LE model choice from here on out. Market is saturated and dealers don't want to be stuck with the "lesser desired" LE model.

#17 10 years ago

yessssssss!!

kermit.gifkermit.gif

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

yessssssss!!

A guy I used to work with did that skit on youtube. The video (disclaimer - offensive material!!!!) is:

(Disclaimer - offensive material)

Really a very tasteful scene I doubt that would make it to the pinball machine, but who knows right?

#20 10 years ago

SIGN ME UP!!!!!

#21 10 years ago

Theme would be cool, but it would not be something to own in a small collection. It would do well on route I bet...

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from bailorgana:

I love love love the Muppets.

Oh my I think that it is time to go watch Pro wrestling now.....

#23 10 years ago

Munsters........

Listen to me now and believe me later.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Munsters........
Listen to me now and believe me later.
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

Pumping up the theme I see John...

#25 10 years ago

Statler: That George Burns is a great singer!
Waldorf: Well so am I, Statler!
S: What?!
W: Sure! Hey, you wanna hear me sing?
S: Only if you sing tenor.
W: Tenor?
S: Ten or eleven miles away! HA HA HA HA HA!

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

I've heard only "1" LE model choice from here on out. Market is saturated and dealers don't want to be stuck with the "lesser desired" LE model.

Good move. Next step is to eliminate LE all together and stick with Premium/Pro models

#27 10 years ago

cant wait,no really!

imagesMT.jpegimagesMT.jpeg

#28 10 years ago

I'm excited.

been hearing munsters for a while but not totally buying it

Where's walking dead though? Next year?

#29 10 years ago

I wouldn't have a choice but to find the money to buy a Muppets pin if it's done well.

My kids, especially my son, are in to muppets big time.

#30 10 years ago

Might be interesting. Mode progression similar to MB. You go around making shots to collect muppets and their instruments to get the band back together.

Or if not the band approach, you could collect muppets and perform their "acts"(modes) on stage. Perform all their "acts" to start the Wizard mode "Curtain call"

#31 10 years ago

Muppets would be my top choice for a theme and I'd have almost no choice but to buy one! The Muppet Show was my absolute favorite show growing up... Would be nice if it wasn't for another year or two though since my first child will be born in December and I have other things I need to spend money on! Would look nice in the baby's room though

#32 10 years ago

A table based on The Muppets would be awesome. Every time there's a thread somewhere for "what theme would you most like to see for a table" I always go with The Muppets. So much material to work with there.

#33 10 years ago

I'm in for Muppets LE, someone take my money. I'll preorder the shit out of that sight unseen like a good Stern Fanboy. It could be a Gomez/Waison clusterfsck and I'd still buy it on theme alone.

-Wes

#34 10 years ago

Distributor told me Angry Birds was next.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

Distributor told me Angry Birds was next.

Really? Thats so 2011.

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

Really? Thats so 2011.

I know, but might be a good family friendly choice. On Muppets, ST, and Angry Birds, I would not be interested in any one those. Besides, STTNG will still be better.

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Wise move IMO.

No way I can move on a pin if one comes before Star Trek so kind of glad some of these possible themes don't appeal to me. Equally as glad that some others seem to be happy about the rumors.

#38 10 years ago

Count me in! (if it's true.)

#39 10 years ago

I think it would do well, makes a nice change from comics and rock and roll. I am sure would have some good humor thrown in for good measure

#40 10 years ago

I'm not really interested in the theme, but Angry Birds could certainly work as the first Stern machine with an LCD in the backbox for the video mode.

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from Jeux:

I'm not really interested in the theme, but Angry Birds could certainly work as the first Stern machine with an LCD in the backbox for the video mode.

And leave the king of pinball firsts, Mr Ritchie as #2? Nah, IF Stern's LCD is soon (it's been rumored since before WoF), then my bet is it's Steve's game.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#42 10 years ago

Muppets are owned by Disney now, as Marvel (partly?) so all the licencing would be easier as the steps have been made before.

I assume, I mean I have no idea

But angry birds would suck. I hate angry birds with a fiery passion.

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

And leave the king of pinball firsts, Mr Ritchie as #2? Nah, IF Stern's LCD is soon (it's been rumored since before WoF), then my bet is it's Steve's game.
--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

Star Trek won't be an LCD game. (Possibly a color dmd style LCD with dots an interface board) but not graphics like you all are expecting from an LCD. Not happening.

#44 10 years ago

Muppets Muppets Muppets. Ill start selling stuff if needed. Take my money already.

You know the saying happy wife happy life.

Make muppets and someone will be the happiest girl on earth.

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

Really? Thats so 2011.

I wouldn't say ACDC was cutting edge and they did ok with that theme

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

Muppets would be a welcome breath of fresh air from Marvel and Ye Olde White Rocke Band

Even though I just got a Metallica, this made me laugh pretty hard.

I think if they did Muppets my fiance would want it more than I would. Which would make it easy to get in the door.

#47 10 years ago

Muppets would be a welcome breath of fresh air from Marvel

that depends

wolveranimal.jpgwolveranimal.jpg

#48 10 years ago

How about another one of those wonderful presales.

kermits.jpgkermits.jpg

#49 10 years ago

Market is saturated regardless of how many Le models there are.....I can't believe they would do another pin before Star Trek, makes no sense, as they are trying to push through popular premiums like AC/DC and Metallica....

There is only so much $$$ to soak up all this inventory and the recent pricing isn't just due to a summer slowdown......

#50 10 years ago

Not a fan.

stat.jpgstat.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monument, CO
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 84 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/if-star-trek-isnt-the-next-pinim-pretty-sure-the-muppets-is and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.