(Topic ID: 93347)

If PPS remakes a Capcom, which would you want to buy?

By metallik

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 44 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by RobT
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which Capcom would you prefer to buy if PPS were to remake one?”

• Pinball Magic 7 votes
    6%
  • Airborne 2 votes
    2%
  • Breakshot 2 votes
    2%
  • Flipper Football 2 votes
    2%
  • Big Bang Bar 45 votes
    38%
  • Kingpin 59 votes
    50%

(117 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 6 years ago

Surprised no one's come up with this basic question. Which Capcom would you prefer to buy if PPS goes that way?

BBB Big Bang Bar
KP Kingpin

.. or hell, why not

PM Pinball Magic
BS Breakshot
FF Flipper Football
AB Airborne

Poll listed in order of release. Leaving off Redline as I don't think it's close to being a complete game

#2 6 years ago

kinda OT....but first thing I would hope they would do is help us with parts that can't be found...(for all the capcom games)....

re-make....hard to say, never played BBB or KP...but from what I have read, either one sounds like a winner

#3 6 years ago

I would prefer to see KP redone. BBB would be cool too.

#4 6 years ago

You can speculate all you like, There is not going to be a capcom remake! or more specificly a BBB re-remake.

These threads are usually created by members who are trying to score a bbb for cheap!

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from KingKadia:

You can speculate all you like, There is not going to be a capcom remake! or more specificly a BBB re-remake.
These threads are usually created by members who are trying to score a bbb for cheap!

Your opinion is noted.

If PPS was only going to make one Capcom Remake, I prefer Kingpin.

Marcus

#6 6 years ago

^^^^ Oh its Donald Trump.

Your the guy who wants a BBB for 10k? Wuhahaha

You better start praying for a remake then! Because its your only chance of owning one!

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from KingKadia:

Um no!These threads are started because very real factors point in that direction. You could be right about it not being made but rumors start when PPS who broke the remake barrier with MM carts off a BB at the last show. Then buys all rights and garbage left over from Gene who goes bankrupt. Facts are creating these rumors. Again still rumors but certainly coming from strong places.

#8 6 years ago

None if they're more than $5500

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from KingKadia:

^^^^ Oh its Donald Trump.
Your the guy who wants a BBB for 10k? Wuhahaha
You better start praying for a remake then! Because its your only chance of owning one!

Yep. That's me!

Prayers sent!

Marcus

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Um no!These threads are started because very real factors point in that direction. You could be right about it not being made but rumors start when PPS who broke the remake barrier with MM carts off a BB at the last show. Then Buys all rights and garbage left over from Gene who goes bankrupt. Facts are creating these rumors. Again still rumors but certainly coming from strong places.

Yes and members like to act on these rumours to scare BBB owners into selling for prices such as....10k?

#11 6 years ago

Nice break shots sit unsold for $1500 all the time. Why would they remake this title?

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from KingKadia:

More speculation. Look BBB may be remade. If PPS has the money and determines its in their financial interest to remake it - then it gets remade.............

#13 6 years ago

2 thumbs down already? Its only an opinion! This is what these forums are for!

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from KingKadia:

Dude, I have a bbb I'm trying to score a kingpin!

Lovin' the PM votes... that game rocks!

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

Nice break shots sit unsold for $1500 all the time. Why would they remake this title?

For completeness only. I'd almost do the 1M to one odds against this one...

#16 6 years ago

I don't think BBB is an instant slam dunk yes, to be honest. I've only played the game a handful of times and i think it's very average. I think after the initial 100 or so, there aren't very many people that would want the thing at the $8K range. I assume they would want just as much if not more for this title, if remade.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from KingKadia:

2 thumbs down already? Its only an opinion! This is what these forums are for!

Thumbs down just means disagree. Like yours, its a different opinion.

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

I don't think BBB is an instant slam dunk yes, to be honest. I've only played the game a handful of times and i think it's very average. I think after the initial 100 or so, there aren't very many people that would want the thing at the $8K range. I assume they would want just as much if not more for this title, if remade.

No ones paying 8k for MB or AFM. maybe for BBB although 7k would sell more. PPS will figure out the sweetspot.

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from KingKadia:

Please site your proof.

Sure, speculating that there will be a remake IS speculation...but that speculation is based on facts:

1. PPS now owns IPB
2. PPS has remade MM
3. PPS is likely to leverage their ownership of IPB by remaking their expensive in-demand game.

Those are the facts. What are yours to lead us to believe that there won't be a Capcom remake?

#21 6 years ago

BBB for sure.

KP possibly (but I would have to see and play it first)

Can't imagine there ever being enough of the market for the others to be practical candidates.

#22 6 years ago

Never played KP or seen one personally but I think I would prefer BBB. I have played it and I do like it

#23 6 years ago

BBB for sure...the "cool factor" is just off the charts. KP is pretty cool, but I've found it to be kind of easy - and I'm not that into the gangster theme or "grey" art. Smooth fast player for sure though, I think it would be really popular with the flow police!

#24 6 years ago

BBB is the only one I would have interest in shelling out money for.

#25 6 years ago

You can pick up a pinball magic for around $3500 and I think it is just as good as BBB. Its kind of funny that people think BBB is the Holey Grail. I like it and I would buy one but it aint worth what people are paying for it now. If I had expendable cash though I would buy one.

#26 6 years ago

Even a remake I probably couldn't afford, but if there were to be one made it would be BBB (love space themes)

#27 6 years ago

Kingpin for me as I've never played one.

#28 6 years ago

KINGPIN! Most definitely.

Why go back! Go forward and produce a game like KP or Williiams Wizard blocks

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Kingpin, Red Line Fever, Zingy Bingy.
No particular order.
LTG : )™

Damn, forgot to add ZB... it was close enough to done to count!

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

You can pick up a Pinball Magic for around $3500 and I think it is just as good as BBB. Its kind of funny that people think BBB is the Holey Grail. I like it and I would buy one but it aint worth what people are paying for it now. If I had expendable cash though I would buy one.

Yep... I added the "other" games to the poll primarily for PM... it's rare and cool enough to have a slight chance, if the remakes really take off. It'd be nice to buy one with new boards, proper LED support and sling assemblies that don't destroy themselves.

Anyone ever repeatedly shoot the hat to collect all the Vanish awards? Some killer animations there...

#31 6 years ago

Kingpin would be the only one I would actually buy. Guessing we're talking a roughly $8k price point for it NIB. This is coming from someone who has never bought NIB, so that says something.

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

No ones paying 8k for MB or AFM. maybe for BBB although 7k would sell more. PPS will figure out the sweetspot.

Did i say that? I was basing the price off of what MMR is selling for. I would assume they would want similar money or more for a game that trades hands for more. I'm sure there's a sweetspot on this somewhere and they'll figure it out if they make it.

I honestly think they'd do more volume with mb or afm at a lower pricepoint but who knows what will be more profitable.

We can all agree that they'll make the games that are the most profitable first, correct?

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Please site your proof.
Sure, speculating that there will be a remake IS speculation...but that speculation is based on facts:
1. PPS now owns IPB
2. PPS has remade MM
3. PPS is likely to leverage their ownership of IPB by remaking their expensive in-demand game.
Those are the facts. What are yours to lead us to believe that there won't be a Capcom remake?

MM was a very very popular game! Many people played it, that is why it got a remake...it will appeal to non collectors too!

Kingpin , Not many people have played it, let alone heard about it! Its rare, very rare! It will only appeal to collectors...pre order.

There are many games that will get a remake before Kingpin...if that even happens...thats just my opinion!!

The pinball business is not just about the collectors!

#34 6 years ago

I'd like to see Red Line Fever made, also KP...

#35 6 years ago

Kingpin would interest me.

#36 6 years ago

BBB really doesn't do a whole lot for me gameplay wise. The theme and half naked aliens are what get me in. Kingpin, I've never played so I'd be down for that.

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from KingKadia:

MM was a very very popular game! Many people played it, that is why it got a remake...it will appeal to non collectors too!
Kingpin , Not many people have played it, let alone heard about it! Its rare, very rare! It will only appeal to collectors...pre order.
There are many games that will get a remake before Kingpin...if that even happens...thats just my opinion!!
The pinball business is not just about the collectors!

I get your opinion, but why would KP not interest people based on not hearing about it or playing it? How would that be different than a new Stern?

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

BBB is the only one I would have interest in shelling out money for.

Have you played King Pin?

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Have you played King Pin?

Nope. Art package means a lot to me though and I know I like BBB's gameplay, theme, and sound package.

#40 6 years ago

Just buy everything.

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Nope. Art package means a lot to me though and I know I like BBB's gameplay, theme, and sound package.

I'm not a big fan of KP's backglass or cabinet art, but I played it at CAX two years ago about 20+ times and really enjoyed the shots. If they did a KPLE with a better art package, it would for sure have to be my first NIB purchase.

Also played BBB at CAX.

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from mjenison:

If they did a KPLE with a better art package

Fair point, they could change the art package I would assume to make it better?

#43 6 years ago

KP may be Mark Ritchie's best game. I've played it enough to theorize but not enough to cement.. yet.

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Yep, art package means a lot to me too, no doubt. And BBB wins in that department, but I think it loses in the gameplay department to KP. As important as art package/appearance is to me, I'm still going with gameplay first.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Phoenix, AZ
$ 52.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 499.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside