(Topic ID: 139848)

If pins were suddenly 30% more would you buy?

By SuperPinball

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Would you accept paying 30% more for pins?”

• Yah I love pinball and I would pay 30% or more on pins 15 votes
      6%
    • Hell no, pin prices are high as it is. 30% more means I'm out 164 votes
      66%
    • I will be selective and buy fewer but hit titles only 53 votes
      21%
    • other 15 votes
      6%

(247 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

dr__seuss_(resized).jpg
    33563210_(resized).jpg
    download_2.jpg
    projects.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballophobe.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 8 years ago

Yes I would pay 30% more.

If it's something I like and want. $2500-3000 or do more for a stern LE or $3000-4000 more for a JJP.

I want to enjoy the time I have on this earth and I don't want to look back and say "I should have bought that". If I wasted my money. No big deal. Money can be made back.

Like frolic said. We had it good for the last 8 years or so.

3 months later
    #79 8 years ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

I just priced a TWD pro at the only distributor in Canada $7678 + shipping which makes it close to $7798.35 = Insanity Now just for fun the new GOT topper is $819 dollars excluding shipping or brokerage fees = pure insanity I think the only place the topper is logical is for operators wanting to give the game even more attention.

It's really "would you buy pins if the price went up 40%?"

The answer for me is still yes if the title is something I really want. You have to ask yourself. "Do I really don't have the money or do I just really don't want to spend the money?"

When I first proposed buying ST to my friends. They thought I was crazy to spend that much and that I would get bored of it within 2 weeks. I literally play that machine everyday. My other pins not so much but when I do play. It's still a blast for me. The price of the pins isn't even a thought once the money has switched hands

#87 8 years ago
    Quoted from Luckydogg420:

This is what's upsetting to me.
    Since October the price of a premium has went up by about $1000 Canadian due to the declining dollar. Just on currency exchange the price difference almost makes up for the added cost of an LE.
    So a game of thrones LE bought 2 months ago in Canada will be almost the same cost as a premium one today, once you convert the dollar and add taxes.

An alternative is to buy a whole bunch of usd.

#95 8 years ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

I agree somewhat with what Frolic is saying. True you can get the game at roughly the same price after conversion in Canada. I could turn it around and say it's Sterns fault. They have been upping the price for the last 5 years without adding much value. The new Spike systems removed a lot of heavy components as did the BOM. Stuff like service rails, heavy power supply, metal apron, wiring have been reduced in size or replace with lighter materials. When you start adding these up the machine itself weights less than it used to which in turn saves them on freight. So instead of keeping the price the same and save on their manufacturing costs to make a bigger profit, they've done both. They are saving on one end and increasing their price on the other end.
    Now I am all for making money and business is business after all. But they did these things while the dollar was good. Now that the dollar is bad that $1K price hike in the past 5 years is now a $2K price hike here and don't even get me started on the Prem/LE. Some of us have the disposable income to pay for such things but I will assume most don't. I just sum it up to shooting yourself in the foot and realizing it's bleeding 5 years later. At this point i think it's hemorrhaging because I see only a few select people buying NIB and I rarely see anyone going in the states anymore to go pick up games. The vast majority of people are not buying and don't want to sell because then they have to shell out even more cash to pay for the other game.
    Welcome to the subprime era of pinball in Canada at least anyway.

I would say be thankful that stern builds a nib machine at a price point cheaper than everyone else. Does it offer as much dollar for dollar value compared to the competition? That's for you to decide.

Pinball like any other hobby or activity. It's as expensive as you want it to be.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballophobe.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/if-pins-were-suddenly-30-more-would-you-buy?tu=pinballophobe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.