(Topic ID: 281334)

If operators aren't going to maintain their games...

By N101AA

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3E6F1A43-A6A9-44FB-98D3-18C1028ECBF1 (resized).jpeg
    4lxp9m (resized).jpg
    tenor.gif
    IMG_20200903_095045 (resized).jpg
    DSCN7326 (resized).JPG
    2C2975DA-8BA3-4941-9A85-C2809BDAD081 (resized).jpeg
    images (resized).jpeg
    0A538346-2FCB-473F-B198-6DA573B6DB96 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider teamhex.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 3 years ago

I don't think anyone should have their property taken away. Operators should maintain their games though. If I put money in something and it doesn't work...that's a problem. Minor issues can be over looked, but not getting what you're paying for is an issue. If you ordered a burger and fries and only got the burger, you'd probably complain right? Or does it take not getting the whole meal to be a problem?

"Simple. Just buy your own games and maintain them to your hearts desire.".

Some of can't afford to do that and have to spend $20 at a time to enjoy playing newer pins. Perfect example of a comment that fits my "us and them" complaint about the users here. Not all of us can afford pins, but the ones who can act like everyone can. I'll most likely never own a newer Stern or Jersey Jack. I'm fine with that, but these types of comments are just out of touch and come off as elitist. I get what you're saying on an objective level, but it doesn't come off in a good way.

#27 3 years ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

Poor op was just upset about his experience and everyone jumps on him.
    Personally, I dont know why pinball machines are ever on location. They have like an 85% chance to be not working perfectly.

Yeah based on his comment it's silly since he knew, but it's a legit complaint about some owner/operators.
    If OP were so inclined he could ask to speak to the owner of them so he could offer to buy them. Might get a good deal if the person is just tired of them taking up space and not making money.

#43 3 years ago

Color reversed pac-man, love it

#87 3 years ago

That is amazing. Who wouldn't love to have a Pingrill?

#89 3 years ago
    Quoted from kevmad:

I agree with the OP. I'm not sure why he's getting so much hate. Pins on location are the way to bring newbies into the hobby. If a person who's never played pinball walks up to a game all excited and puts quarters in and it doesn't even work, that leaves a sour taste in their mouth and they never want to play pinball again.
    I personally saw this at a bowling alley near my house. There was a POTC in awful condition, looked filthy and the flippers barely worked. I saw a kid walk up to it, put money in and was initially excited. Then he tried to play, got frustrated, and walked away during the game, didn't even finish the game. I'll bet that kid never ever plays pinball again.
    Poorly maintained, barely working, filthy games on location drive newbies away from our hobby.
    We should all want pins on location to be clean and well maintained to give our hobby a good reputation.

I think it's because he said they should have the machine taken away.
    I understand the sentiment, and don't agree with that detail....but some operators took it personally. Maybe it hit a nerve

I agree though. If you can't come out, clean the machine, replace rubbers, and tweak it....that's a problem. Can't fix it? Remove it from service so you're not stealing people's money. Hell...at the very least put a sign on it that says out of order. I've seen both ends of the spectrum on this. Einstein's pub in Richmond, TX. 17+ machines all in great working order with mods and extras. Clearly the operator is into pinball. Then there's a local bowling alley that has a 1 pin, a family guy in terrible shape.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider teamhex.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/if-operators-aren-t-going-to-maintain-their-games?tu=teamhex and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.