(Topic ID: 281334)

If operators aren't going to maintain their games...

By N101AA

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3E6F1A43-A6A9-44FB-98D3-18C1028ECBF1 (resized).jpeg
    4lxp9m (resized).jpg
    tenor.gif
    IMG_20200903_095045 (resized).jpg
    DSCN7326 (resized).JPG
    2C2975DA-8BA3-4941-9A85-C2809BDAD081 (resized).jpeg
    images (resized).jpeg
    0A538346-2FCB-473F-B198-6DA573B6DB96 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SadSack.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#91 3 years ago
    Quoted from N101AA:

If I were in charge of the universe, any operators that do not maintain their games at public locations should have their games confiscated and given to an owner that will actually take care of them.
    Last month while on vacation in IL, I went to a place in a small town that had about 10 games. The most recent comments about the place on the Pinside map and Pinball Map site reported in 2017 that the games were in poor condition. During my visit I found the games were even in worse shape and have received zero attention the past several years.
    Fast forward to today while on vacation I found a place with 3 games in a small town in OR. They were reported to be in poor condition in 2019 and today I found their condition has not changed and they are clearly not maintained at all.
    If you aren't going to maintain your games on public location, then they need to go to a better home...

You should go out and buy brand new games and take the accounts. It sounds like you have it all figured out.

#92 3 years ago
    Quoted from kevmad:

Well, obviously the OP was being facetious, trying to make a point. We should all want location games that newbies pay money for to be in good working order, to leave a good impression on them, wanting them to play more, not less.

Truth. If Ops and Locations don't care, they don't make money.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SadSack.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/if-operators-aren-t-going-to-maintain-their-games?tu=SadSack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.