139130673_1eb3f70b15_z.jpg
Sheen.jpeg
mm1.jpg
wc.jpg
6xl0hzt.gif
dimples.jpg
arnold_wasted.jpg
Dr_Shasta.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmods.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#150 10 years ago

Based on the current values, 1000 would be easy to sell at $7-8k. Gee, should I save my money for the next movie themed pin with chintzy artwork, plastics and wireforms from Stern or buy a timeless, original themed classic with beautiful artwork that Stern hasn't topped since it went out of production. Such a tough decision.

And to the guy comparing a $5,000,000 Hemi 'Cuda to cloned Hemi Cuda's that are worth a fraction of that. I believe there are 6 of those real Hemi 'Cuda convertibles in existence. Slightly different bro.

#161 10 years ago

Anyone thinking that reproductions wont plummet the value of original machines is smoking crack.

Right now a worn and routed MM goes for about $6-$8000. People buying them know the parts and labor cost of restoring them means they are still above water if they go to sell. Originality means nothing when you have to fully restore the machine with repro parts.

Try asking $6-$8000 for a worn original machine when they are available NIB for around that price. Those machines will instantly drop in price to about $4000-5. Restored machines that people were asking $12,000+ for will drop big time. Original machines that are flawless or NIB are the only examples that will hold any of their current value and that's only to a handful of purists. 95% of the people who long for an MM will take a reproduction any day of the week.

Supply meeting demand will be awesome as so many more people will be able to enjoy it. 1000 unit production run would be a no-brainer. Who in the hell would buy an Avatar 2 or whatever current "blockbuster" trash license Stern in peddling over a NIB MM? Besides the fanboys.

#172 10 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

Its doubtful they would want to ruin their place in the pinball community by crashing the value of the existing games out there for their owners.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Are you for real?

In your eyes, giving MORE pinball machines to MORE people would "ruin their place in the pinball community"? So in your brain, less machines, the better? The "value" of the machines needs to be protected eh? That's what the hobby is about to you? The monetary value of the machines? Screw giving the opportunity for more people to have a chance to own a machine they love, eh? Sorry guys, I don't want the value of my machine to drop. None for you!

Post edited by TigerLaw25 : Deleted two sentences. You made your point, but please be polite

#183 10 years ago

Amen to these last two posts. This hobby should be about as many people as possible being able to enjoy pinball, not "you're going to ruin your standing in the hobby" if you help more people to enjoy the games that they dream of owning. Greedy profit hounds do not benefit anyone.

#185 10 years ago

Regarding the quality of wood...

I had Christopher Hutchin's at High-End Pins clearcoat my IJ playfield a few years back. Arguably the best in the business. Within 5 plays it had dimples throughout. Has NOTHING to do with the quality of the wood.

#188 10 years ago

Just curious. Why do people give a crap about a pinball machines "rating"? I don't see how that is important in any way. Play a particular machine and you either like it or you don't. Why does group approval/rejection matter?

#213 10 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

I'm not taking about all stern, only the bad titles. I wrote before that since the operator days, people have made money back, and only gone up from there. While there were low times when most ops were purging, they had made their profit, and the selling the machines cheap around 2000 was still for profit. After this, prices have only gone up, and you by at x, and have always expected to make x+.
This has been consistent for a while, and despite everyone taking about bubble this and bubble that, I didn't see how that could change. If all sterns were winners for the most part, I wouldn't see a change, but since most are losers, and on top of that, more of a loser than your previous machines with the "LE", there is now this money invested that is not being returned to the pinball investor to yet invest again, but to gary stern directly, and with the mass losses on titles such as Avengers and xmen and avaturd and the others to the pinball buyer, the community as a whole sees a loss in my opinion. The affects everyone and all values, and the money that is out there to invest.
If people keep buying into this blue koolaid LE and paying for lessor quality games than we were even getting 10 years ago from stern, I can see this eating enough money to make a dent in this hobby.

Amen.

Those pumping up Stern machines are going to get more of the same mediocity, year after year. IE cheaper versions of BW games from the "golden age". Zero innovation. Just cost cutting and price raising. Sad.

#219 10 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I just do not see the need to remake MM unless they improve it. Why not make a game with low production run like CC and finish the code.

Says the guy with 33 pins including a MM.

Not everyone has wallets that deep. Giving those people a chance to buy what is arguably the greatest pin of all time at a "reasonable" price is nothing but great.

A remake is obviously "needed" as that demand is handily outstripping the supply. Hence the over 10k price. If Stern can sell out 500 "LE" editions of whatever pin and that ends up in the aftermarket for only a $1000 premium, a MM remake would blow that out of the water sales-wise.

#240 10 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

There's one on Seattle CL right now for $8950. There's no reason to remake these, they can still be had for a reasonable price, you just have to be patient.
seattle.craigslist.org link

Hey guys. He's right. There's a used one here for $9000. There's no reason to remake these. This fake craigslist ad proves it. There's obviously zero demand for this pin, that's why they go for $10,000+. Genius.

The posts on this forum are amazing sometimes.

#256 10 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

But... if that were to happen, wouldn't that encourage manufacturers to prove that their games are better so that they can keep selling them, fostering further competition?

Bingo.

Stern has had the market to itself for 15 years or whatever it is and they have made nothing that is more desirable than a MM. The selling price for MM's proves it as most Sterns have been produced in far lower numbers than MM.

This remake is coming. 100%. There's too much money to be made on it to ignore it.

#257 10 years ago

Also, I miss White Castle damn it.

2 weeks later
#280 10 years ago

I just wanted to chime back in and say TOLD YA!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 9.95
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 64.99
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmods.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/if-new-mm-comes?tu=pinmods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.