139130673_1eb3f70b15_z.jpg
Sheen.jpeg
mm1.jpg
wc.jpg
6xl0hzt.gif
dimples.jpg
arnold_wasted.jpg
Dr_Shasta.jpg

There are 294 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.
#101 10 years ago
Quoted from Don1:

Has any machine with an original production run over 1000 ever been remade 10 years later by another company?

TSPP is close to 10 years. Don't know exactly when the last run was made, same company though.

#102 10 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Everybody knows that all MM nib wil be sold in a day just like metle and gets sold to 15k nib on cl or ebay.

I don't know that.

#103 10 years ago
Quoted from Don1:

Has any machine with an original production run over 1000 ever been remade 10 years later by another company?

King of Diamonds

#104 10 years ago

fireball (kinda)

#105 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I don't know that.

Trust me if MM ever gets reproduced and sold for 7k NIB, it will happen as i have described!

#106 10 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Chances for a remake a MM is much bigger then selling them nib for 7k. Everybody knows that all MM nib wil be sold in a day just like metle and gets sold to 15k nib on cl or ebay. Jjp is more clewer then this.
A rerun price will me much higher then 7k. Thats business

I don't want to repeat myself - but they sell for $15k because they're RARE. Once you're mass producing new ones, you can't sell it on rare factor anymore! You're better off selling it at a normal-ish competitive market price. If NIB JJP & Stern games are ~$7-8k, and that's with the expense of newly created resources...logic dictates that this game can sell for the same price or less and be MORE profitable than those games....especially if they want to move big numbers.

I'm trying to think of a comparison that makes sense...OK, I had a rare copy of Little Shop of Horrors on DVD that had a black-and-white workprint of the original never-before-seen ending. This was recalled the day it came out, so only a few people got to snag one before it was reissued without the alternate ending. For a while, this DVD was worth $100 or so. Last year, a new Blu-Ray came out with the alternate ending (in color & integrated into the film)...Did the Blu-Ray sell for $100 "because it could"? Nah, you can get it for $20. ...at that point, the rarity and demand for the old rare DVD became moot...now it's worth nothing.

Here's another - I had a rare Japanese Sega Saturn game called Radiant Silvergun. I think the disc was worth about $250 for the longest time...a few year ago a HD Remake came out for Xbox 360 - Did they charge hundreds? Nope, $15 ...demand for the old rare version dropped....granted, I still think it's worth $100 or so. But yeah, I think the same thing would happen with a MM repro. Price would be equivalent to other comparable new product & price for the original would drop a bit.

....but it's all purely speculation.

#107 10 years ago

Well if I was the business of selling MMs and the buyers told me they could sell them for 15k in one day, guess what I would start selling them for?

#108 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Well if I was the business of selling MMs and the buyers told me they could sell them for 15k in one day, guess what I would start selling them for?

Hmm, sell 20? at 15K, or several hundred at 7K.

If there was a 15K MM in the market place (like, every month), how long does it take to sell?

How long and how many do you think would sell at 7K?

There has been a $12.5 K MM up here for sale for about 2 months now. Im sure if it was priced at 7 it would be sold.

Post edited by smokedog : kijiji MM for sale

#109 10 years ago

Well whatever (and ifever) they decide to sell them for, if its 10k+ (or 8k+ for that matter) I'm out for sure, just like I've been out at the price for the past few years. I think I am in good company with this stance as well. If I was willing to pay that much for an MM, I'd already have one by now.

#110 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

*sigh* ....again.

Rarity goes away when you mass produce something....and when you mass produce something you want to sell MASS amounts. I won't buy a MM today for $15k. I'm not gonna buy a repro for $15k. I'll sure as f*ck buy one for $8k, though.

#111 10 years ago

First. I think at some point it is likely that some of the classic titles will be remade. It's very logical that of there is money to be made someone will find a way to do it. I believe the demand is there and eventually a supply will meet it. I think it would impact value of original machines, but originals would most likely always command a higher price. As long as build quality was there, I would buy any repro in a heartbeat. I have MM and honestly for me the value is not an issue because I love it and never plan on selling it.

#112 10 years ago

I am lower middle class, I was "out" of the MM market before I even started this hobby a year ago.

I might be able to swing a remake for 6k-8k if I save my pennies, but me buying a remake will not remove me from the pool of people who could buy an original for 15k, I was never in the pool. The impact of my purchase of a MM will have zero impact on the "MM market".

That being said... Take my money now! Oh wait, I don't have any.

#113 10 years ago

LE version is going to have LEDs, color DMD, choice of 3 colors/finishes for body armor, a unique topper, improved speakers, and mirrored backglass. The number is only going to be limited by the pre-order deposits plus up to a 20% dealer over allotment based on that dealers confirmed pre-orders. MSRP will be $8495.

The regular version is going to look bone stock and will be $1500 less MSRP (6995).

I have revealed too much already. Please do not ask any questions.

#114 10 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

LE version is going to have LEDs, color DMD, choice of 3 colors/finishes for body armor, a unique topper, improved speakers, and mirrored backglass. The number is only going to be limited by the pre-order deposits plus up to a 20% dealer over allotment based on that dealers confirmed pre-orders. MSRP will be $8495.

The regular version is going to look bone stock and will be $1500 less MSRP (6995).

F@$&, if this is real I'm probably in.

#115 10 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

If that's true (and I hope it is and your not just yanking us) that will be awesome. Just need to decide between LE and stock, because I would be getting one for sure. Seems like with the $400 color DMD, mirrored backgrass, better speakers $150, LEDs, $150, topper ?200ish?, body armor 150, an LE would make some degree of sense.

#116 10 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Here's hoping you actually have a real inside scoop and not just blowing smoke. If true this would ROCK, and the pricing vs options is just about right for stock and LE models.

To be successful, however, it would need to use real Bally/Wms parts and have that authentic feel.

#117 10 years ago

guys - i totally made that up. But, that pricing and LE strategy would make a lot of sense.

#118 10 years ago

Although it sounds plausible, I'm going to say this is a chain yank. The reason is the ColorDMD thing. Those guys have a very hard time sourcing their displays, so it doesn't seem plausible for them to be able to commit to making a whole bunch of these things on demand as would be required for this project.

If we're playing the "what if" game using RTR's numbers, I'm pretty sure I'd be in on a MM at $7000. I only want some of the stuff the LE would bring, and it's not $1500 worth to me, so I'd probably just add it on my own.

#119 10 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

guys - i totally made that up. But, that pricing and LE strategy would make a lot of sense.

oh man, really?...

#120 10 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Man you suck!! I got amped up there for a few minutes. PMed JJ and everything.

#121 10 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Sorry! I want this to happen as bad as everyone else. The economics of this make a lot of sense. I cannot believe someone wouldn't take a shot at this if they had the opportunity. JJ is the obvious choice in my opinion.

#122 10 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Sorry! I want this to happen as bad as everyone else. The economics of this make a lot of sense. I cannot believe someone wouldn't take a shot at this if they had the opportunity. JJ is the obvious choice in my opinion.

What you listed for the LE got me drooling and I was ready to jump like a tiger hunting an gazelle. The prices you mentioned is spot on what they should be.

#123 10 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Did you know that gullible isn't written in the dictionary?

#124 10 years ago

HahahA as i said, 7k for a nib MM is crazy low, people would jump on a deal all day long.
Hell i have a nice mm now, but for only 7k i also would by me a nib

#125 10 years ago

I like those numbers. tough decision between the "classic" and "LE" but I would definitely be in!

(also I think it's beyond obvious nobody would pay anywhere near 15k for a reproduction)

#126 10 years ago

LE for sure

#127 10 years ago
Quoted from DirtySouth:

Did you know that gullible isn't written in the dictionary?

Gullible sure, but you never know. I'm not the only one chomping at the bit on this.

#128 10 years ago

I'am in for the classic... Your MSRP (6995) is still $5 cheaper than what I am ready to pay

(OK, OK, dreaming... for now)

#129 10 years ago

I think those numbers work for the buyers, the license holders, and the manufacturer. The only remaining obstacle would be finding a willing manufacturer.

I only know of two pinball factories in the world.

#130 10 years ago

There is one more thing. What is the actual demand for this remake? If it is only 50 dudes on pinside, it will never happen.

#131 10 years ago

If they can make a profit (which should be a no-brainer lock) I can't see ANY reason why this wouldn't happen at some point.

#132 10 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Hmm, sell 20? at 15K, or several hundred at 7K.
If there was a 15K MM in the market place (like, every month), how long does it take to sell?
How long and how many do you think would sell at 7K?
There has been a $12.5 K MM up here for sale for about 2 months now. Im sure if it was priced at 7 it would be sold.
Post edited by smokedog : kijiji MM for sale

Quoted from Rarehero:

*sigh* ....again.
Rarity goes away when you mass produce something....and when you mass produce something you want to sell MASS amounts. I won't buy a MM today for $15k. I'm not gonna buy a repro for $15k. I'll sure as f*ck buy one for $8k, though.

My point exactly but there are people saying I would pay $$$ for a MM NIB.
Those dumbasses are driving up the price.

#133 10 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Are these the specs for that Lebowski?

#134 10 years ago

What would a MM purchased NIB at release and HUO since then with about 600 plays sell for?

#135 10 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

What would a MM purchased NIB at release and HUO since then with about 600 plays sell for?

look, you seem like a real straight shooter so I will give you a good deal: i'll take that hunk of junk off your hands for $2500.

#136 10 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

There is one more thing. What is the actual demand for this remake? If it is only 50 dudes on pinside, it will never happen.

If Metallica LE can sell out 500 in a minute @ $7k or so, when no one had ever played it....I think a brand new shiny MM could easily sell 500 quick @ $7k...it's a game everyone knows & wants but few can (or will) pay over $10k for.

#137 10 years ago

4000+ MM is not rare... 500 NIB would be rare, so a new MM would have to be priced higher

#138 10 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

4000+ MM is not rare... 500 NIB would be rare, so a new MM would have to be priced higher

Rare in the sense that no one wants to give theirs up unless the price is right....most MM's will stay with their owners until they're dead lol. It's just not a game you can get for a "normal" used pinball machine price. Once again - the production numbers and current pricing on used machines on this title are irrelevant to theoretical new run pricing.

#139 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

If Metallica LE can sell out 500 in a minute @ $7k or so, when no one had ever played it....I think a brand new shiny MM could easily sell 500 quick @ $7k...it's a game everyone knows & wants but few can (or will) pay over $10k for.

Have to remember that most (not all, just most) pinheads with that kind of disposable income probably already have a MM if they want one.

#140 10 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Have to remember that most (not all, just most) pinheads with that kind of disposable income probably already have a MM if they want one.

For what it's worth (hint: nothing) if a new production Madness was ever a reality, I have no doubt we would find a way to make it happen. I'm not sure how anyone in the hobby, who doesn't already have one or in some fit of delirious insanity had already convinced themselves they don't like it, could pass it up.

#141 10 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Yes this is true

METLE was a must have for me, AC/DC the same,

Now sell me your CC

#142 10 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

Are these the specs for that Lebowski?

No - I priced TBL LE lower for me and 158 of my closest friends!

#143 10 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

EXACTLEY-LeMUNTO....
Just my words

#144 10 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

A lot less after the remakes are released
You should sell this to me right away

#145 10 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Nah...I "could" buy a MM. I don't want to for 15k. For 7 or 8? Sure! I don't think I'm the only one like this.

#146 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Nah...I "could" buy a MM. I don't want to for 15k. For 7 or 8? Sure! I don't think I'm the only one like this.

Yeah what he said!

#147 10 years ago

I sold my "perfect", no decal MM for $18K.

I would not buy another for big money, but I would certainly buy it again for $7k.

#148 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

but I would certainly buy it again for $7k.

Yup, I would grab two for the route. Ever since I got rid of mine I still have players and locations asking when I am bringing one back.

#149 10 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Yup, I would grab two for the route. Ever since I got rid of mine I still have players and locations asking when I am bringing one back.

Yes at 7k you & every operator. Then the price goes up because of demand. Lol

#150 10 years ago

Based on the current values, 1000 would be easy to sell at $7-8k. Gee, should I save my money for the next movie themed pin with chintzy artwork, plastics and wireforms from Stern or buy a timeless, original themed classic with beautiful artwork that Stern hasn't topped since it went out of production. Such a tough decision.

And to the guy comparing a $5,000,000 Hemi 'Cuda to cloned Hemi Cuda's that are worth a fraction of that. I believe there are 6 of those real Hemi 'Cuda convertibles in existence. Slightly different bro.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com
Toys/Add-ons
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wolcott, CT
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods
Decals
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 26.50
$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 294 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/if-new-mm-comes/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.