139130673_1eb3f70b15_z.jpg
Sheen.jpeg
mm1.jpg
wc.jpg
6xl0hzt.gif
dimples.jpg
arnold_wasted.jpg
Dr_Shasta.jpg
There are 294 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.
#51 10 years ago

Too much talk... video of build or it's not happening...

#52 10 years ago

Heard this one is coming out right after the re-run of Iron Man.

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Too much talk... video of build or it's not happening...

I will never happen. I'll buy all of pinside a Dr. Pepper if it does

#54 10 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Make mine a diet

#55 10 years ago

At this point it's all rumor and wishes. Until something is actually announced it's all a crock and not happening. That said, put me on the pre-order list.

#56 10 years ago

imo, the possibility of "repro" a-list games is merely a case of very wishful thinking...

and even if that wishful thinking comes true... why are people assuming they would cost what a current nib would cost? since people are assuming runs of 100 or so, they'd cost a heckuva lot more than that, i would think? there's a lot of cost that we have to be recouped...

#57 10 years ago

It will either happen or it won't. I wash my hands of this.

#58 10 years ago

These threads are always hilarious. It's never gonna happen.

#59 10 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

That's a lot of Dr. Pepper.

#60 10 years ago

Gotta disagree with you here. Resto-mods, classic cars with modern drive train and customization, are going for much more than cars restored to original condition. Not sure how this might tie to pinball machines but I have to agree with Vid on my desire for upgraded electronics versus original designs. Add color changing LED's, mirror blades, powder coated armor, cleared cabinet art & high powered audio and a Resto-Mod pin will go for big money. I'm sure many will disagree on which is more desirable, just like car enthusiasts do.

Quoted from dsuperbee:

Look at muscle cars....A original Hemi Cuda will still be worth more than a repro (or clone car) every time. (I used Hemi Cuda as it is still considered one of the top desireable muscle cars, and is relatively rare.)

#61 10 years ago
Quoted from MnHotRod:

Gotta disagree with you here. Resto-mods, classic cars with modern drive train and customization, are going for much more than cars restored to original condition.

Not for the uber rare stuff. A hemi cuda convertible has traded hands for $5,000,000.00, you can buy a clone of that car for $150k.

Now if we're talking about stock 327 camaros, I agree with you.

#62 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinmeister:

It will just like the repro Shelby Cobras are worth as much as the originals.

You wish. Love reading the comments and guessing who owns a MM, MB, or CC.

#63 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinmeister:

It will just like the repro Shelby Cobras are worth as much as the originals.

please find me an original cobra that i can buy for the cost of a repro...

#65 10 years ago

Is it 2005 again??

#66 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

please find me an original cobra that i can buy for the cost of a repro...

Whoosh

#67 10 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

You wish. Love reading the comments and guessing who owns a MM, MB, or CC.

I own a CC. Took it out of the box myself. But I wish they'd make more. I think that would be pretty awesome. Don't have MM or AFM, but I'd love to see more of those too.

#68 10 years ago

*If* MM (or whatever) is remade, and that is a BIG if, it all depends on how it is done.

100 new machines at $20k apiece new would mean no changes.

1000 new machines at $5k apiece would mean some price adjustment.

Unlimited new machines at $7k apiece would guarantee price adjustment.

The thing that people seem to be forgetting here is that in big part the pricing for MM is due to the operator market, where the game earns like crazy. If you're an op, and you want the best earning pinball machine period (based on longevity, I don't know how it would hold up against WoZ or whatever) and can pick it up new for $7k, now you can. I know local ops that aren't huge into pinball any more that would purchase multiple ones of them to route.

MM has *always* been worth a premium because even back in 2001 it was outearning everything, so you would need to trade an op a LOT to get one. I have a friend who traded a NIB LOTR and $1,000 for one back then and he felt like he got a steal. The price has inflated with current operator trends still, even though more and more are ending up in homes.

If there are enough produced that operators start buying them again, AND if newer stuff starts outearning them, and there are enough produced for everyone, you'll see a pretty major price correction. But that is a LOT of IFs.

#69 10 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Where's ballypinball when you want him to post. I'm sure he's read this 20 times by now.

Read once!

If PPS think there is enough demand to remake MM or any other past Bally Williams Game in large Qty that is up to them.

It has no affect on anything I am doing at all, I am still able to manufacture the orders we had at the time we sold.

I am sure i have a ton of leftover parts they can use.

#70 10 years ago

The word is 2000 will get made at $10,000 US each, Total of $20,000,000 US

Plenty of parts required for this job, who can supply all these parts.

Who could make all these games, does anybody have a factory that is not working to full production yet, maybe this will change very soon, with increased staff and production getting ramped up big time.

Where do I pay my deposit, $10,0000 for a brand new one or $15,000 for a flogged out and reconditioned 15 year old game. Easy decision.

#71 10 years ago

Where did this rumor start? I talked with Planetary Pinball months back and was told that it will never happen and basically idea is a pipe dream. Is this going to be the next big rumor or gossip. Reminds me of ...Stern is going to do another run of Iron Man or Tron-LOL

#72 10 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

Read once!
If PPS think there is enough demand to remake MM or any other past Bally Williams Game in large Qty that is up to them.
It has no affect on anything I am doing at all, I am still able to manufacture the orders we had at the time we sold.
I am sure i have a ton of leftover parts they can use.

Thanks for at least posting Wayne. So you are saying you are still making these and they will be completed? Any comments on the stage they are at or when they will be done?

What you said is interesting though, as it raises the question of how limited a lot of spare parts may become if in fact you continue and Rick does them as well.

I'll still be shocked if either happens, but hey, GNR released Chinese Democracy, so now anything is possible.

#73 10 years ago

If you build it .. They will come..... Affordable. ??? We can only dream and or hope.

#74 10 years ago

As much as i would like to own an affordable MM, I would rather have someone design and build new games that made us forget about the old ones.

#75 10 years ago

Every new <blank> should make all previous <blank> obsolete. That's the goal every time you create a new <blank>.

Why remake MM? Let's stick to reality and just keep the pressure on for better machines from those who are actually producing pinball today.

#76 10 years ago

If the demand is there, why not remake Medieval Madness? Do something like Pinball Arcade. Start with Medieval Madness to gauge popularity and then who knows, Monster Bash?

Cheers!
Adam.

#77 10 years ago

The demand is there (for how many, who knows) but it's clear that no one with the means to make them believes it's worth the cost to do so.

Evidenced by the number of NIB MM's for sale today.

Should they? Sure
Will they? ...

#78 10 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

As much as i would like to own an affordable MM, I would rather have someone design and build new games that made us forget about the old ones.

Why is it a choice? Why can't both things happen?

#79 10 years ago

If new mm gets produced why should they only charge 7 or 8k??? When a used is at dubble price

#80 10 years ago

#81 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Why is it a choice? Why can't both things happen?

That would be fine too.

#82 10 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Stern is going to do another run of Iron Man or Tron-LOL

Stern did another remake of Tron after everyone started claiming that would never happen. Twice. They could announce Iron Man at any time.

#83 10 years ago

What, no Shasta?

Dr_Shasta.jpgDr_Shasta.jpg

#84 10 years ago
Quoted from jazzmaster:

I wholeheartedly disagree. If repro MM pinballs are produced, there is no way the original units will retain there current values.

BBB got reproduced and the original machine's value didn't go down.

#85 10 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

BBB got reproduced and the original machine's value didn't go down.

That was not really a huge production run however. Flood the market with affordable MM's and it will have an effect. Not on the HEP's and such, so much as the player's pins.

#86 10 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

If new mm gets produced why should they only charge 7 or 8k??? When a used is at dubble price

The reason used ones sell for double is supply/demand. Once you start re-making them - you have more supply to meet demand, so the price should be "reasonable". At a "Stern-ish price, you'll get lots of bites....if "flipper" prices are charged right off the bat that's going to turn people away....just because a few people pay crazy money for MM doesn't mean everyone would if the game was widely available. NIB Sterns are paying for licenses, art, programming, design, etc....if you're reproing an existing game, all of those things are done - so theoretically it shouldn't cost more than a Stern. That being said, since MM is looked upon more favorably than Sterns, they prob could charge a little bit more....but still, more people would buy it at a "reasonable" price.

#87 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The reason used ones sell for double is supply/demand. Once you start re-making them - you have more supply to meet demand, so the price should be "reasonable". At a "Stern-ish price, you'll get lots of bites....if "flipper" prices are charged right off the bat that's going to turn people away....just because a few people pay crazy money for MM doesn't mean everyone would if the game was widely available. NIB Sterns are paying for licenses, art, programming, design, etc....if you're reproing an existing game, all of those things are done - so theoretically it shouldn't cost more than a Stern. That being said, since MM is looked upon more favorably than Sterns, they prob could charge a little bit more....but still, more people would buy it at a "reasonable" price.

Reasonable prices? If MM gets reproduced its becouse a company wants to earn more money, not to help people with reasonabke prices so they can afford a MM nib for half markedprice, no company is that ignorant, IF a new MM gets produced, no way in hell it will only cost 7k... no way, thats a dream on a dream.

#88 10 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Reasonable prices? If MM gets reproduced its becouse a company wants to earn more money, not to help people with reasonabke prices so they can afford a MM nib for half markedprice, no company is that ignorant, IF a new MM gets produced, no way in hell it will only cost 7k... no way, thats a dream on a dream.

You don't think they'd make sh*tloads of money at 7 or 8k? Again - they don't have to pay programmers, artists, designers...everything is DONE. Make parts, cabs, playfields, assemble...done. Anything after BOM and labor is pure profit. By "reasonable" I mean a price at which they make a ton of dough & pin collectors who are used to paying 6/7k for NIB Stern games would find palatable. I think there's a magic price where more people bite. I think 7 or 8k = more sales than 10k.

You can't look at the used MM market and a small niche of "I'll pay ANYTHING for one" buyers and use that as a gauge for pricing units of a new run. Again, the reason used ones are so much is scarcity. Once you start making more, scarcity is no longer a factor....it's gotta be priced somewhat in the ballpark of a new Stern/JJP, IMO.

#89 10 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

Stern did another remake of Tron after everyone started claiming that would never happen. Twice. They could announce Iron Man at any time.

I still think IM has a shot to be re-run for this very reason. Although, at the price they would want for the re-run I might skip it and snag a metallic premium. Hard to say.

#90 10 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

Isn't there is some licensing issue that prevents Stern from running any more IM's as it's under the IM2 licence?

#91 10 years ago

To mimic a design should be easier then starting from scratch so it should be priced accordingly in my eyes. Saying that though us as the consumer drives the price up. I say leave it alone and build a new number 1 machine if possible.

#92 10 years ago

Um no-lost license for Iron Man 1 and 2. Gary is not going to waste resources reproducing and relicensing for Iron Man Three.

Tron-same story. Lost license rights for continued production. Licenses are usually given with timeline or expiration with release of next movie in franchise. The second movie for Tron is coming out and thus original license with Disney is over. The last run of 200 was because of the expiring license.

Again IM, Tron, MM, AFM, and the remaking of Baywatch and Hardbodies will never happen.

Keep smoking and keep dreaming.

arnold_wasted.jpgarnold_wasted.jpg

#93 10 years ago

Screw MM, do CC. They made less than a 1000. In fact, do CCC.

#94 10 years ago
Quoted from conserx:

Isn't there is some licensing issue that prevents Stern from running any more IM's as it's under the IM2 licence?

Disney just bought the rights to all the 'Iron Man' movies.

#95 10 years ago

As true pinball player/enthusiasts why wouldn't we all want a rerun? It's a chance to have more of them to play, more could be on location, and best of all new! We could have a shiny new MM in our game rooms at an affordable price, why oh why would we not want that option?

Money......

From a players perspective, I cannot see a reason.

Naturally, if a person stands to lose money from the remake, they will be against it.

Flip side, my opinion on the pinball market and why it is likely. Pinball is at or nears its peak, pinball is booming. There is NOT a better time to release a remake. Planetary has been working quite sometime to make many parts available, and the are all in place. The leg work is done. now to source a cabinet maker, i am sure JJP will be a resource if not involved in the manf. To remake a game which the process, parts, and game has already been designed, finalized, and proven is not difficult. At this point it's assembly. The time needed is much less, artwork, testing, flow, programming, all done.

If you owned the rights and had the resources, and were in business to make money. Wouldn't you rerun a limited number of games? 200 games.......$1500-2000 profit ea. looking at the data I have, I cannot seem to find a single reason that would keep Planetary from proceeding (accept resources) but with JJP in place, resources are readily available with a simple agreement

#96 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Screw MM, do CC. They made less than a 1000. In fact, do CCC.

I'm the guy who did the thing, and I approve this message.

#97 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You don't think they'd make sh*tloads of money at 7 or 8k? Again - they don't have to pay programmers, artists, designers...everything is DONE. Make parts, cabs, playfields, assemble...done. Anything after BOM and labor is pure profit. By "reasonable" I mean a price at which they make a ton of dough & pin collectors who are used to paying 6/7k for NIB Stern games would find palatable. I think there's a magic price where more people bite. I think 7 or 8k = more sales than 10k.
You can't look at the used MM market and a small niche of "I'll pay ANYTHING for one" buyers and use that as a gauge for pricing units of a new run. Again, the reason used ones are so much is scarcity. Once you start making more, scarcity is no longer a factor....it's gotta be priced somewhat in the ballpark of a new Stern/JJP, IMO.

Chances for a remake a MM is much bigger then selling them nib for 7k. Everybody knows that all MM nib wil be sold in a day just like metle and gets sold to 15k nib on cl or ebay. Jjp is more clewer then this.

A rerun price will me much higher then 7k. Thats business

#98 10 years ago

Has any machine with an original production run over 1000 ever been remade 10 years later by another company?

I would love for them to do it, I want everyone to own MM. If I thought there was any chance I wouldn't have sprung for my restored MM. I don't believe it will happen, but if there was a poll taken I'd fully on the DO IT side.

#99 10 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I'm the guy who did the thing, and I approve this message.

Agreed! I see no reason whatsoever if they remake these that they shouldn't come with a ColorDMD and/or CCC standard, or as an option, since most people would normally add these things anyways...

#100 10 years ago

I don't think afm is a good choice. It is well liked but the demand is lower than mm as well as price. Cc and MB would be much better choices.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 64.99
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 9.95
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 294 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/if-new-mm-comes/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.