Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 184 posts
  • 60 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by chrisjens2
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capt._Obvious.jpg
    gimme-tbl-plz.jpg
    There are 184 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
    #1 9 years ago

Because that would make listening to all the people bitching about MMr's worth it.

Not only would a CCr be at the top of my list but they could probably make it a CCCr, right?

#2 9 years ago

Cactus Canyon, is the pin i am waiting for. Hope they remake this one.

#3 9 years ago

Fingers crossed!

#4 9 years ago

CCCr = I'm in
    BBBr = I'm in
    AFMr = I'm out

#5 9 years ago

I certainly hope so. I know that some think that the game is only cool due to its rarity. I've now had the opportunity to play it twice, at John Dayhuff's and at Clay's, and I loved it. I love the western theme and the silliness of it. Shooting "Bart"(?) and the playfield drops never got old to me.

#6 9 years ago

It's on the short list of possibilities, and Rick already said a while back that they can extend the code if they want.

#7 9 years ago

I'd certainly be a buyer if you could do CCC.

#8 9 years ago

I refuse to buy any refake. Killing the hobby for collectors (and ultimately ... for all.)

#9 9 years ago

I would like to find a nice example of CC or CCC. If CCR is announced does that help or hurt my chances of procuring an original?

#10 9 years ago
    Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

I refuse to buy any refake. Killing the hobby for collector's (and ultimately ... for all.)

You must be talking about the investment side. I hope they do keep coming out with remakes.

#11 9 years ago

I am in only if it is a CCCr with color DMD!

#12 9 years ago

Hard to beat old western, gun slinging, crazy cartoon looking themed pin. But this is the type of pin i like. That is why Mousin Around and cartoon pins like this ,are just plain stupid fun.

#13 9 years ago
    Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

I refuse to buy any refake. Killing the hobby for collector's (and ultimately ... for all.)

If the modern manufacturers can't beat 20 year old designs then they deserve to die.

(PS - collector's what?)

#14 9 years ago

I'm 100% in if they make it cc is prob the last must own b/w game that I have not already owned at some point and would like great next to ss and Afm

#15 9 years ago

I'll buy a CCr.

#16 9 years ago

I will NEVER buy a remake. Rather spend my money on something NEW and positive for pinball than give it to a greedy POS company selling crappy remakes (that are not even accurate to the original) for a premium price even though there is absolutely no design cost or ingenuity. Pretty sad that so many people are lining up to spend 8k on a turd like MMR when they could be supporting a new start up company or any company making something new.

#17 9 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I will NEVER buy a remake. Rather spend my money on something NEW and positive for pinball than give it to a greedy POS company selling crappy remakes (that are not even accurate to the original) for a premium price even though there is absolutely no design cost or ingenuity. Pretty sad that so many people are lining up to spend 8k on a turd like MMR when they could be supporting a new start up company or any company making something new.

Where did I put my tiny violin.

#18 9 years ago

Remakes are just that rumors. Let's see so far the remake rumors are. CC, MB, CftBL, SS. Let me shorten this list any Bally Williams ever made. There, that just about covers it. Which, I highly doubt most of these will ever be remade. As rights maybe owned by a company, but that does not mean that all rights to that game are still available. CC, FH and games like TOM would be much easier remakes. Trying to go after the rights that Paramount Pictures own's like MB or Disney's CFTBL or even IJ . Just because you own the rights to that 20 years old game doesn't mean those rights are still there and time hasn't expired (FYI: They have). All new agreements would have to be made. Example: Sterns rights, they made Family Guy but then couldn't get the rights without shelling out top cash they made Shrek. Smart on their part! I think some people like to stir up rumors. We all know if the rumor is true its not a rumor. Then the prices of the originals plummet, example IM. IMO I think most could careless if it's a VE, Remake or whatever you want to call it. IM was between 6K and 8K at one time now they are a dime a dozen and not at 6K. I think Remakes VE's are great for pinball, but I am not making pinball buys like stock buys to retire on. The prices have gone up over the years and we now have one, two, and three same game options. Even the stock market crashes and takes a dump every once and awhile. However while I am at it. Robin why this? as an emotion? There will be nothing ever said on pinside that would make me send out a to another pinsider? At best they will get a thumbs up.

#19 9 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Nobody is making anyone buy the remakes. If the other companies come out with better alternatives to remakes of older pins then I'm sure they will get their fair share of the communities money. Stern is also making out ok building the MMr's I'm sure.

#20 9 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Check inside your coin door. That's always where I end up leaving something when I can't find it.

#21 9 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Check inside your coin door. That's always where I end up leaving something when I can't find it.

Or stuck to the woofer magnet.

#22 9 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

probably next to a C&D letter somewhere?

#23 9 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Be careful not to snag the strings on the coin mech's. Oh, wait...

I kid, I kid.

#24 9 years ago
    Quoted from mario_1_up:

You must be talking about the investment side. I hope they do keep coming out with remakes.

No, I'm talking about collecting. Period. Few things are worth collecting (much less fun to collect) when some greedy bastards are constantly making new ones. PP doesn't care about pinball ... they care about making a buck. Good for them ... bad for pinball. Yes, there are folks who only care about playing pinball and don't care about collecting them so remakes seem great to them. That's fine. However, IMO, it is the collectors who breathed new life into pinball. Not some sudden influx of people who simply enjoy playing.

#25 9 years ago

Edit: decided not to further derail the thread.

#26 9 years ago

I think a Creedence Clearwater Revival would be a huge pin in some circles...

#27 9 years ago

With expo coming up I bet pps announces another pre order for their next pin.

#28 9 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Yep, seems about the norm these days… take your money for a second pin before even delivering the first pin…

pinheads are so gullible. SEND MONEY NOW!

#29 9 years ago

For $9k, I'm out

#30 9 years ago

Here's the deal, only 903 units made ,most owned by collectors that will not get off of them unless you are willing to pay big bucks. So the remake leave's the people that want's this title a chance to have one. If someone has a nice CC original and want's to sell it for $8000 pm me i will take it ! I will be happy with an original or remake make's no difference to me.

#31 9 years ago

More CC's are good for pinball and pinball enthusiasts. Possibly bad for 'antique' collectors.

However, reproductions of actual collectible antiques does not hurt the collectible antiques market. Go figure.

#32 9 years ago
    Quoted from teekee:

pinheads are so gullible. SEND MONEY NOW!

They don;t even have say anything or they'll be told to shut up and take some monies.

#33 9 years ago

Kingpin KPr!!!

#34 9 years ago
    Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

No, I'm talking about collecting. Period. Few things are worth collecting (much less fun to collect) when some greedy bastards are constantly making new ones. PP doesn't care about pinball ... they care about making a buck. Good for them ... bad for pinball. Yes, there are folks who only care about playing pinball and don't care about collecting them so remakes seem great to them. That's fine. However, IMO, it is the collectors who breathed new life into pinball. Not some sudden influx of people who simply enjoy playing.

Well I consider to be a collector and mm was at the top of my hit list for a long time. But I couldn't find one for less than $10,000 locally for a routed game. So when given a chance to buy a new one for $8000 I could not pass it up. If given the chance to buy a original for a good price I would still buy one. I don't care if mmr drops in value I'm not buying to make money. I just want to own one of the best pinballs ever made.

#35 9 years ago
    Quoted from mario_1_up:

Well I consider to be a collector and mm was at the top of my hit list for a long time. But I couldn't find one for less than $10,000 locally for a routed game. So when given a chance to buy a new one for $8000 I could not pass it up. If given the chance to buy a original for a good price I would still buy one. I don't care if mmr drops in value I'm not buying to make money. I just want to own one of the best pinballs ever made.

Well then I'm happy for you. You're getting exactly what you want! And it's a good thing that you're not concerned about the game's value quickly dropping to 6k or less after about 1 year (which it most certainly will do.) A lot of folks might be bothered by that.

#36 9 years ago
    Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

Hard to argue with your logic. We've spoken about this before. However, when I see those like TeeKee give you thumbs up, it serves as a constant reminder that another reason that some people don't like remakes is that it makes their flipping business that much more difficult. If it makes flipping difficult, then I support remakes. So, I go back and forth on this one.

#37 9 years ago

gimme-tbl-plz.jpggimme-tbl-plz.jpg

#38 9 years ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

Hard to argue with your logic. We've spoken about this before. However, when I see those like TeeKee give you thumbs up, it serves as a constant reminder that another reason that some people don't like remakes is that it makes their flipping business that much more difficult. If it makes flipping difficult, then I support remakes. So, I go back and forth on this one.

That would be a nice side effect of remakes but short of a "flipper" holding a given title when PP announces a new remake, I don't see how it hurts them. They simply avoid that single title while it's being remade. When the price on it drops in a couple of years they'll be flipping remakes too.

#39 9 years ago
    Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

However, IMO, it is the collectors who breathed new life into pinball. Not some sudden influx of people who simply enjoy playing.

Damn those people who simply enjoy playing pinballs! Selfish assholes, the whole lot of them!

#40 9 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Damn those people who simply enjoy playing pinballs! Selfish assholes, the whole lot of them!

Now, now. That's just silly. Thank goodness folks enjoy playing pinball (as do I). But I honestly believe that pinball has seen a noticeable revival over the last 10 years because of home collectors. It's not because pinball is suddenly earning so much more money on location. It's because of collectors. Because of that .. any move that hurts the collectibility of pinball, hurts all of pinball. Vault editions ... Williams refakes .. whatever. The damage won't be seen or accepted until it's too late and all the new (and old?) manufacturers fall one by one.

#41 9 years ago

After reading a ton of posts by PPS and others, I assume it's going to go down like this for the 2nd pin: AFMR in a limited number then cc or bbb.

#42 9 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

I'm pretty sure Rick already stated in another thread that they will not be announcing another remake at Expo but who knows.

#43 9 years ago
    Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

No, I'm talking about collecting. Period. Few things are worth collecting (much less fun to collect) when some greedy bastards are constantly making new ones. PP doesn't care about pinball ... they care about making a buck. Good for them ... bad for pinball. Yes, there are folks who only care about playing pinball and don't care about collecting them so remakes seem great to them. That's nice. However, IMO, it is the collectors who breathed new life into pinball. Not some sudden influx of people who simply enjoy playing.

This post is right in that it is the collectors that breathed life into pinball. The only machines you can really collect these days are the oddballs that will never be remade. Punchy the clown, varkon, Orbitor 1, safe cracker, etc. or the early solid state games.

The remakes are not good for the collector market. That said, hopefully the remakes will create some new collectors out of these new players. That would be great for all of us. Time will tell.

#44 9 years ago
    Quoted from PaulCoff:

After reading a ton of posts by PPS and others, I assume it's going to go down like this for the 2nd pin: AFMR in a limited number then cc or bbb.

Yep, all other remakes from PPS will be in fixed numbers in my view. No game other than MM will be left open ended as to the production run. Just my opinion of course, but I don't see how they get order confirmation otherwise if there is no feeling of someone being left out.

#45 9 years ago

Refakes are bad for all pinball hobbyist that are not independently wealthy.

Most people in the hobby have counted on the value of their machines holding or rising, which allowed them to at least get their money back when transitioning from one pin to another.

It has become ridiculous that games start dropping in price when rumors of a refake surface, especially on games that will most likely never be remade like MB, or games that might be remade 3 years from now if Planetary Pinball ends up making money on refakes after MMr.

Planetary Pinball was planning to announce an AFM refake in October, with a prototype to be shown at the Texas Pinball Festival in March. However with the multiple month delay of delivery on MMr, the time table may have changed.

#46 9 years ago
    Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

We are not all collectors. Some like me want to PLAY the pinball, and let others enjoy it as well. That is what it was built for. I'm one of the influx of new Players. How you can decide the new influx of people getting into the hobby are collectors and not players, is beyond me.
    You've just lost some credibility in my book.

#47 9 years ago
    Quoted from mario_1_up:

Exactly

#48 9 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Yep, all other remakes from PPS will be in fixed numbers in my view. No game other than MM will be left open ended as to the production run. Just my opinion of course, but I don't see how they get order confirmation otherwise if there is no feeling of someone being left out.

Why? What gives you get impression?

#49 9 years ago
    Quoted from Hitch9:

We are not all collectors. Some like me want to PLAY the pinball, and let others enjoy it as well. That is what it was built for.

Agreed, that pinball machines are built to be played
    Arcades exist so players can enjoy and share the pins
    Collectors OWN and players PLAY

#50 9 years ago

I would love to get my hands on a CC. However I certainly hope the creator of CCC (not to name names) is a strong negotiator and treats Rick like Rick treats others if he wants to "use the rights" to remake CCCr! Comes around goes around

There are 184 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/if-mmr-is-a-success-will-we-see-ccr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.