(Topic ID: 225098)

If Iron Maiden is great, is Deadpool greater?

By kms_pinball

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shaggy-this-isntweed-cocaines-a-hellava-drug-7854615 (resized).png
    im and dp (resized).JPG
    #1 5 years ago

Been two years or so since i have bought a new Stern. Iron Maiden seems like a great game but Deadpool looks awesome as well. Nothing worse then buying a new game and thee or six months down the road an even more awesome game comes along. With Stern putting out three pro games per year and a high end release we barely get to take a breath and here comes another great game to consider. This has me sitting on the side line waiting for the dust to settle. It also creates the opportunity to pick up a 6 month or 9 month old game at a slight savings. What do you guys think? Choices, choices??

#2 5 years ago

Not yet as the code and shots on IMDN are fantastic.

Deadpool may have a theme that some consider more appealing.

As the rules / code gets polished on DP time will tell.

#3 5 years ago

I liked Deadpool on location but zero desire to own one. The shots just dont have that feel good feeling to me. Great theme and the best art package ever.

After hundreds games on Iron Maiden it has mot gotten old and has a ton of fun shots. The sound and art are great and I love the two voice actors they got for the callouts. I have just one game and thankfully it does not feel like it will get old anytime soon.

#4 5 years ago

I feel like dead pool is more fun for me . i get to play both of them whenever i want and just cant get enough of DP ..

#5 5 years ago

i like the mode/fight theme idea more than the modes in iron maiden but havent had a ton of time on DP yet. the IMDN modes are either multiball or meaningless to me; just a means to an end to get to cyborg eddie by hitting those shots. but i'm not as high on IMDN as most around here.

#6 5 years ago

+1 on the DP pin being more fun. Played them both, pros, on location.

#7 5 years ago

The depth and breadth of code will be a personal taste sort of thing. Iron Maiden is way deeper and has a lot more stuff to see and do. Deadpool is very straightforward and simple. One thing that's not subjective though...the shots on Iron Maiden actually work. Deadpool is a geometry has geometry misfires and lots of clean shots don't land reliably.

Deadpool is still more of a work in progress, but I think if you fast forward a few years, Iron Maiden will still be celebrated while Deadpool will be a game that has lost its shine and is just "okay for a few plays."

I actually like the code on Deadpool. Not every game has to be a journey. I just can't get over the dodgy nature of the game's shots.

#8 5 years ago

When was the last Stern to have 4 flippers (Stewie and Hell dont count)?

That and pretty good code early are why I am really thinking IMDN will end up a classic.

Not being a huge Maiden or Marvel fan makes the themes and art a wash between the two for me. I do like playing Deadpool and love the bar/man-cave concept so we will see.

#9 5 years ago

Having played both, answer is no...

#10 5 years ago

Dp felt clunky to me, kinda reminded me of how awful avengers is.

I agree geometry feels off too.

Fun theme and the screen is cool but gameplay idk.

Imdn is waaayyy better imo.

#11 5 years ago

I prefer iron maiden much deeper game Deadpool's current code is not that great and shots are not as good compared to iron maiden.

#12 5 years ago

For now Maiden is the Bomb not only the code is way better but the shots on Maiden are so Great and satisfying way better then Dp.

#13 5 years ago

I enjoyed playing IMDN more than Deadpool, but definitely they are both fun. IMDN is fun and relatively
    Complete right now, and Deadpool very early on. Shots are more fun in Maiden IMO. But as has been pointed out, theme may be the decider

1 week later
    #14 5 years ago

I couldn't decide so got one of each, they arrived yesterday evening. Will reserve judgement until deadpool code catches up to iron maiden. Neither my wife or I are iron maiden fans, but my wife preferred iron maiden after only a few games on each; probably because she got a higher score on on it.

im and dp (resized).JPGim and dp (resized).JPG
    #15 5 years ago

Uh, no. Not even close. Gomez clunk is something many don't have a taste for, and DP has it for sure. And unless the code gets some major love, it will be a sad shadow of Iron Maiden.

#16 5 years ago

shaggy-this-isntweed-cocaines-a-hellava-drug-7854615 (resized).pngshaggy-this-isntweed-cocaines-a-hellava-drug-7854615 (resized).png

#17 5 years ago

Maiden wins regardless of what they do with the DP code. The table geometry and shots are just less interesting on DP. The most interesting one, the curve to ramp, doesn't work as often as it should even with a clean shot. Apparently you can adjust it a bit, but a lot of people are saying it's a problem. It is on my local machine.

DP is a great location game and it's fun to play, but Maiden will have a lot more longevity in terms of enjoyable home play IMO.

#18 5 years ago

I have/had owned both.
    -Maiden is the better pin at home
    -Deadpool is the better game to route
    It doesn’t make any of them better or worse. I guess it depends on perspective on what your purpose of the pin is I guess.
    I still own a Deadpool and it’s because I like the theme/humor more

#19 5 years ago

I only wish iron maiden had the deadpool theme.

#20 5 years ago

Got to play both today for the first time. IMDN blew me away. Just awesome. Top of the want list now.

DP was clunky with nothing noteworthy. Very meh. IMDN > DP and it’s not close.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/if-iron-maiden-is-great-is-deadpool-greater?hl=flashdaddy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.