(Topic ID: 145113)

If I was an operator looking for more locations....

By Luckydogg420

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Is a retirement home a possible location for operators to place games?”

• Yes, it's worth a try 4 votes
    67%
  • No, elderly people don't have fun 2 votes
    33%

(6 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 8 years ago

This thought just came to me while I was at work today walking through a retirement home; I wonder how well a whoa nelly would do here? The home I was walking through has several common rooms for people to lounge around in and one is a rec room/den with a shuffle board Sitting against the wall. Whoa nelly would fit the decor of the room well and probably give that great nostalgic feeling to some of the residents.

I'd assume it would be a tough sell to the retirement home Managment, but they already have vending machines on site being run by an outside vendor.

Has anyone tried this before? Do you guys think it's a good idea, or am I delusional?

#2 8 years ago

The idea will definitely get more popular when I go to a retirement home.

#3 8 years ago

Lower the volume and it should be great, old dudes would dig it!

#4 8 years ago

I've seen WOF in 2 different Senior Apartments.

They are cranked up loud so the seniors can hear it!

#5 8 years ago

I used to work for an op who put out poker machines. There were old retired guys at each location that would basically spend every penny they had in the things.

So yeah I think you'd probably do good, but I don't know about with a pin. They will call constantly about every little minor issue, if a lightbulbs out you're getting a call!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 35.00
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/if-i-was-an-operator-looking-for-more-locations and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.