Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 48 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by ManiacMama
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

charitypinball039.jpg
    Microsoft_WORD!.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tracelifter.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 10 years ago

If you outlaw pins then only outlaws will have pins.

Microsoft_WORD!.jpgMicrosoft_WORD!.jpg

#36 10 years ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

Have any of you guys ever considered putting some of your own games out on location?

Yes, after one week there was 5 bucks in it and the PF glass was etched.
    I gave the owner of the place his $2.50 and loaded it up.

#38 10 years ago

WCS '94, waiting room at a gas station.

Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

What game was it and what was the location?

#41 10 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Bummer!!
    I was having a errrrrrr "discussion" with the local Stern distributors about the price increases on STLE.
    He said "why don't you buy it (for 13,500 nzd) and put it on location!! You can claim back the sales tax!!"
    I said "because the first kid that comes in will carve his name on the side and I will start crying" lol
    Just imagine it!!
    I love playing on location. Nothing beats getting a high score and putting "RD" on there.
    It's exactly the same buzz I got when I was a little kid and I was getting good scores on Galaga or Donkey Kong.
    Putting pins on location is a business venture, unfortunately for me it is one that doesn't stack up financially or time wise. I would spend more money on gas going to fix them than I would ever take in the coin box.
    Instead, to advance the hobby I invite people to my place to play for free. I'll have 50 guys here for a meet on the 1st December. A few newbys coming too.
    rd.

I restored that game and donated it as the tourney prize at the Hollywood Park show, I doubt it will ever go on location again.

charitypinball039.jpgcharitypinball039.jpg

#43 10 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Good on you for donating it!
    Did those nice looking ladies in the picture thank you personally?
    rd.

Those are the Laker Girls and my son got a signed picture.

#47 10 years ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

I bet I played that game at that show. Damb that was a cool show. Weird show (pinball outdoors...wtf?), but it sure was cool. Thanks for bringing and donating that game.

I thought it was a great location for a show, the So Cal guys that didn't make it missed a good one.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tracelifter.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/if-home-users-were-banned-from-buying-pinball?tu=tracelifter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.