Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 48 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by ManiacMama
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

charitypinball039.jpg
    Microsoft_WORD!.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rgr.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

As stupid as the title sounds, I am wondering how popular pinball would be if all the collectors/home users had to play these on site. Correct me if I am way off the mark but I believe that only 10% of the 1000 MMLEs that were sold will make their way on location. $8k is alot of money and for me personally if I can play them on site then I do not have to worry about having 100k being tied up in pinballs at home..
    Are there alot of home collections now because there are limited places to play them? Why is it that pinball is so popular with home collectors and not on location. Could it be that the collectors were players when it was popular in the 80s/90s????
    In addition I believe that over 50% of pinballs are in people houses. Given this how long will it be before the bubble bursts?

#8 10 years ago

Yeah I have to say things have changed alot. Back in the 90s there were like 10 locations that we could goto that had good sited games. Now well I usually make my way upto Pizza N Pinball to play given that the owners of the shop are the operators of the games.

It just got me thinking though if there were plenty of sited games out there, would they still be making money today by the same people that own them. Ultimately sure home owned games are always going to be in better condition but I am wondering why has it become so popular lately..

#11 10 years ago

Well since its been around for almost 100 years its not going to be one of those things that dies off completely. Imo they have to innovate though to keep it alive.

#16 10 years ago

Fair to say that the home market is 70% of the industry??

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rgr.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/if-home-users-were-banned-from-buying-pinball?tu=rgr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.