Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 48 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by ManiacMama
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

charitypinball039.jpg
    Microsoft_WORD!.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phishrace.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#32 10 years ago

I think that would be awesome. Playing on location is way more fun than playing at home.

Quoted from RGR:

In addition I believe that over 50% of pinballs are in people houses.

Currently, about 60% of Stern games go to operators. Most overseas. Watch any recent Gary Stern seminar on youtube and that's what he'll say. Because the company isn't publicly held, those numbers aren't written in stone. I believe him though.

Quoted from Monster_Bash:

Oh god no. In my area there's like 5 shitty machine on route around here in a 30 mile radius. I'd either have to move or find another hobby

Have any of you guys ever considered putting some of your own games out on location? That's what I did. Best way I know of to support the hobby. I'm also a regular location player, and I don't only play my games. To me, playing at home is just practice. Playing on location is much more fun. You never know what will happen or who you will see.

With pinball's recent popularity, now is a very good time to solicit new locations. At my newest location, it took about 10 minutes of talking with the owner to reach an agreement. Ask and you might like the answer (and the added income, hobby karma points, etc...).

#46 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jazman:

Actually, that's kind of old news... Gary has changed his tune in the last couple years. Of course, the fact that he's flip-flopped hasn't gone unnoticed by collectors like us...

I haven't noticed that. Do you have any examples? Below is a seminar from earlier this year where he mentions (roughly) 60% (starts ~51:00).

Quoted from tracelifter:

Yes, after one week there was 5 bucks in it and the PF glass was etched.

Of the couple of dozen or so NIB and player games I've had out in the last 7 or 8 years, only one has been damaged in any way. The coin door was pried open and they got maybe $30 in quarters. I bent the door back straight (it was hardly bent), put a new lock on it and it was good to go. Games don't typically get trashed like they used to. Players will do bang backs and death saves if you let them (loose tilt), but I've had zero issues with damage to the glass or games.

Quoted from tracelifter:

WCS '94, waiting room at a gas station.

Check your local pizza parlors. Gas station waiting rooms are old and busted. d

Quoted from tracelifter:

I restored that game and donated it as the tourney prize at the Hollywood Park show, I doubt it will ever go on location again.

I bet I played that game at that show. Damb that was a cool show. Weird show (pinball outdoors...wtf?), but it sure was cool. Thanks for bringing and donating that game.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phishrace.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/if-home-users-were-banned-from-buying-pinball?tu=phishrace and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.