Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 48 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by ManiacMama
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

charitypinball039.jpg
    Microsoft_WORD!.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fanatic.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#23 10 years ago
    Quoted from RGR:

... I am wondering how popular pinball would be if all the collectors/home users had to play these on site.
    Are there alot of home collections now because there are limited places to play them? Why is it that pinball is so popular with home collectors and not on location. Could it be that the collectors were players when it was popular in the 80s/90s????
    In addition I believe that over 50% of pinballs are in people houses. Given this how long will it be before the bubble bursts?

I would stop playing pinball again if I could only play them on site. There is only ONE location in my area where the operator seems to have a conscience. His machines are fully functional - most of the time - and reasonably clean. If I could only play his 4 or 5 titles, I would give up entirely. The only other way to play is by hitting the locations where a bar-owner happens to be a pinball enthusiast - and they may have one or two working machines if you can get lucky and know where they are located.
    With pinball in the home, I can fire up a reliable, clean, trouble-free (mostly), game at-will. No traveling, no quarters, plus I can invite my friends over for dinner, a beer, and some good fun in a private parlor type setting. We can play 'til dawn and if the machine breaks..........the operator is usually standing by for immediate repairs (and a refund - lol).

If the bubble "bursts" and all of us whacko's who rescue these wonderful toys stop saving these machines from the bone-yard...........indeed. What will happen to pinball??

I love the look on the faces of my friends' children. We keep step-stools available so the young ones can step up and play a risk-free game. So wonderful to see their little faces light up as they marvel over action. And there is no disappointment at their lack of skill. Just punch in another game please!!!
    These kids were likely to never see or play a pinball in their lives. That, or they were likely to play at least one run-down, lame-o, usually broken/partially functional machine which would steal their quarter, their joy, and their enthusiasm for the game.
    I'm glad I could change that for them by having them in my home.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fanatic.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/if-home-users-were-banned-from-buying-pinball?tu=fanatic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.