• 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by rai
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8B5D0222-7EDA-4AE7-8E98-C82A4E59706F (resized).png
#1 6 years ago

Talks of Disney wants to buy 21st century Fox which owns the movie rights to X-Men as well as Fantastic Four.

So far Fantastic Four has been so-so as far as movies go (not horrible but not great), X-Men are OK but not on the level of Marvel Studios films imo.

I’d hope Disney can (if they acquire Fox) if they are able to super charge all their movies with X-Men and Avengers (plus Spiderman now that Disney is working with Sony on SM assets).

My only concern is if there is going to be super-hero fatigue or will it just keep going up bigger and better?

8B5D0222-7EDA-4AE7-8E98-C82A4E59706F (resized).png8B5D0222-7EDA-4AE7-8E98-C82A4E59706F (resized).png

#2 6 years ago

Would love to see Disney do X-Men right! X-Men had exactly two good movies: X2 and Logan. Deadpool is a winner also. But that's only 3 out of a couple dozen terrible movies? God I hope they do it.

Awesome diagram btw

#3 6 years ago

I’m wondering if it’s just not possible to do a good FF movie, I liked the original with Chris Evans and Jessica Alba but didn’t do too well at the box office.

Also still waiting for a good Hulk movie and Black Widow should have a movie too.

#4 6 years ago

I hope it goes through.
Mostly, it is my displeasure with Murdoch.

#5 6 years ago

I think a Hawkeye movie based on the 2012-2015 comic run would be pretty cool.

#6 6 years ago

I saw this earlier and immediately went to Secret Wars. That would be a fantastic movie.

#7 6 years ago

My only question is this.

Marvel is putting out the Avengers core movies: IM, Thor, Captain America, spin-offs Black Panther, Hulk, Dr. Strange, Ant-Man, plus tie-ins (SM) as well as GotG.

Are they going to be able to devote more time to X-Men, Deadpool, Wolverine, Fantastic Four movies or will they just sprinkle in those characters as supporting cast members? There are a ton of X-men more all the core Avengers so X-Men should have their own movies and then some crossovers like X-Men vs Avengers (with SM).

Marvel Universe is making movied on average of twice a year (17 movies in the last 9 years), will Disney be able to put out three films a year or will the quality go down?

#8 6 years ago

Side note, don't know if you guys know this but Marvel (comics) has stopped adding to the X-men list because they didn't have the film rites and so they weren't going to add characters that they couldn't have the movie rites to and they were going to cancel the Fantastic Four comic books because of ongoing dispute with Fox. Apparently, a studio needs to make a movie every 3-4 years in order to keep the rites active or else they revert back to Disney.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/08/05/jonathan-hickman-confirms-marvel-cancelled-fantastic-four-fox/

Quoted from rai:

Marvel were going to be cancelling their Fantastic Four comic books as a result of a falling-out with Fox Studios over the perpetual-while-they-keep-making-films license to the Fantastic Four and the X-Men rights that Fox holds. This also included the forbidding of sketch card artists to use the Fantastic Four characters, or Mondo for the posters, removing them from games or stripping them from the Marvel ID posters or statue lines or T-shirts, the deed was done. And aside from what may have been a trademark-enforcing move with Hasbro, that was it for the Fantastic Four and the gaming and sketch card restrictions remain in place this year.

1 month later
#9 6 years ago

http://www.newsweek.com/disney-acquires-tk-assets-21st-century-fox-747704

Likely deal will mean Disney also will own Avatar and The Simpson’s as well as X-Men, Deadpool, Fantastic Four etc..

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/if-disney-buys-21st-century-fox-will-have-most-of-marvel-characters and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.