(Topic ID: 188899)

POLL If CCG made MMR Standards for 6500 would you buy?

By srmonte

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by srmonte
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“I would buy an MMR standard if the price was 6500 like AFMR”

• YES 93 votes
      82%
    • NO 21 votes
      18%

(114 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20170513_202920 (resized).jpg
    #1 6 years ago

I am looking to buy AFMR because the standards are 6500. I want an MMR but 8000 standard is to much for me. If CCG made MMR at 6500 how many would jump off the fence and buy.

#2 6 years ago

I'm sure a lot of people would. Wouldn't count on it though.

#3 6 years ago

I dont believe it will happen. Seems MM and MMR are holding value if not increasing and the MMR run is ending soon if it hasnt already.
    Seem Stern is ready to get them out of their House.
    I paid the 7995 and would do it again today if I didnt have one already.

#4 6 years ago

#5 6 years ago

My money just went to afmr because I wanted an le. I still want a mmr too. I'm hoping I can find one easily within a year to a year and a half.

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from HOOKED:

I dont believe it will happen. Seems MM and MMR are holding value if not increasing and the MMR run is ending soon if it hasnt already.
    Seem Stern is ready to get them out of their House.
    I paid the 7995 and would do it again today if I didnt have one already.

Has nothing to do with MMR and current MM Pricing. It has to do with does CCG want to sell a grip load more MMR's

#7 6 years ago

Voting looks positive for 6500 mmr's. Take a look at this cgc.

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from srmonte:

Of course it does considering everyone that has bought one in the past 10 years has more than likely paid 8-20k for one. A new One for 6500 wld be awesome but very unlikely to happen considering how many cgc sold for 8k+ and what they still sell for on secondary market.

#9 6 years ago

I would agree that MMR is over priced. I personally prefer MM over AFM and will not buy an AFMR. In addition to the price, or maybe even more so, the QC issues have kept me from buying. I really enjoy MM so it has been difficult to resist; a lower price would likely motivate me to roll the dice and buy in.

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from srmonte:

I am looking to buy AFMR because the standards are 6500. I want an MMR but 8000 standard is to much for me. If CCG made MMR at 6500 how many would jump off the fence and buy.

If $8K is too much for you then so is $6,500.

#11 6 years ago

Love this game and have been saving and waiting a long time.
    Will get one soon.
    Still voted yes, hope that's ok.

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from eggbert52:

As if you have any way to know anyone else's financial situation.

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

As if you have any way to know anyone else's financial situation.

If you can't come up with $1,500 more then you really have no business buying a $6,500 game in the first place. That I know.

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from srmonte:

? The price for MMR standard was already established a long time ago. Are you hoping they'll simply drop the price $1500 for you? Don't you think that would cause a big PR problem with everyone who paid $8000?

#15 6 years ago

I often find that when a product sells really well the manufacturer will randomly drop the price 20%

#16 6 years ago

I bought a AFMR Le and a MMR on the same day, so here is the deal. My MMR might be one of the last ones made at Stern I was told before they move production over, so there are 2 scenarios. I'll get my MMR first if Stern makes it but if It gets cut off I will get my AFMR Le then when they change production over later in the summer I'll get my MMR. In a perfect world I'll get them both in the same month... I played a AFMR Le at Logan Arcade in Chicago last night and lord it's pretty sweet!

20170513_202920 (resized).jpg20170513_202920 (resized).jpg

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from eggbert52:

I think you'll find a lot of people that can afford an $8000 game, but choose not to spend it as that is still a lot of money for a pinball machine. At $6500, there is a better cost to value ratio that some folks may find reasonable.

#18 6 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Don't you think that would cause a big PR problem with everyone who paid $8000?

Hard to say. Everything from cars to televisions to smartphones drop in price after awhile. I don't hold a grudge against Best Buy because my computer is cheaper now than when I bought it a few years ago. I think with CGC moving production "in house", they will find some cost savings and maybe they pass some of those savings along in the form of a lower price. From bill of materials standpoint, I wouldn't think there would be significant differences between MM and AFM.

#19 6 years ago

I'm holding out for an MMr with the new larger display like what AFMr LE has.

#20 6 years ago

Its worth what people are willing to pay in my view. Its not how many games you sell its at what margin to continue to grow the company. Apple doesn't have market share but they do have 80% of the profit. The fact that they are running it again shows there will be no doubt they will get those sales and they deserve to. Great game, great quality, and definitely a market favorite. Love mine and would do it again even at a price increase.

#21 6 years ago

And FYI, its not a pole if the only options are would you prefer to pay less or no? Thats a basic logic test. Same result would apply if you did a pole asking if you would like to pay more or no?

#22 6 years ago
    Quoted from eggbert52:

I see you have a MM in your collection. Congrats my friend it is a cool machine. But just for your information I have bought an MMR LE once before and choose to sell it to pay for an 8000 Gun. Yep that's right, and while I would like to buy another MMR I will not pay 8000. I think it is too much. I was really excited to see that CGC announced AFMR at 6500, why because I will buy it because I see the value.

Thanks for the advice on my financial portfolio man.

#23 6 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

? The price for MMR standard was already established a long time ago. Are you hoping they'll simply drop the price $1500 for you? Don't you think that would cause a big PR problem with everyone who paid $8000?

Not drop the price for me, drop the price for CGC sake and sell a shit ton more MMR's. Otherwise they will trickle in sales here and there. But at 6500, I would expect a lot of business going there way.

I mean assume that we all knew how each bally Williams release was going to go in price similar to AFMR. CGC will own this market and pinheads will allocate their funds to these machines. Don't get me wrong I know their are dudes with serious coin and can afford all machines and all releases. But for those of us who can buy 1 game a year, knowing CGC's pricing tier will make a big difference in what game I choose to buy. Especially if they give a release calendar. I mean NIB TOTAN, TOM, CV, CC etc. WOW!!!!

#24 6 years ago
    Quoted from srmonte:

I see you have a MM in your collection. Congrats my friend it is a cool machine. But just for your information I have bought an MMR LE once before and choose to sell it to pay for an 8000 Gun. Yep that's right, and while I would like to buy another MMR I will not pay 8000. I think it is too much. I was really excited to see that CGC announced AFMR at 6500, why because I will buy it because I see the value.
    Thanks for the advice on my financial portfolio man.

True but after shipping and if u want color it will be around 7200....u can get a nice modded original for less if u wanted to only spend 6500ish. By the way what gun was it? I have a really nice gun collection also .

#25 6 years ago

I'm assuming that nobody on here knows how much the BOM cost is for the MMr?

If that is the case then it simply might not be possible for them to sell this particular machine for the OPs desired target price.

#26 6 years ago

I know if I was a pinball manufacturer I would be scared to death of classic Bally/Williams at 6500. CGC could own this market if they play it right. Otherwise why did they do what they did with AFMR? Because they knew they were leaving lots of money on the table without the 6500 standard. Yet there are plenty of people who will take down an LE.

Plus they make all their own playfields and cabinets, they have all the bally/Williams IP. They are in the best position to whip some ass. Be afraid, be very afraid!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/if-ccg-made-mmr-standards-for-6500-would-you-buy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.