(Topic ID: 177198)

If Batman 66, Dialed in, and Aliens were all $5995, which one?

By OLDPINGUY

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 120 posts
  • 70 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Crile1
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“If all the Games, with Color Backboxes were all $5995, which would you Want?”

• Batman 66 87 votes
    15%
  • Aliens 121 votes
    21%
  • Dialed In 289 votes
    50%
  • None of the Above 38 votes
    7%
  • More than 1 of the Above 45 votes
    8%

(580 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

grips6 003 (resized).JPG
IMG_20170218_114318 (resized).jpg
richard-simmons_3364748 (resized).jpg
IMG_7031 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oldpinguy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Kinda a Stupid Poll, but I went to Expo to play these 3 games and maybe even make a decision there,
on my next pin for 2017.

We all know what happened with the games.

So in my fantasy world, what if all 3 games, nicely loaded, were $5995, out the Door?

Batman 66 Premium, Dialed in Standard or LE, and Aliens with color backbox LCD...keeping the backboxes relatively equal.

Now that they have been sliced and diced, and Batman video is up, which of the 3 would be coming home?

A vote is asked. more so than the debate why one is better, or better theme...Id love to ask for just a vote and move on
in the interest of good will to each other.

Why do I ask? Dont know, maybe just ultimate curiosity, as this was the position I hoped to be in at Expo,
as many others, perhaps, and now is finally the opportunity to begin.

#10 7 years ago

Interesting voting after a few hours.

Leveling off the "Price" discussion certainly brings some different perspectives into light,
and I am grateful to hear them.

Thanks!

#17 7 years ago

Its kinda been weird to think of selling 2 Great HUO Games, to get 1 New or HUO Pin from this lineup.

I think thats whats troubling me as well as space requirements.

At what point does everyone notably buy a game, play with it a while, and sell at say a 10% loss?
With higher prices and wealthier buyers, will this all work?

At $4-6K new, its not so bad compared to $8-$12K with taxes and shipping.

Will these games ever go so low used?

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Think about this, how many Stern games in the last 5 years have been train wrecks for the first year after their release?? The new pricing model won't allow for it as people will get burned really bad when they buy a dud. It's almost as though Sterns is pricing as though all future games will be AC/DC.......Wrong! Now Stern has also done some great games as well and those buyers were rewarded if they held them because they were sold at a reasonable price.......current pricing won't create that type of used selling environment go forward as we are reaching the top of the pricing ladder.

Good Point!

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

By the way.
Happy New Year Art!
Thank you for your years of dedication to pinball and your love of the game.
Talk to you next week about that Fire Champagne. Tonight I'll play a game at midnight. With a tall glass of the same.

Thank you!

To you as well!

#56 7 years ago

Im a little surprised by the voting.

While those that dont like Dialed in are very vocal about the theme and such,
it appears those voting have a great like for the game where it is in play right now.

Perhaps all the noise of "too expensive" is heard, but getting lost, and
Whether its a Spooky, Dutch, Homepin, Stern, JJP, or Heighway,
our esteemed and respected manufacturers can hear a little more in any way we can share.

If Pins are too high, and sell still...it will stay and continue that way.
If we feel, we'd be happy with a game like say, Iron Man, a lower cost to build, but brilliantly fun,
we might see more like this and lower costs.

Essentially, we all want the same thing, and $3995 may be a thing of the past.

But $5-$6k, IMO allows all markets to exist, and accurately supports the used market.
This doesnt mean there arent LE models, but I hope somehow, in the meeting rooms, the numbers
needed to keep the flow of buy a new game, sell the lowest used in your collection, will allow the correct
flow and quantity of games to be made and sold, with Operator growth, being the key to new blood.

Ive watched this pricing we are seeing hit me in my other business, and now it exists new, only for the Rich,
and for the rest, its the under $4K used or less.

At $8-10K, I just dont see these games expected to be routed for 2-3 years and dropping to 4K-5K....they will seemingly stay close to $7K plus, and still out of reach to the masses.

The "Flow" of new and used will change, and if it wasnt for Space, or the smaller, wealthier home market, problems turning numbers could happen.

But if at $8K-$10K produces fine sales...which it can with a Global audience with wealth....Im not sure if we will
see a comfortable range again.

My personal Hope is Homepin. Getting all the bugs out of parts, and sourcing all production overseas should allow a
fair priced game, or the opportunity for them to pick up boutique manufacturing.

With a Parts cost list, and a minimum run, boy oh boy, could we see some of the Brilliant ideas here on the board
come to life.

Just my 2 cents, and opinion.

#61 7 years ago

Worth Mentioning that Aliens is almost even with Batman!
A great showing for Heighway!

I think that when this game gets released here in the US, and gets more people playing,
we will all be impressed as a sleeper hit!

Looking forward to this immensely, since playing at Expo, and wouldnt be surprised
to see this game being 2017 favorite!

#68 7 years ago

Wow! Look at those Votes!

I hope Jack sees this!

#79 7 years ago

My point was to create a poll, that shared first, a view and vote that might share the price points, we as customers would feel comfortable with.

I know the answer is "everything for $4K" but I personally believe, realistically, that $6K whether its labeled Pro, Premium, LE, etc.
Is the sweet spot in the market.

I feel its a target price, that allows both sides, manufactures, operators, pinheads, to expect a featured game, with a "gadget",
code, and fun!

It didnt matter to me who wins, leads, etc in the Poll....I was interested in pure numbers.

Some financial info has been shared in private, and the result of which was for me to see if I could get my view across, and this was my choice.

The Poll has been noticed by your favorite Pinball manufacturers, and its only purpose, is to find a positive way to express the view
of "prices too high", Rather than insults, and threats.

If you are reading this and havent voted, please do. It cant hurt, and it could help!

#80 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If my grandmother had wheels would she be a truck, a wagon, or a wheel barrow?

Shed be my date!

#87 7 years ago
Quoted from Razorbak86:

Art, do you think JJP would make a profit on DI, if it had an end-user price point of $5,995?

Yes, was an answer I received. The question was is it 5000 units made and sold, 7500? 10,000?

Like anything else, as the volume grows, the cost per unit would drop.

Im a Parrot here, so I respect that others would know more, and can share.

#90 7 years ago

So sorry, Im not going to speculate on a Manufacturers whole balance sheet!

The point is, If a Premium Lists at $6995, as of a few days ago, and we know that distributors need to make profit,
and we believe that 10,000 units are not being made, a manufacturer themselves have said, "this works".
Im suggesting a 15% discount as an MSRP we would be happy with, as opposed to saying, "Its too expensive!" over and over.
They know we are saying this.

I am guessing, IMO, that if the volume increased, based on a discussion I had, could these games be offered at $5995?

I could be wrong, the people I spoke with could be wrong, I just cant share a balance sheet, but if Gross or Net Profit would be good enough realized at this price, based on volume, how would we, as the customers react.

The Poll gives some insight.

Nothing more.

1 month later
7 months later
#116 6 years ago

None of the above!

I would like an Aliens, Maybe, but Id need to get some time in, and I need a bigger comfort zone for
parts and service in the future....so second hand likely here.

Same with Dialed in, second or third owner, but now Pirates is looking better!

I no longer have any effective income coming in, so its back to selling 2 for 1, and being frugal, as I was in the past.

I have been picking up and enjoying EMs right now.

#118 6 years ago

Oh Yeah....too tough, too fast....its going to stay a while....just had a friend make some wood hand grips!

grips6 003 (resized).JPGgrips6 003 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 34.99
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

9,799 (OBO)
$ 50.00
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oldpinguy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/if-batman-66-dialed-in-and-aliens-were-all-5995-which-one?tu=oldpinguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.