New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 177198)

If Batman 66, Dialed in, and Aliens were all $5995, which one?

By OLDPINGUY

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 120 posts
  • 70 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Crile1
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“If all the Games, with Color Backboxes were all $5995, which would you Want?”

• Batman 66 87 votes
    15%
  • Aliens 121 votes
    21%
  • Dialed In 289 votes
    50%
  • None of the Above 37 votes
    6%
  • More than 1 of the Above 44 votes
    8%

(578 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

grips6 003 (resized).JPG
IMG_20170218_114318 (resized).jpg
richard-simmons_3364748 (resized).jpg
IMG_7031 (resized).JPG

There are 120 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 3 years ago

Batman all day long.

I wouldn't want to have to deal with getting rid of either of the others so I could buy a Batman anyway.

#102 3 years ago

Dialed In by a long shot. Best layout and a forward thinking design.

Here's Batman at the PHOF today...I don't want that headache for even $4000. It looks like a budget title, aside from the art, and it sure plays like one. It's definitely built on a lean budget. It rattles, clunks, and gets your ball stuck. Really rough design. Undercooked.

IMG_20170218_114318 (resized).jpg

#103 3 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Best layout and a forward thinking design.

I agree the layout looks cool. But how does the theme hold up after an extra long game?

#104 3 years ago

I was hoping Alien was the clear winner, it is a fantastic licence.
Dialed In ? Crazy - surely they new the theme would divide people.
BM66 - Stern money grab, if you buy you got sucked in.

#105 3 years ago

Is Batman 66 pretty much a reskinned Dark Knight? If so, what's been added, and what percent of it is new?

#106 3 years ago

I just pre-ordered an Alien. For the price it can't be beat for what is being offered either a standard model or an LE. I do think that Dialed In is also awesome but for right now I can't see dropping $8k-$9k on it due to not being a fan of the theme.

An Alien standard with everything below is about $7400 shipped (including the 27" backbox LCD). Batman 66 premium costs more which seems insane for what you get compared to Alien.

1. 100% color changing GI and color changing inserts (only game out of the 3 to offer this)
2. 4 flippers with unique shots from each
3. 3 drop targets
4. 2 magnets
5. Large Alien head toy mech with magnetic ball grabber
6. Steel ramps
7. 10" playfield LCD
8. Airlock LCD toy
9. 27" backbox LCD (optional)
10. Widebody game

#107 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I just pre-ordered an Alien. For the price it can't be beat for what is being offered either a standard model or an LE. I do think that Dialed In is also awesome but for right now I can't see dropping $8k-$9k on it due to not being a fan of the theme.
An Alien standard with everything below is about $7400 shipped (including the 27" backbox LCD). Batman 66 premium costs more which seems insane for what you get compared to Alien.
1. 100% color changing GI and color changing inserts (only game out of the 3 to offer this)
2. 4 flippers with unique shots from each
3. 3 drop targets
4. 2 magnets
5. Large Alien head toy mech with magnetic ball grabber
6. Steel ramps
7. 10" playfield LCD
8. Airlock LCD toy
9. 27" backbox LCD (optional)
10. Widebody game

David Thiel sound!

#108 3 years ago

I'm another voter for Dialed In! It's the only new game my family plans to ad this year, but we will not be preordering. Only buy when it is shipping.

1 week later
#109 3 years ago

Is this still up for debate?!

#111 3 years ago

Because there is now a definitive answer

#112 3 years ago

I think this question was answerd loud and clear this week....
Aliens is getting my money..
go Highway Pinball!

2 weeks later
#113 3 years ago

I'm really surprised by this poll! I thought for sure Alien would walk away with this one. Granted I'm a "theme" guy and the theme is very important to me. Don't get me wrong the game still has to shoot well and have good rules but theme is big. DI does nooooothing for me, nothing. Again....it looks like it shoots great and has good rules, and I wouldn't mind playing one.....but buying one? No chance....none.

I put money down on an Alien and I'm super excited about it. Great theme and integration of the theme , great layout, great sound and tons of "bang for your buck" with this one.

Wonder what would happen if you added AFMr to the poll now? I'd still prefer Alien myself.

#114 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

If Batman 66, Dialed in, and Aliens were all $5995, which one?

If ifs and buts were candies and nuts we'd all have a merry Christmas.

None of the above will get my money anytime soon.

7 months later
#115 3 years ago

oldpinguy which did you go with Art?

#116 3 years ago

None of the above!

I would like an Aliens, Maybe, but Id need to get some time in, and I need a bigger comfort zone for
parts and service in the future....so second hand likely here.

Same with Dialed in, second or third owner, but now Pirates is looking better!

I no longer have any effective income coming in, so its back to selling 2 for 1, and being frugal, as I was in the past.

I have been picking up and enjoying EMs right now.

#117 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

None of the above!
I would like an Aliens, Maybe, but Id need to get some time in, and I need a bigger comfort zone for
parts and service in the future....so second hand likely here.
Same with Dialed in, second or third owner, but now Pirates is looking better!
I no longer have any effective income coming in, so its back to selling 2 for 1, and being frugal, as I was in the past.
I have been picking up and enjoying EMs right now.

Still have your Shadow?

#118 3 years ago

Oh Yeah....too tough, too fast....its going to stay a while....just had a friend make some wood hand grips!

grips6 003 (resized).JPG

#119 3 years ago

Having played extensively both DI and Alien side by side this week end, I can attest that DI is (currently) the better game.

Alien has a better theme, which is very nicely integrated. Some of its flaws can be corrected, and it should make Alien's fans happy.

But DI is simply outstanding with a fantastic layout that beats most games I played recently (SW included).

#120 3 years ago

I voted DI. Not crazy about any of these games, though. Batman should be the winner with theme alone, but played it a few times on location Friday night (SLE) and it was just boring. Not sure code can save BM66. The layout is just, blah. And my sister even asked, "why is the Penguin in a crane?" I wouldn't get Alien based on the uncertainty of Heighway. Haven't played it so can't comment on gameplay. DI at Louisville expo didn't wow me. But, with time, I think I could enjoy it more. Honestly, I'd get an older B/W game over any of these.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 120 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside