New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 177198)

If Batman 66, Dialed in, and Aliens were all $5995, which one?

By OLDPINGUY

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 120 posts
  • 70 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Crile1
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“If all the Games, with Color Backboxes were all $5995, which would you Want?”

• Batman 66 87 votes
    15%
  • Aliens 121 votes
    21%
  • Dialed In 289 votes
    50%
  • None of the Above 37 votes
    6%
  • More than 1 of the Above 44 votes
    8%

(578 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

grips6 003 (resized).JPG
IMG_20170218_114318 (resized).jpg
richard-simmons_3364748 (resized).jpg
IMG_7031 (resized).JPG

There are 120 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 3 years ago

Kinda a Stupid Poll, but I went to Expo to play these 3 games and maybe even make a decision there,
on my next pin for 2017.

We all know what happened with the games.

So in my fantasy world, what if all 3 games, nicely loaded, were $5995, out the Door?

Batman 66 Premium, Dialed in Standard or LE, and Aliens with color backbox LCD...keeping the backboxes relatively equal.

Now that they have been sliced and diced, and Batman video is up, which of the 3 would be coming home?

A vote is asked. more so than the debate why one is better, or better theme...Id love to ask for just a vote and move on
in the interest of good will to each other.

Why do I ask? Dont know, maybe just ultimate curiosity, as this was the position I hoped to be in at Expo,
as many others, perhaps, and now is finally the opportunity to begin.

#2 3 years ago

Dialed In as it would still offer the most value in terms of features and code support. Alien does look pretty good though and I'll consider one if the games code turns out well and there are minimal issues.

Batman 66 premium is essentially a Stern Pro and I think is Stern's biggest money grab yet (raising prices, eliminating the pro, "Super LE" model, re-theme, etc) so I would have to pass.

Dialed In and Alien also get my vote since they each have the power button in a normal location that anyone can reach, lol.

#3 3 years ago

I'd probably buy all 3. At current pricing, maybe one of them but might just pass altogether.

#4 3 years ago

Best build bang for buck but worst art work - Dialed in.
Best looking - BM66 SLE
Unknown Alien - Looks great but build quality I cant judge till I see one live or reviews are posted.

If you would have put TBL in there Dutch would have gotten my vote at 6k

Great year for pinball with all the talk of multiple manufactures delivering games....I remember the past years threads on speculation of when Stern would close.

#5 3 years ago

Aliens
BM66
Zero interest in Dialed In I would rather spend the 6K on a few classic sys 11's or sys 80's

#6 3 years ago

I would buy all 3 if they were $6500.

#7 3 years ago

I picked Dialed In. It is the most interesting of the bunch.

I didn't like FT, and I don't expect to like Alien. It's a style thing.

BM66 is going to be a good game with really solid code. But I didn't see anything different that isn't already in my gameroom. The LCD is cool, and I'm sure they will improve it. But overall not enough to make me jump. I'd almost need to move out one of my Sterns to bring it in. Not because of space, but because of similarities.

Dialed In is the one I'd do at that price. Mostly because it is Pat, and the game looked interesting enough. As long as I could tone down the phone ringing.

And what is it with phones? The phone on DI ringing, the bat phone ringing... I get it, you want me to make that shot. You don't need to hit be over the head with the phone. I'm trying to imagine Iron Man with Whiplash, and instead of glowing lights and an ominous sound, it was a phone ringing... barf to both companies for that.

#8 3 years ago

Good poll actually because at $6k I would consider one of these pins, but at their reality price point it hasn't even crossed my mind to get any of them. While alien does have the best 'reality' price, I'm not ready to own a heighway pin yet. So that leaves DI and BM66 where neither interest me at their msrp, but at $6k, I'd go dialed in now and maybe-probably BM66 if this poll was a year from now and code we're finished to Lyman's liking.

#9 3 years ago

Dialed In seems like the most sure thing for good, original game play.

Aliens may end up being a fantastic game, and there's a fair chance I'd change my mind to that after playing both.

BM66 just doesn't hold a lot of appeal, since BDK already exists. Isn't BM66 actually MISSING features from BDK? Namely the bagatelle, which was kinda stupid, but still it ribs me the wrong way that it looks stripped down with regards to features. Though 66's art looks better

#10 3 years ago

Interesting voting after a few hours.

Leveling off the "Price" discussion certainly brings some different perspectives into light,
and I am grateful to hear them.

Thanks!

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

And what is it with phones? The phone on DI ringing, the bat phone ringing... I get it, you want me to make that shot. You don't need to hit be over the head with the phone. I'm trying to imagine Iron Man with Whiplash, and instead of glowing lights and an ominous sound, it was a phone ringing... barf to both companies for that.

I thought this was comically ironic, coincidence? It's like stern and jjp have a hard on to outdo each other....

Jjp: hey stern, we're gonna sell more pins than you at a higher price point neener neener
Stern: oh yea, we're gonna price hike our pins now and one up you with an SLE version so there.
Jjp: oh yea, we're gonna price hump our own collectors edition SLE but not make it limited and say it's limited so there
Stern: oh yea, well our SLE will give phone calls to our buyers from Adam west!
Jjp: oh yea, well our new pin will have a phone that rings and constantly irritates you so there!
Stern: oh yea, well ours will have a phone too then and constantly ring as well so there!
Jjp: oh yea....
Stern: oh yea....

#12 3 years ago

DI for me. I just got GB Premium and cannot believe how empty it is, not even an outlet to plug a soldering iron. I don't think you're getting a lot in Batman from a BOM standpoint.

JJP quality and build is great so DI for me.

Aliens looks great, but guess the code will dictate how great. Aliens has a great layout.

Batman....too much and looks like a rehash of their last game.

#13 3 years ago

Even tho Aliens is the closest to that price point. I'd still go with Aliens. But I have not played batman as of yet.

#14 3 years ago

Haven't played BM and am very excited to do so. Saw it behind the velvet ropes at Expo and it is a pretty game for sure. DI wins this going away so far for me but I need a little time with Aliens also. To be fair, DI is the only one I've played so take this FWIW.

#15 3 years ago

Dialed In is the most appealing of the bunch, and I still think it's a bit of a dud given all the unnecessary gimics. Batman isn't different enough from BDK to get me excited at all. Aliens might be great, but Heighway is too much of a question mark for me still. Having owned FT, the game felt cheap compared to any other modern game in it's price range. The fact that Aliens requires modification of the computer found in FT also detracts from how modular the games are supposed to be.

I'll also throw in how unexcited I am about Aerosmith given who's slated to code the game...

Looking forward the most to games that have NOT been announced yet, as silly as that might sound.

#16 3 years ago

I would eventually get all 3. They each have their good points and interest me at the hypothetical lower price. They have their pluses over older pins. If they were all $6k, I would get DI, then either BM66 or Aliens next (whichever is best once they are in production and distributed). I would also weigh BM66 vs Aliens based off of issues/problems after production and if they were resolved quickly.

The way they ARE priced, I'll get none of them in the near future. I'm guessing prices of future pins will not go back down though. If I don't like the next round of pin releases and themes in the next year and a half, I'd step back and buy a DI near the end of it's production or on the HUO used market.

#17 3 years ago

Its kinda been weird to think of selling 2 Great HUO Games, to get 1 New or HUO Pin from this lineup.

I think thats whats troubling me as well as space requirements.

At what point does everyone notably buy a game, play with it a while, and sell at say a 10% loss?
With higher prices and wealthier buyers, will this all work?

At $4-6K new, its not so bad compared to $8-$12K with taxes and shipping.

Will these games ever go so low used?

#18 3 years ago

Art- I love dumb polls!
If these were the price's....
I'd buy one of each!

#19 3 years ago

Dialed In.

#20 3 years ago

Think about this, how many Stern games in the last 5 years have been train wrecks for the first year after their release?? The new pricing model won't allow for it as people will get burned really bad when they buy a dud. It's almost as though Sterns is pricing as though all future games will be AC/DC.......Wrong! Now Stern has also done some great games as well and those buyers were rewarded if they held them because they were sold at a reasonable price.......current pricing won't create that type of used selling environment go forward as we are reaching the top of the pricing ladder.

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Think about this, how many Stern games in the last 5 years have been train wrecks for the first year after their release?? The new pricing model won't allow for it as people will get burned really bad when they buy a dud. It's almost as though Sterns is pricing as though all future games will be AC/DC.......Wrong! Now Stern has also done some great games as well and those buyers were rewarded if they held them because they were sold at a reasonable price.......current pricing won't create that type of used selling environment go forward as we are reaching the top of the pricing ladder.

Good Point!

#22 3 years ago

By the way.
Happy New Year Art!
Thank you for your years of dedication to pinball and your love of the game.
Talk to you next week about that Fire Champagne. Tonight I'll play a game at midnight. With a tall glass of the same.

#23 3 years ago

I'd have to play it, but it'd be Dialed In.

It's a poor name choice, and the Bob the Builder toys are close to awful, but Pat's designs are usually great and I think the rules have a TON of strategy and depth once you know them.

I don't trust Stern playfield quality anymore. Since it takes time for ghosting to develop, wait 6 mos. to see what happens w/BM66.

#24 3 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

By the way.
Happy New Year Art!
Thank you for your years of dedication to pinball and your love of the game.
Talk to you next week about that Fire Champagne. Tonight I'll play a game at midnight. With a tall glass of the same.

Thank you!

To you as well!

#25 3 years ago

DI, I'll pay more to get something without a stupid licence.

#26 3 years ago

Has to be Dialed In. Not a fan of Sterns, and for me the big draw for Heighway is their attempts to keep costs down, so with prices equal I'd go for the unlicenced JJP.

#27 3 years ago

If heighway would just put a normal head on their games they would win easily .

#28 3 years ago

Dialed In is a champ!! Played it a few weeks back and it is a beast!! 15 games and I am hooked! A must have!

I am still waiting for BM 66 to blow my socks off! I need to play it to pass fair judgement! I am not so impressed with what I have seen so far.

Alien looks good and I hope it is good. I also need to play this game also..

#29 3 years ago

Dialed In all the way.

#30 3 years ago

I haven't seen a Dialed In yet, but it looks good. If it were good,

1. DI
2. Alien

3. BM 66 pass

#31 3 years ago

None of the above
just dont like modern games

#32 3 years ago

Way too much money for that junk. Drop them down another couple grand and get back to me.

#33 3 years ago

Great question and best poll of 2016!

#34 3 years ago

I played Dialed in at Expo, and thought it was great also. I always purchase everything looking at later reselling it, and I worry about BM66 holding it's value. Plus BM66 is not a cornerstone game, it is one of their special titles, and if they don't sell many, are they going to invest the money later in the code? They already sold the big profit games on BM66, and it sounds many of them did NOT go to pinball people, so they are NOT going to be concerned about uncompleted code.

DI gets my vote.

#35 3 years ago

BM66
Alien
( no order, love them both)

Wanted to love PL / JJP #3 badly, but out for me ....can't do it....

#36 3 years ago

How could I say no to Lawlor and JJP all at once. I'd be crazy to not jump on Dialed In.

#37 3 years ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

How could I say no to Lawlor and JJP all at once. I'd be crazy to not jump on Dialed In.

Jump in later when you can pay for a game and own it on the same day , no one will think you are crazy.

#38 3 years ago

Jack is a true gentleman! What a blast my son and I had meeting him!

Dialed in is a great game!!

Happy New Year Pinsiders!!!

IMG_7031 (resized).JPG

#39 3 years ago
Quoted from volcanodiver:

DI, I'll pay more to get something without a stupid licence.

So you prefer a stupid theme as opposed to a stupid license? Got it.

#40 3 years ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

I played Dialed in at Expo, and thought it was great also. I always purchase everything looking at later reselling it, and I worry about BM66 holding it's value. Plus BM66 is not a cornerstone game, it is one of their special titles, and if they don't sell many, are they going to invest the money later in the code? They already sold the big profit games on BM66, and it sounds many of them did NOT go to pinball people, so they are NOT going to be concerned about uncompleted code.
DI gets my vote.

I'm curious what was the last game with Lyman on code that sucked?

#41 3 years ago

This one's easy Art, DI theme and the artwork absolutely BLOWS!

I wouldn't pay the shipping to get one for free.

#42 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

This one's easy Art, DI theme and the artwork absolutely BLOWS!
I wouldn't pay the shipping to get one for free.

Have you played Dailed In?

#43 3 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Jack is a true gentleman!

Not a vote about Jack or JJP, nor Pat...Their team is top notch, and my WOZ won't be leaving....

A super Company, but on topic, Dialed In not in the conversation for me, regardless of price...and yes, I played it at expo.....cannot get past the theme ( really tried). I hope they sell a bunch of them, though.....

#44 3 years ago

At 6k, I'd hope to be able to get the remake of Attack From Mars. If it ever comes out.

#45 3 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

So you prefer a stupid theme as opposed to a stupid license?

Who says you can't have both!?

Or in this case, all three.

#46 3 years ago

Great poll! Dialed in either way for me tho. Gotta have it!

#47 3 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Have you played Dailed In?

I have not, seen plenty of video and just can't get past the theme either. Too many other options out there that I would like to own.

I do love my Woz, drank that Kool aid from day one 5 yrs ago. That's an iconic theme and my least favorite theme of all of my pins. JJP has great service and they make excellent pins but Jack is full of shit. So is Gary for that matter.

I was looking forward to Lawlor and JJP combo, thought it would be a given for me, turned out to be the opposite.

That's ok, if Alien gets made I'm happy that this one didn't entice me.

#48 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Ditto....I went to Chicago terrified I'd be committed to 3 NIB pins before I left......bullet dodged....

#49 3 years ago

Nah nah nah nah nah nah to BATMAN
.Dialled In first and Aliens for the close runner up

#50 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I have not, seen plenty of video and just can't get past the theme either. Too many other options out there that I would like to own.
I do love my Woz, drank that Kool aid from day one 5 yrs ago. That's an iconic theme and my least favorite theme of all of my pins. JJP has great service and they make excellent pins but Jack is full of shit. So is Gary for that matter.
I was looking forward to Lawlor and JJP combo, thought it would be a given for me, turned out to be the opposite.

If you Get a chance give DI a whirl there is nothing to lose. Even for people who do not buy the games they should at least play them all if possible. Why not! Happy "17"

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Back Alley Creations
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 3.50
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 19.99
Playfield - Plastics
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 239.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
Machine - For Sale
Johnson City, TN
$ 124.00
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 12,500.00
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Macomb, MI
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 499.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 49.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 120 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside