(Topic ID: 125471)

If anyone comes to Kauai, rememeber to look me up.

By Kahanaohana

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 64 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by JosiahCox
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Na_pali.jpg
    IMG_20150216_065912.jpg
    KahunaBurger.jpeg
    Scotty:Izzy.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kahanaohana.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Its almost summer, if any of you guys come to the rock, look me up. Me and my friend have 7 pins now(2 at home and 5 at friends brewery) and were the only guys with any interest in pinball here. A couple of pinsiders have already looked me up when they came, it was cool to meet them and learn a few things. Thanks to one pinsider we have all 6 games working top notch.I have lots of gear you can borrow while you're here too. mahalos, Scotty on Kauai.

#5 8 years ago
    Quoted from nicoga3000:

My wife and I are doing a 10 day trip to Hawaii next year. I might contact you and see if you can't give us the local hookup with places to see and things to do.

If you plan a kauai stop, let me know ahead of time. I have a deal you cant beat for accommodations.

#26 8 years ago
    Quoted from izzy:

Scotty,
    My wife and I are coming over late May for two weeks. Staying in Kapaa. Would love to stop by and say hi. Any of your games EM's? I'm reasonably good at tracking down problems on them.
    Izzy

Great! im in kapaa. look me up. If you need surfboards/bodyboards/gear let me know. Sorry no em's: IJ,cftbl,af,xm,st,monopoly.

#27 8 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Hows the wild chicken population on your island?

they're still out of control, except in my neighborhood, I havent seen one around here in months. Its because of my other hobby. Watch:

#28 8 years ago
    Quoted from rad:

Kauai is great! We were just there about a month ago. Stopped in to the Kauai Island brew pub and played a few games. It was nice to see games on the island and they played very well.

we installed the mike D mod in creature since you came buy, thats a cool mod. Glad you had fun, see you next time.

#30 8 years ago
    Quoted from CaryCarmichael:

I got to chat with Scotty, but couldn't meet up with him - next time for sure!
    I had a ton of fun with Dave, the head brewer at KIBC. The family and I all came by a couple times to drink the beers and play the pins. Great hospitality, great beer and great pins!
    I hope my dad and I fixed the issue with Monopoly before you're tech came out! Maybe took one less service call off of his plate.
    Oh, what a place! Next time I'm gonna go to Kalalau Beach and live off the island for a few weeks with the rest of the hippies.

hey Cary, it was nice to talk to you. The monopoly ended up having a small broken part that was causing the fuse to blow, lucky the tech had the part and was able to fix it. Next time well hook up. The cftbl has the lcd mod, very cool.

#33 8 years ago
    Quoted from izzy:

Sounds good. I'll contact you one we are there.

perfect time to come, Queens bath/tunnels beach/Lumahai/etc is safe to go to.

#34 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I could go for a bowl of saimin at Hamura's right now...

look me up when you come out, well go fish of something.

#36 8 years ago

kauai is not as crowded as Maui, similar to Hilo side of Big island. Very green,pretty, a lot of water activities, lots of hiking, warm yr round, but no pins except for my house and friends brewery. look me up if you come out.

#41 8 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

I would love to say hello. Is the diving good there or should I dive in Maui?

truthfully, snorkeling/diving is better on big island and maui, kona being the best. Its because we have so many waterfalls here the run off can make the water murky, but because of that its much greener here and prettier, in my opinion.

#42 8 years ago

If you go to Kona, look up my friend (ill give you his info) he has the jet boots and jet water cycle. You can fly around like Iron man over water or ride what look likes a bicycle through the air like a witch on a broom. one of the funnest things ive ever done, but hard. heres a video.

#46 8 years ago
    Quoted from mulder2010:

Those jet boots look like blast

When i first saw it i thought "thats easy i can do that" I was a outta control rocket man, drank gallons of water crashing, but once you get it its like nothing else.

#49 8 years ago
    Quoted from izzy:

That's crazy amazing.

check out the jetovator water bike too. The toys out there nowadays.

#51 8 years ago
    Quoted from Dawson:

I lived over there for a couple years ,man I miss the aloha , and I'm a toehead!and a surfer!
    There used to be a machine across from Ambrose's in kapa'a...
    I will shurly visit and stuff your brewery machines with coin!
    Likly in the fall , for me I need a warm water surf really bad

A machine where? the fun factory? look me up when you come out, we'll go surf.

#53 8 years ago
    Quoted from Dawson:

Yeah it was at the fun factory, I believe it was a hammered POTC.. I bet this was 10 years ago, I never new about your brewery , must be new? In Kapa'a? I still listen to island radio 98.9 on Iheart radio daily..I hung out over at Ambrose's a lot while I was there , I love that guy , a real elder I looked to..

man I wonder what happened to the potc, its not there anymore. Its probably sitting in someone house rotting. I work across the street from ambrose. the brewery is in port allen in eleele. look me up when you come out, i have boards you can borrow.

1 month later
    #56 8 years ago
    Quoted from izzy:

Just met with Scotty, a super nice guy. He has a fantastic IJ. Hope to get down to the Kauai Island Brewing Co. to meet his friend Dave who owns the place and has some games there.
    Izzy

it was cool to hang out, you forgot to mention your hr long game and you slayed my GC score on Indy, Ill be chasing that 3 billion for a long time Dave knows your coming, go play Monopoly/xmen/cftbl/ST/(TAFsometimes)

#59 8 years ago

cool, say hi to Dave, tell him I sent you down. Dont forget to visit queens bath, hanalei pier, sleeping giant hike, waimea canyon, poipu beach, lydgate park, have fun

#61 8 years ago
    Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Very cool of you to offer this! My wife was the one that insisted getting out to Hawaii (Oahu and Maui). I was reluctant, mostly because of the travel time and cost. I loved it, probably more than she did. If I didn't have family where I am, I'd move out to Hawaii in a heartbeat.
    I often wonder how the haole transplants are treated. I've heard some negative things, but in my personal experiences, it was one of the most friendly places I've ever visited.

Next time come to Kauai, prettiest island. If you want to cut down on cost contact me for accommodations, i have a offer you cant beat.
    Theres idiots everywhere, just avoid them. Theres always bad apples everywhere but for the most part the haole thing is way over blown.

#63 8 years ago
    Quoted from jamespin:

Daughters leaving next Friday the 12 for a week on your island and wish I was with them! Not pinballers and even a wozle couldn't pull them in at least not yet. My four year old is another story! Pinball wiz in training lol. My eleven year old adores Bethany and thus the choice of islands. I will make sure they visit the brewery as long as you have root beer too!

Tell them to book the Kalamaku show at the Kilohana Luau(877) 622-1780 , book the show only, the food isnt worth it, $50adults/$40 kids alcohol included. Excellent show, ive seen it 4 times and I always send or bring freinds visiting to see it. Everyone always likes it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kahanaohana.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/if-anyone-comes-to-kauai-rememebr-to-look-me-up?tu=Kahanaohana and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.