(Topic ID: 31134)

If a Pinball Machine theme was an Anime, What theme would you choose?

By PinBiohazard

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

645677 (resized).jpg
    20201220_150618 (resized).jpg
    20201220_150612 (resized).jpg
    20201220_150626 (resized).jpg
    20201220_150602 (resized).jpg
    20201220_150608 (resized).jpg
    jj (resized).png
    th (resized).jpg
    maxresdefault (resized).jpg
    images_1.jpg
    Ktwl.jpg
    image.jpg
    _Anon__Maria_Holic_-_01__XVID__7-1.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    sdf-1_16_large.jpg
    There are 185 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
    #1 11 years ago

I would ether choose NEEDLESS, Gundam 00 or To Aru Majutsu no Index

#2 11 years ago

Flcl, paranoid agent, or black butler

#3 11 years ago

There is only 1 acceptable answer to this. Voltron.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
    #5 11 years ago

Ghost in the shell

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
    #7 11 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

All other Anime is amateur night compared to Urotsuki Douji

I don't know if I should happy or sad that someone else knows Urotsuki Douji. Anyway...I would love a Trigun or Detective Conan pinball machine.

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from QuackenColony:

Anyway...I would love a Trigun or Detective Conan pinball machine.

+1 on Trigun.
    But I put my vote out for One Piece!

#9 11 years ago

Ninja Scroll, no question.

#10 11 years ago

Akira.... Or High School of the Dead

#11 11 years ago

Dragon Ball Z! The goal would be to collect all 7 dragon balls, which of course would result in a crazy multi-ball. You could fight Raditz, Vegita, the Ginyu Force, Freeza, etc., and you could work to achieve Super Sayin (which would make the cabinet go crazy with a super light show). Could be an awesome pin!!

#12 11 years ago

Cowboy Bebop. The soundtrack alone would be awesome..

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from QuackenColony:

I don't know if I should happy or sad that someone else knows Urotsuki Douji.

Very sad, especially if they own the Anime 18 version.

Anytime someone says "Anime is just gays, little girls and robots" I just show them 5 minutes of Urotsuki, and they immediate say "Can I get a copy of this?...."

Of course, latter they ask what else is as good, and I have to tell them, nothing.

#14 11 years ago

Spirited Away would be majorly cool.

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rabscuttle:

Spirited Away would be majorly cool.

Yeah a Miyazaki collection pin would be pretty sweet.

#17 11 years ago

If they make an Akira pin the rule set should be just as difficult to understand as the plot.

My vote is for Starblazers.

#19 11 years ago

I would choose something like Gundam Wing. Something where there is a distinct and varied selection of characters that could be separated into modes. Of course Voltron would work well for that with each lion having it's own mode leading toward a voltron wizard mode.

#20 11 years ago

Guilty Gear.....and that heavy metal soundtrack that comes with it

#21 11 years ago
    Quoted from Jnewton:

Cowboy Bebop. The soundtrack alone would be awesome..

I second this. A pin with smooth Jazz as the soundtrack the entire time? It couldn't get any better.

#23 11 years ago
    Quoted from Bowman9:

"Project A-ko"

I haven't seen that in years, now I'm gonna have to go find it. Also, I would love a Kenshin table, especially if it is based on the Kyoto saga.

#24 11 years ago

ako would be awesome!

man.. I saw urotsukidoji 1/2/3 in the cinema triple play. I walked out a little green. ugh.

here is an AWESOME looking retheme of a buck rogers into an Akira.
    http://otomblr.tumblr.com/post/6629878771/all-time-top-most-must-have-want-mr-sam

I'd love to see a 3x3 Eyes / Sazan Aisu pinball or Bubblegum Crisis (original, not 2040 remake).

#25 11 years ago

Speed Racer.

#26 11 years ago

Shrek

#27 11 years ago

Grendizer

Duke_Fleed__Grendizer_by_EnricoGalli.jpgDuke_Fleed__Grendizer_by_EnricoGalli.jpg Actarus_Duke_Fleed_Grendizer_by_handes.jpgActarus_Duke_Fleed_Grendizer_by_handes.jpg

#28 11 years ago

Ghost in the Shell or Akira.

#29 11 years ago

I really liked Claymore along with classics like ninja scrolls and ghost in the shell.

#30 11 years ago

Forgot Gatchaman/ Battle of the planets too, watched that when i was younger.

#31 11 years ago

It's kind of a mix of anime/cgi, but Inital D would be pretty cool.

#32 11 years ago

I'd pick Avatar (not really anime but anime style), so people knew what the hell it was when it's on route.

#33 11 years ago

+1098765456789 for Cowboy Bebop

1 week later
    #34 11 years ago

wow all good replies

#35 11 years ago

Evangelion

#36 11 years ago

Akira and Urtosukidoji FTW! Anyone wants to purchase the LD OVA of overfiend i have a spare copy.....all 400 minutes of it depraved goodness.

#37 11 years ago

is 12 yr old girls in skirts too generic or too creepy?

#38 11 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I'd pick Avatar (not really anime but anime style), so people knew what the hell it was when it's on route.

I agree. It may not be true anime, but I think Avatar stacks up well against anything else out there. Plus, there are just so many great quotes you could use for the pin, as well as a plethora of really cool characters.

#39 11 years ago
    Quoted from crazyerk:

Dragon Ball Z! The goal would be to collect all 7 dragon balls, which of course would result in a crazy multi-ball. You could fight Raditz, Vegita, the Ginyu Force, Freeza, etc., and you could work to achieve Super Sayin (which would make the cabinet go crazy with a super light show). Could be an awesome pin!!

agreed

#40 11 years ago

Holy crap, buncha nerds LOL...

You know SOME fool will eventually re-theme Transformers as an Evangelion pinball, right?

I'm voting (not unrpredictably) with Rabscuttle here. Good lord, that had better be the BEST PLAYFIELD ART EVER!

could you put black nickel balls in it for the little coal dust creatures? lol.

#41 11 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Holy crap, buncha nerds LOL...

Yeah, what a bunch of losers!

(I'd probably break Robin's hard drive if I was to weigh in on this subject. )

Let's start with the basics though...

"Macross/Robotech"

Macross.jpgMacross.jpg

Think F-14 on steroicrack!!!

#42 11 years ago
    Quoted from crazyerk:

You know if anybody made that it would cost OVER $9000!

Honestly the DBZ is the only one here that seems to be able to convert into a Pinball. I can't think how any of the others would.

A Cowboy Bebop would be awesome!!

#43 11 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Ghost in the shell

+1 to that

#44 11 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

Yeah, what a bunch of losers!
    (I'd probably break Robin's hard drive if I was to weigh in on this subject. )
    Let's start with the basics though...
    "Macross/Robotech"

+2 to that as well lol

#45 11 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Hahaha!

Seriously though, my vote would be Space Battleship Yamato where there was a video mode where you got to tear off Nova's clothes like in that wormhole temporal rift thing... or whatever. The important point is the clothes ripping off. God. I was seven when I first saw that. I knew I liked it, a LOT, just wasn't precisely sure why.

Wave Motion Gun mode. Shock Cannon Multiball. Pretty awesome.

#46 11 years ago

Clearly, Ranma 1/2 is the ideal choice when it comes to the endless creative rule set possibilities.

-BB

#47 11 years ago

Robocross would have been cool but is dated.
    I too would like the real Avatar as I think it has a good storyline. Would prefer the cartoons but the movies would be more likely. Lots of material to use.

#48 11 years ago

I'm probably going to be crucified for saying this, but Pokémon. I envision the game allowing you to choose a starter Pokémon at the outset, and then you have to find and capture 5 other Pokémon during the game - doing battles in the process, fighting with your rival, getting gym badges, defeat the elite 4 during the Wizard Mode, etc. Everything is already in place for it to be made into a pin.

#49 11 years ago

Akira without a doubt....

#50 11 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Man, when i read the title of the thread i had this in mind. Thing is, as a pinball, would be one of the most offensive things you could build. I would buy it in a heartbeat....haha. Where else can you see cartoon demons with multi cocked appendages ravaging feline hybrid sex goddesses?

There are 185 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/if-a-pinball-machine-theme-was-an-anime-what-theme-would-you-choose?hl=nogoodnames222 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.