(Topic ID: 31134)

If a Pinball Machine theme was an Anime, What theme would you choose?

By PinBiohazard

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

645677 (resized).jpg
    20201220_150618 (resized).jpg
    20201220_150612 (resized).jpg
    20201220_150626 (resized).jpg
    20201220_150602 (resized).jpg
    20201220_150608 (resized).jpg
    jj (resized).png
    th (resized).jpg
    maxresdefault (resized).jpg
    images_1.jpg
    Ktwl.jpg
    image.jpg
    _Anon__Maria_Holic_-_01__XVID__7-1.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    sdf-1_16_large.jpg
    There are 185 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #151 8 years ago

Urotsukidoji

Nuff said.

#152 8 years ago

Mobile Suit Gundam The Origin. Especially if they used the art from the manga. It is being made into an anime with the first part already out.

#153 8 years ago

Well it all depends on what kind of machine you want. If you want an EM, you can do really anything. You could do a retheme or whatever, it's all quite simple. An SS should be fine if you are doing a thing like Fireball 2 (which has the best sounds by the way), then a few sounds are all you need along with the theme. But then you get to the modern DMDs...

For a modern Stern-style DMD machine or whatever you need modes and multiballs and wizard modes and objectives and cool features and then there need to be basic shots and on the water rules but there need to then bee deeper rules for professional players so that you are making it an accessible machine.

For a DMD I would make a call on AoT (Attack on Titan), Bleach and/or One Piece. I could write up a dictionary-sized book of rules for these three machines.

The problem I have with Pokemon is that the actual character base is so varied and there are too many characters. If you were to make a machine and focus it on Ash and Pikachu (for example), people might not like that, and the game would be all askew for those people who are biased in opinion and e.c.t.

Moe just wouldn't work, because moe. I mean, who would want a Squid Girl or Toradora machine (other than me).

I'll wrap up with some more cool ideas:
    Log Horizon, Death Note, Ben-To (from what I've seen - many food, such fight, girl alert), Clannad (not a popular theme necessarily along the guys, but if you haven't watched it, go. It would be innocent), Death Parade (?), Girls and Panzer (kidding), FLCL, Eden of the East, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Cowboy Bebop and Serial Experiments Lain (although I have not watched it). That's just some of them, I haven't watched all of these, but I know quite a bit about them if I haven't.

Danni
    http://myanimelist.net/profile/danni55558152 (pretty up to date, potentially inaccurate. My to watch list is way askew with the wrong anime on there :/)

#154 8 years ago

I like how my thread keeps reviving itself

but

How about Maria+Holic
    _Anon__Maria_Holic_-_01__XVID__7-1.jpg_Anon__Maria_Holic_-_01__XVID__7-1.jpg

#155 8 years ago

Kill Bill

#157 8 years ago

Not a Anime

#158 8 years ago

Anime fail. Lol

Just went and saw When Marnie was There With Danni_NZ.

She's still crying lol

rd

#159 8 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Anime fail. Lol
    Just went and saw When Marnie was There With Danni_NZ.
    She's still crying lol
    rd

Thanks for letting everyone know that one.
    IT WAS SOOOOOO SAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAD. image.jpgimage.jpg

#161 8 years ago

images (1).jpgimages (1).jpgNo brainer... Ren & Stimpy

#162 8 years ago

I didn't skim the whole thread but there's a classic that would work for an EM-like throwback style play (like big juicy melons) to a modern machine -- Lupin the 3rd.

Also, another if you went with something modern, check into Kill la Kill as that has a good essential setup that would line out a table nicely.

I'm sure the obvious big stuff like Macross, Gundam, Akira, DBZ, etc have been listed, and the sad reality is if none of those happen, none of the others would either outside of some fan service project like that Goonies table.

5 years later
    #163 3 years ago

A Goldorak pinball

#164 3 years ago

An Hokuto No Ken pinball

#165 3 years ago

To post my suggestion, I must first admit two things:
    1. I've watched "Is the Order a Rabbit?" / "Gochuumon wa Usagi desu ka?" in its entirety.
    2. Every scene of the cafe, I wonder in the back of my head where they could fit a pinball machine in there. It's a bar at night, like come on.

Elements that a GochiUsa game would absolutely need:
    1. Fluffy spherical rabbit topper.
    2. Pistol grip autoplunger. (Makes sense in context)
    3. A multiball start sequence depicting the time that Chino blew up a city gate with a magic spell, which totally happened according to her friends.
    4. Head pats.
    5. A mode in which you fight a hoard of zombies. (Makes sense in context)

Quoted from Danni_NZ:

Moe just wouldn't work, because moe. I mean, who would want a Squid Girl or Toradora machine (other than me).

Me, apparently, as my own suggestion is moe enough to induce diabetes. Also, a Squid Girl game would be amazing.

1 month later
    #166 3 years ago

Neon Genesis Evangelion for sure. Each angel would be a mission... Tokyo 3 could be a under the main playfield, playfield. Wizard modes could be the 3rd impact, etc. Character selects through Eva 00 thru 03, etc. Would be bomb ass pin, perhaps Jersey Jack should look to liscence?

#167 3 years ago

Trigun/Beserk/BlackLagoon

#168 3 years ago

Girls and Panzer!

maxresdefault (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (resized).jpg
    #169 3 years ago
    th (resized).jpgth (resized).jpg
    #170 3 years ago

I see lots of Manga titles. Does Tom & Jerry also count as anime?

#171 3 years ago

Flip a coin......
    Cowboy Bepop
    Ninja Scroll

Honorable Mention.......
    Fist of the North Star
    Space Adventure Cobra

Not technically anime but would make a great pin....
    Voltron

As far as Akira goes, I think it's way way way overrated.

#172 3 years ago
    jj (resized).pngjj (resized).png
    #173 3 years ago

I'm not big into Anime, but Death Note, Hellsing, and Initial D could get my attention.

#174 3 years ago
    Quoted from unigroove:

Tom & Jerry also count as anime?

no

2 months later
    #175 3 years ago

Guys guys guys.... what about Sailor Moon???

20201220_150602 (resized).jpg20201220_150602 (resized).jpg20201220_150612 (resized).jpg20201220_150612 (resized).jpg20201220_150626 (resized).jpg20201220_150626 (resized).jpg20201220_150608 (resized).jpg20201220_150608 (resized).jpg20201220_150618 (resized).jpg20201220_150618 (resized).jpg
    #176 3 years ago

Dragon Ball Z

#177 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tris:

Guys guys guys.... what about Sailor Moon???

Not gonna lie, that's a very nice retheme.

#178 3 years ago

Ghost in the shell

3 months later
    #179 3 years ago
    Quoted from zenbone:

Ghost in the shell

Someone's already made a ghost in the shell home-brew with mini playfield. It's kinda cool.

#180 3 years ago

Konosuba

#182 3 years ago
    645677 (resized).jpg645677 (resized).jpg
    1 year later
    #183 1 year ago

Yu Yu Hakusho!

8 months later
    #184 1 year ago

Just gonna necro this thread with some new stuff I discovered in the past year.

First of all, "Spy x Family". A story about a secret agent, an assassin, and their adopted daughter with telepathic powers. Each episode is a "mission" (modes...?) working towards the ultimate goal of Agent Twilight's spy campaign, which is to gain military intelligence from the leader of the opposing party in a government locked in a cold war. But in order to do this, he has to create the fake identity of Loid Forger, find a woman willing to pretend to be his wife, adopt a daughter to pretend to be his child, and socially engineer his way up to his target Donovan Desmond's social circle by way of the prestigious school his son is attending. Oh, and his wife, Yor Briar, is secretly the deadly assassin Thorn Princess, and neither of them knows the other's secret. Meanwhile, little Anya, who could read minds from the beginning, knows all.

Watchable on Hulu in English up to episode 12, and the second episode treats us to the absolute greatest marriage proposal of all time. There are numerous action scenes that could become hurryups or multiball modes, an allied agent named Franky who could deliver context-related awards, and I could see random award prediction or reflexive ball-save features themed around Anya's mind reading power.

The other anime that stole my heart recently is "Bocchi the Rock!". Just when you thought we didn't need more music pins. BTR follows a high school girl with crippling social anxiety, who spends her time expressing herself by playing the electric guitar. When a friendly student of a neighboring school notices her skills, she invites the painfully shy Hitori Gotoh to become part of her indie band, nicknaming her Bocchi-chan after the term "hitoribocchi" meaning "all alone." It's adorable, heartwarming, and wholesome, full of visual jokes and a lot of moments that hit way too close to home.

I can picture a ball lock mech inspired by Thing from TAF, except it's Bocchi hiding in a trash can and just peeking out enough to grab the ball. That said, if a BTR-themed game was built, there would be no excuse whatsoever for it to have messy wiring. That's because the girls name their group Kessoku Band... the Japanese term for "zip tie."

#185 1 year ago
    Quoted from Gornkleschnitzer:

Just gonna necro this thread with some new stuff I discovered in the past year.

I'm glad you did Spy x Family is a lot of fun, and I had not heard of Bocchi but I know what we're watching at my house tonight!

There are 185 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/if-a-pinball-machine-theme-was-an-anime-what-theme-would-you-choose/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.