(Topic ID: 31134)

If a Pinball Machine theme was an Anime, What theme would you choose?

By PinBiohazard

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

645677 (resized).jpg
    20201220_150618 (resized).jpg
    20201220_150612 (resized).jpg
    20201220_150626 (resized).jpg
    20201220_150602 (resized).jpg
    20201220_150608 (resized).jpg
    jj (resized).png
    th (resized).jpg
    maxresdefault (resized).jpg
    images_1.jpg
    Ktwl.jpg
    image.jpg
    _Anon__Maria_Holic_-_01__XVID__7-1.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    sdf-1_16_large.jpg
    There are 185 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
    #51 11 years ago

Ricky Oh: The story of Ricky had an anime didn't it? Or maybe Ichi the Killer. The anime wasn't as good as the real movie version, but pinball can always be a loose translation.

#52 11 years ago
    Quoted from Russo121:

Where else can you see cartoon demons with multi cocked appendages ravaging feline hybrid sex goddesses?

in part 2 3 and 4. Also in Adventure Kid. I could go on.......

#53 11 years ago

Cowboy Bebop! Take down bounties to rockin' jazz music. Shoot thru the Gates in a hypersonic "Launch Ball". Take on Vicious in the Wizard Mode while "Walk in the Rain" plays menacingly in the background, intensifying with each shot.

#54 11 years ago

Big O or Mighty Orbots for me. I'd also accept Voltron if they featured several Robeasts in addition to V/the lions. Is Thundercats considered anime light? If so, I'd choose them as well. Not a huge fan of anime, but there are a few cool titles that would work.

#55 11 years ago
    Quoted from Mateui:

I'm probably going to be crucified for saying this, but Pokémon. I envision the game allowing you to choose a starter Pokémon at the outset, and then you have to find and capture 5 other Pokémon during the game - doing battles in the process, fighting with your rival, getting gym badges, defeat the elite 4 during the Wizard Mode, etc. Everything is already in place for it to be made into a pin.

Yeah, most people are pretty burned out on Pokémon, but you do bring up some good points.
    There's lot of potential for modes and goals (Hell, you could even work in a palchise game like in the game centers from the games!)

#56 11 years ago

Berserk. Between the 30+ mangas, 25 anime episodes and the new 3+ movies to be released there is heaps of ideas for a PF! Set in medieval Europe, with swords, kings, monsters, castles, DID's (Damsels in Distress) this would be a great pinball! Yea maybe some of the others mentioned here have more lore to choose from but anyone that has seen Berserk will tell you how dark and epic it is. GUTS FTW!!!

#57 11 years ago

Robotech!

Star Blazers and A-ko would work.

But the greatest would be Fist of the north star.

Match play screen: "I have won and you have lost. The question is why?"

#58 11 years ago

Aheh rotfl a tentacle rape one came to mind to me as well(recently having fun watching la blue girl with friends).

But I gotta go with who said Akira and Ninja scroll, so that even children that aren't japanese can play th-.. could they?! They're pretty brutal aheh
    /jokes

#59 11 years ago

Trigun all the way, Bleach could be sweet too.

#60 11 years ago

How is it I have never heard of any of these?

(Accept Shrek, avatar, and speed racer)

#61 11 years ago

Hellsing was the most recent thing I watched in terms of anime. I choose that. Vampires and Nazis were one strange combination

#62 11 years ago

Record of Lodoss War is some good anime too.

2 months later
    #63 11 years ago

Hellsing Ultimate would be good

#64 11 years ago

Sailor Moon

Real-Life-Sailor-Scouts-sailor-moon-32.jpgReal-Life-Sailor-Scouts-sailor-moon-32.jpg

#65 11 years ago

One Piece. 100%

#66 11 years ago
    Quoted from ovfdfireman:

How is it I have never heard of any of these?
    (Accept Shrek, Avatar, and speed racer)

Because you're normal?

#67 11 years ago

I would choose to not play or buy. I might even choose to attack them with a chain saw.

#68 11 years ago
    Quoted from The_Gorilla:

I would choose to not play or buy. I might even choose to attack them with a chain saw.

Zombie gorilla!
    Quick, shoot it in the face! (On account of your newly resurrected self!)

C'mon T_G...
    Today's Anime has something for everyone!
    Just look at AkumaZeto, he's found his niche. LOL.
    Put the chainsaw down, unless you're cosplaying as Ayumu Aikawa from "Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?"
    Then, and only then would I allow such talk!

Here is a little taste of what I'm talking about...

Ayumu-ish.jpgAyumu-ish.jpg
    (The T_G facial resemblance is uncanny BTW... )

#69 11 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

Zombie gorilla!
    Quick, shoot it in the face!

I could handle anime theme until I started coming on here and seeing your ridiculous avatars all of the time!

(as opposed to my avatars which are classy and based on real life)

#70 11 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

Zombie gorilla!

Could we make a Zombie Gorilla Anime pinball? Now that would be cool. Anime chicks killing Zombie Gorillas! (Sorry T_G)

#71 11 years ago

I smell a Congo re-theme!

#72 11 years ago
    Quoted from Mateui:

I'm probably going to be crucified for saying this, but Pokémon. I envision the game allowing you to choose a starter Pokémon at the outset, and then you have to find and capture 5 other Pokémon during the game - doing battles in the process, fighting with your rival, getting gym badges, defeat the elite 4 during the Wizard Mode, etc. Everything is already in place for it to be made into a pin.

Hahahahahahaha!...

You're actually right.
    I would have voted for Evangelion (deep rule set, battle all angels, start third impact),
    Or Dragonball Z, all the characters, but I think Pokémon could've a very fun and family friendly game.

#73 11 years ago
    Quoted from ThePostmaster:

Anime chicks killing Zombie Gorillas!

If I get to play the Gorilla and have the real life Sailor Moon crew attacking, I could be persuaded.

Quoted from NimblePin:

I smell a Congo re-theme

Why not? Oh, and I just checked back to your original post and saw the pic you added. Classic. I do miss you, NP. You're one of a kind!

#74 11 years ago
    Quoted from The_Gorilla:

I do miss you, NP. You're one of a kind!

+1000000 to the 10th power

I will make it out west for some Golf one of these days!

#76 11 years ago

vampire hunter D

#77 11 years ago

If you want something depressing, make a Grave of the Fireflies pin.

#78 11 years ago

Appleseed Exmachina

#79 11 years ago

Vampire Hunter D image.jpgimage.jpg

#80 11 years ago

Has anyone mentioned Ghost in the Shell?

#81 11 years ago

If a Pinball Machine theme was an Anime, What theme would you choose?

To not buy it !!! You've got to be kidding me ...

1 month later
    #82 11 years ago

I still Vote for "One Piece", and it would have to have this on the play-field:

IMG_3969.jpgIMG_3969.jpg IMG_3972.jpgIMG_3972.jpg

#83 11 years ago

Space Pirate Captain Harlock!
    But I'd be happy with a Cowboy Bebop, FLCL, or Speed Racer as well. It's shocking there isn't already a Robotech one though, if they made one for some reason I'd prefer it to be an early SS style one - rocking a 70's style.

#84 11 years ago

Heavy Metal or Akira

Chris

#85 11 years ago

Robotech

#86 11 years ago

Ninja scroll, naruto, avatar, cowboy bebop, inuyasha, voltron. You can go on all day.

#87 11 years ago

Vampire D!

#88 11 years ago

Pic

image.jpgimage.jpg

4 months later
    #89 10 years ago

Madoka theme would be awesome, hunting the witches and for final mode ether rescue magic girls throughout history or battle witch form madoka with god madoka

#91 10 years ago

Battle of the Planets

#92 10 years ago

Record of the Lodos War, Vampire Hunter D, Voltron, Ninja Scroll, and most of all WICKED CITY!

#93 10 years ago

Lupin the third

#94 10 years ago

Animatrix

The-Animatrix-La.jpgThe-Animatrix-La.jpg

#95 10 years ago

Star Blazers (Space Battleship Yamato)

#96 10 years ago

Macross would be my #1 choice for sure. Followed by Bebop, GitS, and Trigun.

-Hans

#97 10 years ago

Urotsukidoji: Legend of the Overfiend

#98 10 years ago

Evangelion would be my top pick. Rurouni Kenshin and Fullmetal Alchemist would be my runners up.

Cowboy Bebop and Ninja Scroll are really good suggestions too though.

I think DBZ is an easy fit for pinball but its sort of been done to death..

#99 10 years ago

Battle of the Planets. Yeah, the Americanized version, 'cuz I'd like to see playfield toys of 7-Zark-7 and 1-Rover-1.

Also acceptable would be Roujin Z.

2 months later
    #100 10 years ago

Steins;Gate. BIG potential with some *hints* the show used. Love the comedy!

There are 185 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/if-a-pinball-machine-theme-was-an-anime-what-theme-would-you-choose/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.