(Topic ID: 112652)

If a $5k LOTR Vault is released before Hobbit, what will you get?

By YKpinballer

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 172 posts
  • 72 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by flynnibus
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“If a $5k LOTR VE released before the Hobbit, which would you get?”

• Hobbit 64 votes
    24%
  • Lord of the Rings 183 votes
    69%
  • Both 20 votes
    7%

(267 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Clams.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thedefog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#114 4 years ago

If Stern releases a LoTR VE for $5k, I will sell my very nice Funhouse and purchase my first NIB game ever. In other words, not gonna happen at $5k in the current market.

#119 4 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

From what I'm hearing it seems like so many people would be blown away by a $5k price point they would jump all over it.

Unless we get an extremely stripped down version of a game, a la The Pin, we will never see a $5 LoTR. $6500 is more likely what it would start at.

#130 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Stern would like for you to report for duty Monday. Well, actually I'd like for you to, but if you were to were to get a facility tour and disappeared along the way, only to reappear in an office, maybe they'd get tired of looking for you. On Tuesday show up at 7:30a and follow the first guy in and just set up camp. Then at the weekly meeting announce that you have been tasked by the partner to use your mad computer skills to make this happen. After you have successfully compiled the code, visit Gary in his office and explain that he needs to get this done. That's how I'd do approach it anyways.

No need to bash here. For a redemption game, 4 days is absolutely possible. But unless you're talking about virtualization/emulation on newer hardware, a port from one specialized piece of pin hardware to another 4 days is not possible unless your program is very small. Only Stern employees would know for sure how difficult a task it would be. For all we know, the Whitestar stuff can be emulated on the current generation boards or they have methods to port and compile.

#159 4 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Make new games, lots of lotr, tspp, trons etc out there, what I dont get is guys wanting it for 5k, you see beautiful huo machines around this price all the time, why not just buy them?

If this were true, I'd have one. I see nothing but $6500+ HUO or more.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thedefog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside