(Topic ID: 112652)

If a $5k LOTR Vault is released before Hobbit, what will you get?

By YKpinballer

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 172 posts
  • 72 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by flynnibus
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“If a $5k LOTR VE released before the Hobbit, which would you get?”

• Hobbit 64 votes
    24%
  • Lord of the Rings 183 votes
    69%
  • Both 20 votes
    7%

(267 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Clams.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigdaddy07.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 9 years ago

LOTR are selling HUO for 4500. Stern's new price will certainly be higher, so I just don't see it happening. Tron pro would make more sense since HUO goes from 5400 bone stock to 6500 modded to the hilt. At least the NIB price could (possibly) come below the used market. In either case they are still competing against the secondary market.

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

I see it as competing against The Hobbit. I'm guessing Stern would rather people buy Stern machines than JJP. If they release LOTR at 5k, obviously the secondary market value would drop, which they don't care about.

I don't think they really care that much about competing against the Hobbit. Besides, I think people that want a Hobbit are going to buy one regardless. The games are completely different aside from the similarity in the theme. I also don't see how they are going to release LOTR today for 5k.

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

In 2013 pro models were being released at ~$4600 shipped to your door. LOTR is a pin that has already been developed and requires very little tweaking. Am I missing something here?

I dunno. I personally feel that LOTR is more comparable to premiums today than pros. They would need to strip down some of the toys, wireforms, ect to bring it down to a pro.

#34 9 years ago

I can understand the lure of NIB, but you would be better off getting an nice HUO for 4500 that you can sell later (if you choose for 4500). If they release a VE for 5k and collapse the used market, then if you decide to sell, its going to be for like 4k tops and your going to take at least a 1k shot in the ass for the NIB experience. Just saying, if your loaded and 1k doesn't matter, then cool. In my household, 1k is still something.

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I owned LOTR for eight years. Great game. But besides more refined code it really doesn't have much on the likes of MET Pro or ST Pro (I own an ST now and my buddies have MET). What.....more wire? A shaky tower?

Are you serious?
Passthrough ring
Magnet
upper playfield
2 metal ramps
wireforms
metal sword ball lock
3 vuks
divertor
2 towers
LED ring board

What does ST pro have?
Vengeance
third flipper.......

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballsmith:

I don't see how people can still say something is "impossible" with everything that's been going on.

The only time "impossible" was said was your post and the OPs last post. The others were just saying unlikely. Big difference.

#51 9 years ago

Woah!!! Clam down, man. I didn't know I needed a bibliography attached referencing other pinside threads here on the site.

I was speaking only about this thread. A quick page search and you can find out the truth before you make incorrect statements.

#55 9 years ago

Ah shit. I apologize guys. I allowed myself to get roped into drama and I generally try to avoid that here.

Carry on!

#56 9 years ago

Than I apologize, but you do need to explain that better. Do you mean incorrect as in this thread or every thread?

Nah just this thread. See my above post. My bad.

#71 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Everyone is also forgetting the devil bash toy that swings out.

How in the world did I miss that? LOL

If you guys want a NIB LOTR, then I truly hope Stern can deliver for the price your looking for. I completely understand, mines been bolted to the floor for 4 years and still not going anywhere anytime in the near future. Its a great game and everyone should have any opportunity to enjoy it.

#121 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

How many times do we have to go over this? LOTR doesn't have that many "toys".
1) Sword lock ramp...errr, wireform really.
2) Ring (which is just one circular magnet ala TOTAN)
3) Balrog
4) Tower that pathetically falls over
5) Can we even say the mini-playfield?
That's it. It's already stripped.

I'm curious, if LOTR is considered "stripped", then what game would you consider loaded? Aside from WoZ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 25.50
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

9,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

9,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Baton Rouge, LA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 39.50
$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

9,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigdaddy07.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/if-a-5k-lotr-vault-is-released-before-hobbit-what-will-you-get?tu=bigdaddy07 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.