(Topic ID: 112652)

If a $5k LOTR Vault is released before Hobbit, what will you get?

By YKpinballer

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 172 posts
  • 72 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by flynnibus
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“If a $5k LOTR VE released before the Hobbit, which would you get?”

• Hobbit 64 votes
    24%
  • Lord of the Rings 183 votes
    69%
  • Both 20 votes
    7%

(267 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Clams.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider baiter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#73 4 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

But now finding out that LOTR Vault Edition is a likely Stern release around the same time, (slightly earlier if they're smart) it takes a weight off my shoulders. Damn, I can get a $5kish game instead!

I don't get the impression Stern is doing another VE for a year, and that being LOTR is unlikely IMO.

#82 4 years ago
Quoted from Topper20:

I would jump on a LOTR VE in a heartbeat for 5k, Unfortunatelly I fear it will be well over the 5k mark. As we have moved passed that price range a while ago for a NIB game and from what I've seen over the years nothing ever goes down when there is a demand. I hope I am wrong because I will put my money down on the first day, guaranteed.

Stern has yet to surpass $5k street price on a Pro, I'm still mystified why people keep thinking LOTR has such a huge BOM that it will be automatically priced at Premium levels. It was a pro model built like all other pro models contemporary to it.

#109 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

is the demand REALLY there? It's doubtful that operators want LOTR again....they already have/had tons. Maybe 100-200 people would put their money where their mouth is, and that's being generous. Stern won't put it back in production with those numbers.

That same argument was used against the IM VE, but we know how that turned out.

Quoted from playernumber4:

You will never see a $5000 LOTR VE. IF they make a VE it will be more like the $6200 range because it will take sales away from whatever they have on the market at the time.

If that was true IM VE would have been $6200 too. Stern sells pros at pro prices.

#154 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

No, you missed my point entirely.
LOTR - TONS made, operators are over it, it's not used in tournaments, prices are "normal".
IM - Not many made, operators wanted it, tournaments wanted it, collectors wanted it, prices were going apeshit.
There was no argument against IMve...all the factors were in place, including Mustang bombing, IM license still being relevant & IM having the cheapest BOM in a Stern ever.

Sure, all those arguments for IMVE were made for months and years, yet there were so many reasons against another run being made from Stern that everyone gave up... and then against all odds, IMVE was born. It doesn't matter how many were made before, all that matters is whether there is enough demand to justify a run, and my gut tells me an LOTRVE run would sell as many as IMVE did.

Also there are too many invalid arguments about IM BOM being that rock bottom.. go ahead and compare it to XM Pro, AV Pro, ACDC Pro, etc... it's just not much different.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Williamson Pinball Mods
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Forever

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider baiter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside