(Topic ID: 112652)

If a $5k LOTR Vault is released before Hobbit, what will you get?

By YKpinballer

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 172 posts
  • 72 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by flynnibus
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“If a $5k LOTR VE released before the Hobbit, which would you get?”

• Hobbit 64 votes
    24%
  • Lord of the Rings 183 votes
    69%
  • Both 20 votes
    7%

(267 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Clams.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kcpinballfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#23 9 years ago

They will be able to release it at that price or lower because they don't have to pay a designer or R & D costs, I think Metallica pro is a good example of comparison.

#139 9 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Make new games, lots of lotr, tspp, trons etc out there, what I dont get is guys wanting it for 5k, you see beautiful huo machines around this price all the time, why not just buy them?

You just answered your own question, new trumps huo.

#142 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

It does? By how much?

Why would I spend 5k on used when I can get it new for the same price? I don't really understand your question.

#144 9 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

I'll be honest, I was all in for a TH, but after hearing this, it's tipped the scales. I'm going to just lay low with what I have for the time being. I know what I'm into with what I have, and what to expect. I'd lose my shit if that starting happening to a new game I just bought.

Is this just happening with one game or a bunch? If Its one game I don't understand the concern especially if Jack had already responded and tried to make the customer happy.

#146 9 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

I don't know, I asked that in the other tread but didn't get an answer. I've been getting cold feet with everything lately though, and just don't want to risk any more stress in something not being what I hoped for. I don't know, but my gut is just telling me to just stick to what I have now.
All this pre-order/boutique insanity in the last while is driving me away from the new market completely. I still feel the most comfortable with JJP for a long shot, but when I read the issues with PF's chipping, I thought - ok, that's the breaking point for me.

Well hopefully jjp will respond to these concerns, he seems to have sent a new playfield to fix that problem. I'm sure things like this happened back in the day with bally/williams. That complete plastic playfield protector is looking like a must have about now.

#148 9 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

so after I spend $8500 on a game I need to buy playfield protection? Are you serious
For that kind of money that's F÷=% uped.

No, I was just kidding. Nothing to see here.

How is that any different then mylar that has been put on games for the last 25 years? It's $150 and a suggestion if you are worried about wear on your machine.

#152 9 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

25 years ago games were going on location and getting more play in one month then a year of HUO do you really think mylar was put on game because they were going to see a few thousand games played.

Whatever dude, if a bunch of people come forward and show that its happening to their games then it a problem, but until then you are just hating because well you hate jjp. As I said before lets wait and see what jjp's response to the situation is instead of the constant doom and gloom. I want to hear of some operators that have the game on location with a ton of plays and hear how they have held up.

Pinball manufacturing is not perfect, there are gonna be defective parts that go unnoticed but its how the company handles the problem is what matters.

#158 9 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

He sent a blank playfield so now you need to buy or build two playfield rotisseries before you even start. Of all games to swap if you have never done a swap WOZ is not the one to start with all the toys and the upper play fields would be killer. All in all the guy is f@#ked.

That was agreed upon by the customer. And now he's not happy with it. If anything Jack tried to keep the customer happy by shipping him a free playfield. I don't see anything wrong with the way it was handled. If it was my game I wouldn't have settled on an unpopulated playfield but hindsight is 20/20. Maybe Jack will chime in about it today before it picks up a head of steam.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
$ 39.50
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 18.95
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

€ 7.50
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kcpinballfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/if-a-5k-lotr-vault-is-released-before-hobbit-what-will-you-get?tu=Kcpinballfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.