(Topic ID: 112652)

If a $5k LOTR Vault is released before Hobbit, what will you get?

By YKpinballer

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 172 posts
  • 72 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by flynnibus
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“If a $5k LOTR VE released before the Hobbit, which would you get?”

• Hobbit 64 votes
    24%
  • Lord of the Rings 183 votes
    69%
  • Both 20 votes
    7%

(267 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Clams.JPG

There are 172 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 4 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

No, I was just kidding. Nothing to see here.
How is that any different then mylar that has been put on games for the last 25 years? It's $150 and a suggestion if you are worried about wear on your machine.

25 years ago games were going on location and getting more play in one month then a year of HUO do you really think mylar was put on game because they were going to see a few thousand games played.

#152 4 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

25 years ago games were going on location and getting more play in one month then a year of HUO do you really think mylar was put on game because they were going to see a few thousand games played.

Whatever dude, if a bunch of people come forward and show that its happening to their games then it a problem, but until then you are just hating because well you hate jjp. As I said before lets wait and see what jjp's response to the situation is instead of the constant doom and gloom. I want to hear of some operators that have the game on location with a ton of plays and hear how they have held up.

Pinball manufacturing is not perfect, there are gonna be defective parts that go unnoticed but its how the company handles the problem is what matters.

#153 4 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

what I dont get is guys wanting it for 5k, you see beautiful huo machines around this price all the time, why not just buy them?

I will buy your LOTR right now for 5k.

#154 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

No, you missed my point entirely.
LOTR - TONS made, operators are over it, it's not used in tournaments, prices are "normal".
IM - Not many made, operators wanted it, tournaments wanted it, collectors wanted it, prices were going apeshit.
There was no argument against IMve...all the factors were in place, including Mustang bombing, IM license still being relevant & IM having the cheapest BOM in a Stern ever.

Sure, all those arguments for IMVE were made for months and years, yet there were so many reasons against another run being made from Stern that everyone gave up... and then against all odds, IMVE was born. It doesn't matter how many were made before, all that matters is whether there is enough demand to justify a run, and my gut tells me an LOTRVE run would sell as many as IMVE did.

Also there are too many invalid arguments about IM BOM being that rock bottom.. go ahead and compare it to XM Pro, AV Pro, ACDC Pro, etc... it's just not much different.

#155 4 years ago

You just answered your own question, new trumps huo.

It does, I agree, but with guys saying its going to be more like 6k-6.5k, I wouldnt buy a new one over a nice huo, in fact I didnt kind of, rather than waiting for a tspp ve I just bought a beautiful huo one and its in my basement now being played

#156 4 years ago

Well hopefully jjp will respond to these concerns, he seems to have sent a new playfield to fix that problem. I'm sure things like this happened back in the day with bally/williams. That complete plastic playfield protector is looking like a must have about now.

He sent a blank playfield so now you need to buy or build two playfield rotisseries before you even start. Of all games to swap if you have never done a swap WOZ is not the one to start with all the toys and the upper play fields would be killer. All in all the guy is f@#ked.

#157 4 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

I will buy your LOTR right now for 5k.

Canada is a different story but to be fair a nib pro is more like 6k here

#158 4 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

He sent a blank playfield so now you need to buy or build two playfield rotisseries before you even start. Of all games to swap if you have never done a swap WOZ is not the one to start with all the toys and the upper play fields would be killer. All in all the guy is f@#ked.

That was agreed upon by the customer. And now he's not happy with it. If anything Jack tried to keep the customer happy by shipping him a free playfield. I don't see anything wrong with the way it was handled. If it was my game I wouldn't have settled on an unpopulated playfield but hindsight is 20/20. Maybe Jack will chime in about it today before it picks up a head of steam.

#159 4 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Make new games, lots of lotr, tspp, trons etc out there, what I dont get is guys wanting it for 5k, you see beautiful huo machines around this price all the time, why not just buy them?

If this were true, I'd have one. I see nothing but $6500+ HUO or more.

#160 4 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

If this were true, I'd have one. I see nothing but $6500+ HUO or more.

Hmm, there are lots sold on here for around that mark, heres one asking 5600 looks sweet!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-t2-indiana-jones-lotr

#161 4 years ago

Or make one of these boys an offer I hope you get one, great game!

Lord of The Rings, 2003 Stern: 5800
Low-play, HUO. NVRAM chip installed on the board, so you never lose high scores or setting or need AAA batteries again, shaker motor+LE code upgrade, Rock custom pinball under-cab lighting paired with pinball toppers LED speaker light kit+backlit acrylic rings mounted in speaker grills. I cannot find a flaw on this machine's playfield or cabinet. It plays fast and very smoothly. Shire protector decal. Prewired for a subwoofer (I can remove this if the buyer desires). The original owner installed clear cabinet protectors around the flipper buttons, so the art is still pristine. The pin also has a gold shooter rod upgrade.
Mark
Atlantic City, New Jersey

Posted: 11 December 2014

Lord of The Rings, 2004 Stern: 5500
Super nice, HUO, has about 4000 plays, so there is a tiny amount of wear near outside of cabinet near flipper buttons, other than that, super nice, pix avail.
Scott
Reno, Nevada

Posted: 24 November 2014

Lord of The Rings, 2006 Stern: 5800
HUO collector quality condition. Manufacture date of May 2006. This game is in phenomenal condition with no visible scratches or scuffs on the cabinet except for a single small indentation on the back of the cabinet. There is absolutely no wear on the playfield which shines and plays lightning fast. Extremely low play count with just 736 total plays ever on this game. All switches have been tested and the rubbers on the game have all been updated with new and fresh quality rubber. The game looks and smells like it came directly out of the box. This is one of Stern's most highly sought after games with amazing theme, artwork, toys, and depth of game play. You won't be disappointed with the game and you would be very hard-pressed to find one in comparable condition.
Jason, Phone: 612-385-5175
Maple Grove, Minnesota 55311

Posted: 1 December 2014

#162 4 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

It does, I agree, but with guys saying its going to be more like 6k-6.5k, I wouldnt buy a new one over a nice huo, in fact I didnt kind of, rather than waiting for a tspp ve I just bought a beautiful huo one and its in my basement now being played

Agreed, if its 6500 or even 6000 there is no way I will buy one.

I would spring 5500 IF there is nothing watered down and some small upgrades like better audio and higher res art (and maybe LEDs if done right)

#163 4 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

I think the BOM argument is way overplayed. For a game that's already been designed and engineered, what's the cost of a a few extra toys, coils, and diverters? $100?

You have to remember they have new products to sell - if a remake of an old product is more full than a current Pro, doesn't that make the current Pro price look sketchy? IM totally it in with what today's Pro is...LOTR does not...I guarantee it would be more expensive than a Pro for that reason and others.

#164 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I guarantee it would be more expensive than a Pro for that reason and others

Then it won't sell

#165 4 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

Then it won't sell

To you, maybe lol.

Look - if they DO make it - it's because they know it will sell. So after all this crying if they make it and you don't buy it....that's on you.

You could buy one today and enjoy it. You won't have to speculate any further.

#166 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

To you, maybe lol. Look - if they DO make it - it's because they know it will sell. So after all this crying if they make it and you don't buy it....that's on you.You could buy one today and enjoy it. You won't have to speculate any further.

I think you miss the entire point of how/why this would happen. Probably because you own a LOTR so you have a skewed perspective. If you didn't own an LOTR and were trying to get your hands on one, maybe you would understand. I disagree with all of your arguments. But you've worn me out so I'll let other people discuss the topic without my input!

#167 4 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Or make one of these boys an offer I hope you get one, great game!

Good sleuthing. I agree with you that nice HUO LOTR can be found at that price. Maybe this will put an end to the question of price and there being an adequate supply.

If you want to feel what Dweezil Zappa feels when he thinks about a LOTRve 1Q 2015. He begins at 59.31, while his mate using the white guitar, is the one can REALLY SHRED.

#168 4 years ago

Don't ask what the price of a HUO game is ask what the price of a game would be if you found a NIB in storage.

#169 4 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

I think you miss the entire point of how/why this would happen. Probably because you own a LOTR so you have a skewed perspective. If you didn't own an LOTR and were trying to get your hands on one, maybe you would understand. I disagree with all of your arguments. But you've worn me out so I'll let other people discuss the topic without my input!

If I didn't have a LOTR & really wanted one - I'd go buy a used one, cuz it exists...VE is pure speculation. My LOTR was a used one. I bought it from a guy selling it on Craigslist. It was dirty as hell with various broken things...I shopped it out & repaired it myself - it's worked almost flawelessly since 2008, which is more than I can say for almost any of my NIB games. Used doesn't = bad. 99% of pinball machines will never be remade or available NIB...so - just like "the good old days", if you want a game - go find one for sale and buy it.

#170 4 years ago

I don't see the big deal, grab a 2nd hand game if that's what you want or grab a nib ve if they get made and if that is what you want.

It's all good, it's pinball.

#171 4 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

LOTR are selling HUO for 4500. Stern's new price will certainly be higher, so I just don't see it happening. Tron pro would make more sense since HUO goes from 5400 bone stock to 6500 modded to the hilt. At least the NIB price could (possibly) come below the used market. In either case they are still competing against the secondary market.

Flawed logic...MM's were selling for $10k-$12k when PPS announced MMR for $8k. It doesn't mean LOTR VE will be more than $5k, it means original LOTR's will probably come down a little in price.

#172 4 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

If this thread is any indication all Stern has to do is say "LOTR... better sound, LED, $4,995. Gollum Premium LE $7,495" Marketing complete, people would be "wowed" by the price points alone. See how much of a competitive advantage that is? And all your minds would be blown that it was under $5k apparently, although I don't see why.

Because they would be undercutting themselves! You keep thinking Stern is this evil mastermind that will look to release games to hurt the other guy. Know who Stern is worried about? Selling their own @#$^% and their margins. They can't afford to just release stuff for their Dr Evil initiatives... they have to sell what they make and get the margins desired.

Your theory hurts Stern and their ability to sell their own games.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
There are 172 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside