(Topic ID: 232298)

IDIOT BUYERS - what is it with some people!

By too-many-pins

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 37 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by jbug
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4B2ECB57-DC29-4784-BB0E-AD3859084AD4 (resized).png
    CA54F051-7431-4A80-8AFA-76CCF86B46F7 (resized).png
    7467EBBE-A3D4-4C26-9563-8B71F7AB1EF4 (resized).png

#1 5 years ago

Want is it with people the always have to be right even if they are wrong? As many of you know I sell pinball parts on eBay - thousands of transactions and thousands of happy customers. Anyway last week I had a guy buy a left slingshot plastic for his Time Warp machine then a couple days ago I get an email that I sent him the wrong plastic? He claims I sent him a right slingshot not the left one.

Anyway - I look at the picture of the plastic I had listed and compared it to the plastic shown on IPDB on the left slingshot and the plastic I shipped was 100% for sure the left plastic. I go back and forth with the buyer a couple times telling him to pull up the picture via Google and he will see I did send him the correct plastic. (I also send this guy a full refund including shipping he paid and told him just keep the plastic).

Anyway 8 or 10 emails later he is still arguing with me that I sent him the wrong plastic because the one I sent him is the one on the right side of his machine. I explained to him someone likely put plastics on his machine backwards at some point but he still refuses to take a look at a machine assembled correctly on IPDB? What is it with some people?

I am done trying to help this "ZERO feedback know it all" but I still can't understand why certain people always think they are right even when they are dealing with someone who has a ton more experience then they do and clearly explains with pictures why they are wrong? IDIOTS!

#2 5 years ago

Can’t fix stupid

#3 5 years ago

Well, he got his part for free!!

#4 5 years ago

If I act like an idiot, will you send me free parts too?

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from mountaingamer:

Can’t fix stupid

You can say that again!

This guy reminds me of my one daughter-in-law. She has a PHD and knows it all but can't hold a job as a glorified janitor? Last Summer I spent 6 weeks helping my son with some projects around the their house and all she did after the 3rd or 4th week was complain I was inconveniencing her. She didn't think the project would take that long.

Up front I told both of them the projects would take 6 to 7 weeks yet at week three she thought we should have been done? I was telling my barber about her and he said but you will have the last laugh in the end "you will be dead & gone and your son will still be putting up with her".

Anyway just had to vent!

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

If I act like an idiot, will you send me free parts too?

I actually do give a lot of parts away. Not normally to idiots but just to try to help people. I would love to be able to just give everything away but I need to cover my cost. I have never been in pinball to make money - it has always been to help people. Sadly overhead keeps me from giving everything away but I do try to sell as cheap as possible to help people.

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

I actually do give a lot of parts away. Not normally to idiots but just to try to help people. I would love to be able to just give everything away but I need to cover my cost. I have never been in pinball to make money - it has always been to help people. Sadly overhead keeps me from giving everything away but I do try to sell as cheap as possible to help people.

Yeah, I can attest to that. Couple years back I was looking for some inserts for an old Bally EM, Skip sent them to me for free. He's one of the good guys in the hobby.

#9 5 years ago

Common sense and common courtesy are no longer common. I see it everyday at work. I really don’t understand how some people can hold a job, a spouse, anything for that matter. I am truly afraid and saddened by the future for my boys.

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Common sense and common courtesy are no longer common. I see it everyday at work. I really don’t understand how some people can hold a job, a spouse, anything for that matter. I am truly afraid and saddened by the future for my boys.

I have been feeling the same way for the past several years. 95% of people are OK but that last 5% seem to want to mess things up for everyone?

#11 5 years ago

Amen

#12 5 years ago

Want is it with people the always have to be right even if they are wrong? As many of you know I sell pinball parts on eBay - thousands of transactions and thousands of happy customers. Anyway last week I had a guy buy a left slingshot plastic for his Time Warp machine then a couple days ago I get an email that I sent him the wrong plastic? He claims I sent him a right slingshot not the left one.
    Anyway - I look at the picture of the plastic I had listed and compared it to the plastic shown on IPDB on the left slingshot and the plastic I shipped was 100% for sure the left plastic. I go back and forth with the buyer a couple times telling him to pull up the picture via Google and he will see I did send him the correct plastic. (I also send this guy a full refund including shipping he paid and told him just keep the plastic).
    Anyway 8 or 10 emails later he is still arguing with me that I sent him the wrong plastic because the one I sent him is the one on the right side of his machine. I explained to him someone likely put plastics on his machine backwards at some point but he still refuses to take a look at a machine assembled correctly on IPDB? What is it with some people?
    I am done trying to help this "ZERO feedback know it all" but I still can't understand why certain people always think they are right even when they are dealing with someone who has a ton more experience then they do and clearly explains with pictures why they are wrong? IDIOTS!

i block zero feed back buyers. they are headaches.
    recently sold a subaru waterpump i never used on ebay. 45.00 for a 90.00 pump. buyer puts negative feedback says it was a cheap china knockoff. i was fuming. like i am gonna make a fake box and waste my time for 45.00. the water pump also says japan on it. ebay sided with buyer. i am gonna cancel my ebay account because of this. screw them. been selling more things on facebook market place and others. still headaches but no 10 percent fees.

7467EBBE-A3D4-4C26-9563-8B71F7AB1EF4 (resized).png7467EBBE-A3D4-4C26-9563-8B71F7AB1EF4 (resized).pngCA54F051-7431-4A80-8AFA-76CCF86B46F7 (resized).pngCA54F051-7431-4A80-8AFA-76CCF86B46F7 (resized).png4B2ECB57-DC29-4784-BB0E-AD3859084AD4 (resized).png4B2ECB57-DC29-4784-BB0E-AD3859084AD4 (resized).png

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from robotron:

recently sold a subaru waterpump i never used on ebay. 45.00 for a 90.00 pump. buyer puts negative feedback says it was a cheap china knockoff. i was fuming. like i am gonna make a fake box and waste my time for 45.00. the water pump also says japan on it. ebay sided with buyer. i am gonna cancel my ebay account because of this. screw them. been selling more things on facebook market place and others. still headaches but no 10 percent fees.

Seems pretty much everybody who sells anything has a headache story from an eBay transaction. @too-many-pins I don't think it adds up to 5% of transactions (1 in 20), but it might be 1 in 100. And yet I still buy some stuff there - where else was I going to find that front fender panel already painted in the color of my son's car - that could be here in a week? (reference https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-son-had-a-minor-car-accident-acura-tl-repair-thread )

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my replacement LED display boards for model H and model S Skee Ball

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from robotron:

recently sold a subaru waterpump i never used on ebay. 45.00 for a 90.00 pump. buyer puts negative feedback says it was a cheap china knockoff...

Jeez...it's even an OEM part to boot! Not aftermarket

#15 5 years ago

After you refunded him, you should have ignored him.

LTG : )

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from rkahr:

Seems pretty much everybody who sells anything has a headache story from an eBay transaction. @too-many-pins I don't think it adds up to 5% of transactions (1 in 20), but it might be 1 in 100. And yet I still buy some stuff there - where else was I going to find that front fender panel already painted in the color of my son's car - that could be here in a week? (reference https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-son-had-a-minor-car-accident-acura-tl-repair-thread )
    -Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my replacement LED display boards for model H and model S Skee Ball

I am not saying 5% of my customers on eBay are an issue - it is very rare for me to have an issue with one of my eBay customers and when I do I can typically take care of it in a matter of minutes. I am saying it seems like 5% of society is either brain dead or wanting to pick a fight about something these days.

We have sold on eBay for over 20 years (with over 50,000 transactions) and between our 5 different eBay accounts we have a total of about 5 negative feedbacks and about the same number of neutral feedbacks and the neutrals are typically over something stupid so our average isn't bad. I think in 7 or 8 years of selling pinball parts on eBay I have had a total of 5 complaints and two of those were over shipping damage so again pretty good overall. But outside of eBay I find a fairly large group of idiots especially driving on the highways these days.

eBay is actually my favorite place to sell - I don't mind giving them their fair share for the exposure I get but I hate the fact that they keep changing things. It seem like every 3 months or so something major is changing. We have been selling on Amazon just as long as we have sold on eBay and Amazon has had like 2 or 3 major changes in 20+ years. I wish eBay would stop trying to fix what isn't broken!

#17 5 years ago

Some people don't have any manners.

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from robotron:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That's bullshit. Ebay SUCKS for sellers. I agree with you. Screw them.

#19 5 years ago

You can say that again!
    This guy reminds me of my one daughter-in-law. She has a PHD and knows it all but can't hold a job as a glorified janitor? Last Summer I spent 6 weeks helping my son with some projects around the their house and all she did after the 3rd or 4th week was complain I was inconveniencing her. She didn't think the project would take that long.
    Up front I told both of them the projects would take 6 to 7 weeks yet at week three she thought we should have been done? I was telling my barber about her and he said but you will have the last laugh in the end "you will be dead & gone and your son will still be putting up with her".
    Anyway just had to vent!

You have a barber ???
    Just kidding Skip! Merry christmas!

#20 5 years ago
    Quoted from rkahr:

-Rob

I bought a painted new front quarter panel for my tundra 4 years ago. Horrible quality and the clear was garbage and it started rusting in 3 years. I hope you have better luck.

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jiggly_Martian:

You have a barber ???
    Just kidding Skip! Merry christmas!

Have one just don't go very often! As I get more & more bald I keep trying to get a discount on my hair cuts but the barber keeps telling me it should cost extra to make it look like I have some hair on the top of my head? I am 6'6" tall - who sees the top of my head anyway!

#22 5 years ago

Now Skip how boring life would be if you sold the business! Take care mate and have a great xmas & 2019.

#23 5 years ago

I am not saying 5% of my customers on eBay are an issue - it is very rare for me to have an issue with one of my eBay customers and when I do I can typically take care of it in a matter of minutes. I am saying it seems like 5% of society is either brain dead or wanting to pick a fight about something these days.

Only 5%? I think you're underestimating. It's more like 20% these days in my experience.

#24 5 years ago

ebay is full of them , just ask me ha ha

#25 5 years ago

The guy just wanted to rip you off and get a free plastic.

#26 5 years ago

I still say it was the right side plastic!!!!!

J/K Merry Christmas and Happy New Years!!

Make 2019 a better year buy blocking such assholes.

#27 5 years ago

Many people will take a hard stand when they are told they are wrong. I understand it is very frustrating and I myself do the same exact thing even though I know I have better results letting the customer be right. I wonder if it would have gone differently for you if you had apologized and shown him what your reference was for the left sling plastic.

#28 5 years ago
    Quoted from robotron:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I have a story too...I sold a new TSPP ramp on eBay and the winner contacted me saying that it cracked in transit. I asked for pictures which he sent. Funny thing is that the picture he sent had writing on the ramp. I remembered seeing the same picture from RGP days linked years ago identified from that same writing on it. Luckily I insured it through the usps and paid extra so it would cover the full price. Low and behold the USPS would only reimburse $50...lol glad I paid extra to insure it for more then $50. I could have fought both through eBay and the USPS but I just decided to chalk it up to a lesson learned and never sell on eBay again.

#29 5 years ago

Wow...a lot of good ideas on how to get free parts off eBay!

Thanks.

Robert

#30 5 years ago

Sold on eBay for about 10 years. Back when EBay didn’t have the buyer is always right attitude. Also sold thousands of arcade parts and can say you’re always gonna have these type of people. It’s never worth the hassle. I always blocked anyone with 0 feedback. Also was never worth the aggravation to bother correcting a customer. I always just gave a refund and added them to my blocked bidder list. Quit selling altogether once they changed everything.

#31 5 years ago

My frustration with this guy isn't over refunding the money or having him argue with me it is more that I am trying to help him understand he is looking for the wrong part because his slingshot plastics are on the wrong side. As was stated earlier "you can't fix stupid"

#32 5 years ago

You think that's bad, you should look up my thread about having to take eBay to arbitration. I ended a machine I had listed early bc I traded it via pinside. Ebay dinged me $700 final value fee. I argued with an ebay manager on the phone. They refused to let me offer proof. One pinside posted the fine print of their contract and I followed through on arbitration with lots of documentation. Needless to say I got my money back. What a hassle. Fuck ebay, I hope they burn. I used to sell tons on ebay. Not anymore. Astronomical fees to please stockholders, etc. Buyer is always right bs.

#33 5 years ago

Its not just Ebay, Its Amazon, Rakuten, and other Portals....Power to the consumer. Social Media rules many decisions brought
    out by a minority of issues....often fraud from consumer.
    I hope to sell as little as possible. 1 scamming customer out of 100 sales is "just business" for some, but for others it just plain hurts.
    My last Joy was this video, if you havent seen it.

#34 5 years ago

Cool video Art, but kind of overkill. Easier fix I saw on the news is a guy who put used kitty litter in a box and left it on his porch for the porch pirates to take.

#35 5 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Cool video Art, but kind of overkill. Easier fix I saw on the news is a guy who put used kitty litter in a box and left it on his porch for the porch pirates to take.

That reminds me of the garbage strike in NYC years ago around Christmas. People would wrap their garage as if it was Christmas gifts then "forget" to lock their car.

#36 5 years ago

OP, that is a shame and there are a lot of folks like that out there. It does make you want to stop dealing with the public. I had a pair of active (battery operated) 3D glasses for sale on Amazon. I sent the item and was paid. Then the buyer said the glasses were broke. I asked him to send a picture of the damage. He said the removable nose piece was broke. That piece is soft with a jello-like design. It can't break and the picture shows no damage. He accuses me of selling junk so I asked him to send the glasses back for a refund. Instead of the glasses I sent him, he sends a pair of passes 3D glasses like the one they give you in a theater. At this point, I turn it over to Amazon along with pictures of what I sold and what he sent back to me. They don't take a side and refunds they guys money. People like that reap what they sow.

#37 5 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Its not just Ebay, Its Amazon, Rakuten, and other Portals....Power to the consumer. Social Media rules many decisions brought
    out by a minority of issues....often fraud from consumer.
    I hope to sell as little as possible. 1 scamming customer out of 100 sales is "just business" for some, but for others it just plain hurts.
    My last Joy was this video, if you havent seen it.

These thefts are a daily occurrence all over the world now. I'm glad to see the thieves get a bit of payback but if the revenge-seeking gets out of hand and hurts the thieves physically, I can see the law coming after the folks who are laying these type of devices out, so be careful. An old guy gets robbed in his home a few times so he rigs the door so anyone touching it turns into Electro. Cops filed charges on the old guy. He set out to protect himself from another robbery but he also could have hurt the wrong person. What a world, what a world!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/idiot-buyers-what-is-it-with-some-people and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.